“Excellent retreat from central Marrakech”

Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech
Ranked #135 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent retreat from central Marrakech”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I recently took my daughter and a friend to Marrakech and booked into this hotel at the last minute. As we'd arrived at a quiet time, the hotel was pretty much our own and we were upgraded to suites at no cost. Overall, we found the staff and amenities to be first-class. As a retreat from the hustle of central Marrakech it was perfect, with a couple of great pools and very welcome aircon. Free wifi also much appreciated. Overall, a good find and recommended. I think it gets much busier in high season, but mid-July turned out to be a sweetspot for the visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Adrien C, General Manager at Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Madam,
It was a real pleasure to welcome you and your so kind family at Hotel Dar Sabra and we are thrilled that you have enjoyed staying with us.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you another time and we wish you a lovely week.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was in Mararkech for the first time recently during the first week in July. I chose this hotel through Jetsetter and got a great deal. I have always wanted to go to Marrakech and finally had an opportunity. I was travelling alone and wasn't sure what to expect. It was fantastic and I throughly enjoyed my experience. I even extended it by a day and the hotel honored the same rate that I recvd by Jetsetter. The weather was exceptional - plenty of sunshine and not humid. HOT, HOT, HOT!

The front desk was v helpful throughout my stay. His English was great and accommodated all of my requests. I made my reservation for the Hotel transfer to/fro airport. The driver was at the airport waiting with a sign. He was v helpful and spoke good English. The hotel also offered daily navette/shuttle service into town.

I enjoyed that the hotel was quiet and the staff were v friendly and helpful. They left you alone and offered to help when needed.

I made several spa appts. The Argan oil massages were AMAZING. Get ready to get slathered with oil inc face and hair. You can find cheaper massages in town but I really enjoyed being at the hotel and being able to go straight to the pool after the massage.

Everything went perfectly, The hotel is airy, spacious and the pools are wonderful. My room was large and the bathtub was huge. I spent many afternoons enjoying the pool with a delicious flute of champagne for lunch along with yummy moroccan olives that accompanied it. This was my lunch although they do have an outdoor dining area if you have a bigger appetite.

The hotel is not in the center in town but this is what I really liked. It felt like an oasis and coming from a large city - the quiet and stillness felt hedonistic - in addition once you go into hectic town a few times coupled with the heat the best place I found was by the pool! = )

I reserved the Hot Air Balloon ride/Camel/Berber breakfast thru the hotel - great value - the pilot was great and I felt v safe. This was my first time as well. (pay with cash-local currency). it starts really early 5.15am but well worth it.

Travelling alone for the first time in Marrakech was a delight and I can't wait to return! I strongly recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday.

Tips: Get local currency at the airport - also at the main square there are plenty of ATMs and bureau de change. brush up on your French, bring your sunglasses and enjoy the culture! Be open minded and patient.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank Tatiana_Thompson
Dear Madam,

We have no words to describe our gratitude with your review.
Good reviews are our best rewards and they strongly encourage us to uphold the level of excellence you are entitled to expect.
I m happy to read you have enjoyed the hot air balloon ride !!! We will keep recommending it to other clients.. =)
THANK YOU in the name of all staff of Dar Sabra.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My partner and I spent 5 days at Hotel Dar Sabra and had a lovely time!

The service was exceptional, the room was beautiful and the pools were amazing! We will definitely come back!

We also recommend the Spa for a relaxing day

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sean N
Adrien C, General Manager at Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Client,
It was a real pleasure to welcome you at Hotel Dar Sabra and we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us.
Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve our service.
My team and I have taken notice of your highly positive remarks: they are our best rewards and they strongly encourage us to uphold the level of excellence you are entitled to expect.
We hope to welcome you at Hotel Dar Sabra any time soon.
Gibraltar
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I travelled with my daughter for a short break, and after a lot of searching on decided on Hotel Dar Sabra. And it was the by far best choice! The moment we booked,
Denise Garcia was, so helpful in answering all my questions.
Our collected at the airport was prompt & by Yacin, who had not been working at the hotel for very long, but is a great asset to them.
As we entered the Hotel grounds we could not believe our eyes !!! we were surrounded by elegance, beauty and art. The morning we arrived was raining and a little chilly. But as we walked into the restaurant and sat by the log fire and had the delicious morrocan pancakes and fruit, not even the rain bothered us !
We were then shown to our suite by Abdellatif and oh my goodness, we were in paradise !! the room was just stunning, the decor was just so elegantly done and with so much attention to detail, the bed and pillows were so comfortable, that we want to buy the mattress!
The spa was just beautiful and relaxing and Nazha was a dream, her massages were unbeliveable, we slept for hours after the massage.
The service and all the waiters Nene siMohamed and Lachen (sorry if I have left anyone out)
were always happy to serve us and so eager to please their clients.
The food menu was not too adventours,but the quality of the food was excellent. If you ask they will cook for you, the most delicous couscous and tagine dishes.
Nothing was too much for them and all the staff including the housekeepers always willing to help.Yacin the driver even accompanied us to the souk and did all the bartering for us!!
We were truly spoilt and treated like royalty! It was truly magical. Iforgot to mention how beautiful the gardens and pools are and very well kept.
It was sad to leave, but for sure will be returning to this hotel in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: All rooms are special but ours was a superior suite and just stunning !!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank NinetteL187510
Dear Client, ;-)
We’re always happy when someone chooses to stay at our hotel. And we’re downright honored when you choose to spend a special day with us as to celebrate your daughters engagement !
Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve our service.
We hope to welcome you and your daughter for her honeymoon at Hotel Dar Sabra any time soon. :-)
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Our family spent a week in Morocco. Our last days were in Marrakech. This was the perfect place to end an extraordinary vacation. The hotel is incredible. Many pools!!! The service was great. We all loved the mint tea that was served while we were checking in to our rooms. The rooms were big. Loved the rose petals on the bed when we arrived. The Spay was a hit with my daughters. We definitely would go back if every in Marrakech again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Madam,
It was a real pleasure to welcome you and your so kind family at Hotel Dar Sabra and we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us.
My team and I have taken notice of your highly positive remarks: they are our best rewards and they strongly encourage us to uphold the level of excellence you are entitled to expect…
We hope to welcome you any other time in the future !
Many thanks again for your feedback !
Best wishes,
dublin
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Have just sadly left Dar sabra for some time in the medina, this is a beautiful hotel, filled with modern art sculptures and very friendly and helpful staff. We arrived very early in the morning and were invited to have breakfast while we waited on our room to be vacated, check in is not until 3pm but they pulled out all the stops to get us into the room as they could see how tired we were and at 11.10am our lovely junior suite was made available, big bed, frette sheets, fruit basket and a huge rain shower over a big deep bath, spotlessly clean. Comments on TA re the food are justified the menu is limited fine for lunch but not interesting enough to encourage staying in for dinner which was a pity as the dinning room was very comfortable. Perfect peace, beautiful pools, great massage and lovely staff, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mamo67
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Uniquely designed and stylish hotel outside the city of Marrakech. We had a suite which was Moroccan themed, huge with an enormous bathroom and a bath that could have doubled as a pool!

There are three pool areas. There were plenty of sunbeds available while we were there but it's probably before the height of the season at the moment. In the main hotel building there are lots of beautifully designed and decorated lounge areas to sit in altough when we were there it was warm enough to just stay in the gardens.

Breakfast is quite simple although you can ask for cooked eggs however you like them. The staff were all helpful although at times there were a lot of guests for them to deal with at the same time.

There is a free shuttle bus to the city and back but you have to book as there are obviously a limited number of seats. They made this clear when we arrived although some people chose to disregard this and wondered why there was no room for them on the way back. The driver always tried to accomodate as many people as he could despite this.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends