Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech
US$111
US$104
US$334
Travelocity
All reviewssuperior suitevilla blanchepalm grooveclay tennis courtluxurious placeincredible hotelfree shuttle servicehired a carthe main housethe hotel offersrelaxing retreatswimming poolother guestsaway from the hustle and bustleorange juicemoroccan teawonderful stay
Reviewed 24 February 2013

After 2 days at the next door hotel (the Murano) WE HAD A LITTLE RESULT!
We weretold about a hotel next door called the Dar Sabra.We looked on the internet and it looked very nice.We walked out of the back gate and 20 metres away was this wooden door!
As it opened it looked like a mirage.A very Tuscon Arizona type of gardens with cacti and modern artworks .
we were shown to our new accommodation which was a modern 2 bed villa with pool.What first astonished me was the price.One would easily expect to pay £2,000 a day in most of europe for this villa and the same with their other suites around the hotel which if u book an executive suite (which is huge ) at approx 180 euros a nite, i dont know where else you could get the level of excellence for that price anywhere else in the world.
we were very lucky that all the staff rallied round us to give the most amazing service throughout our stay,however i could understand others finding fault off season.
Overall i cant more strongly recommend the quality of rooms and how cheap they are for what you get.Of course when you are paying beer money for champagne accommodation there will be some issues but the level of comfort for the price far outweighs it...Will definitely return in April where i will spend a week in the finest accomodation for the same price as a softiel!!!
Both managers were fab and couldnt do more to help!!

Room Tip: villas ,and superior suites fab however even the junior suites are nice
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mono551
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Didn't expect much from this place when I booked. But I was surprised by ths true kidness of the staff. I had the villa di rosa and I enjoyed every part of it even on February.
I almost depressed when I left and arrived to Casablanca where people look only after money.

Next time I'll rent a car because I payed 100drm every time I had to go to to town.

If you want to leave your stress and discover a place designed by great artists, you found the right spot.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed using the Groupon offer and we were blown away with the beauty of the hotel and the great customer service received throughout the stay! We was booked in a junior suite and got upgraded for free! The Indian Suite was stunning and was impressed by the over sized bath tub in the room. If you get the chance, order breakfast in the room. We got loads of food, spoilt for choice really. We had food in their restaurant only once as we wasn't very keen on the choices. Food was ok, hence only ate once.

We also took advantage of the free shuttle to the Main centre. The Shuttle times wasn't the best ie not very frequent but what can I say, its free. The journey from the hotel to the main centre is 20 mins and 30 mins to the airport. The hotel is a little out the way but we liked this as it can be a bit 'too much' in the centre. Plus, the hotel is stunning so staying in, in the evenings was chilaxing for us!! We paid 250 mad (£19.33) to be picked up at the airport and same again to be dropped off on departure. A little piece of mind and no hassle on public transport!

Overall, all the staff were more than fantastic and accommodating, especially Hassan (sorry if I spelt it wrong.) We found no faults whatsoever and trust me, I do find faults :-) We will come back! Cleaniness 5 stars. Customer service 5 stars!!!

Oh, don't forget to barter when shopping in the markets. They can be VERY pushy... start very low and slowly work your way up but don't give in, just walk away and they will give in! It works everytime.. bargain!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Knoki
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 7 nights and we were amazed at how stunning the hotel was. We stayed in a standard room and then for a couple of nights the superior room. Both were gorgeous and all individually designed however the superior room was something else altogether..stunning!! The service is first class anything you ask for you can get. The good was lovely only thing I'd say is that it would be great to have a few more choices, more pasta or steak etc. the gym and outdoor table tennis is good for something different after relaxing all day by the pool. The nightlife in marrakesh was also great. We were recommended a restaurant at the casino which was outstanding and gorgoeous decor. I also wanted to source some argane oil which the receptionist had delivered by their supplier for their spa. It was very good quality and just nice for then to go out their way to do this. All in all an amazing holiday, amazing hotel and brilliant staff. Would go back :)

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Anonymouswxy
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We had a fabulous trip to Marrakech in July, stayed for 5 nights. You really felt that it was your home, it wasn't crowded at any time. So tranquil in comparison to the city centre, real oasis! I was attracted to the property by the earth architecture and the modern art and it exceeded my expectations! which really added to the experience! We ate at the hotel a 2 nights and had 2 lunches, I am a vegetarian and had 2 vegetable tagines and 2 salads. Food was lovely but could have a little more on the menu. Free shuttle makes it really easy to get about from the city centre. One thing I will add that the bar wasn't open very often, was a good thing though due to the heat! Overall we had the best holiday that we have ever had! Staff were wonderful and we will definitely be back with our son!

Room Tip: Get one of the suites! spacious and all different!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple