Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech
US$105
US$305
US$260
  • Breakfast included
Les Jardins de la Medina(Marrakech)
US$419
US$378
Agoda.com
US$172
US$166
US$725
Cancelon
All reviewssuperior suitevilla blanchepalm grooveclay tennis courtluxurious placeincredible hotelfree shuttle servicehired a carthe main housethe hotel offersrelaxing retreatswimming poolother guestsaway from the hustle and bustleorange juicemoroccan teawonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a 5 day break at Dar sabra with friends, this wasn't our first visit and my wife words on arrival were " I feel so relaxed already" That's the thing about Dar sabra, whilst you are staying in a luxurious property with amazing gardens you instantly feel relaxed and welcome. The staff are attentive but discreet and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are very comfortable and unique in decoration, the bathroom in the superior Suite is amazing.
I would highly recommend eating at Dar sabra, the BBQ lunch near the big pool is fabulous and dinner on the terrace overlooking the lantern lit pool not to be missed.
I cannot find fault with anything and we will definitely be returning. Thank you to Adrien, Denise and all the staff for a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank simranne
DarSabraChapout, General Manager at Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear client,
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a positive review !
It was a great honor to welcome you and your family at Dar Sabra.
Thank you for your great pictures and we are looking forward to welcome you again very soon.
Our warmest wishes,
Adrien Chapoutot

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Lovely private villa with private pool and private garden. Wonderful to have large garden and space after busy time in medina. Tennis courts and huge pool for the kids. Food was disappointing and drinks were expensive.

Room Tip: Private villa was fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I spent 5 days here and could not get over how lucky we were! What a fantastic find, away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.
The staff were so kind and helpful, the place was perfect, breakfast fresh and great choice.
The taxi driver could not have been more helpful and the shuttle minibus just made the final touch. We would recommend it to any age group including families. Well done all

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
DarSabraChapout, Directeur général at Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Rachel C,
I cannot express in words how happy we are (on the name of all our team) when we read your review and a BIG thank you for your kindness and specially for taking some of your time to write a positive review!!

We are more than honored and it is our best compensation after our daily hard work.
Our main objective is to be able to have all our guests to feel the same way as you feel after they leave Dar Sabra.

We really appreciate your review and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you in Dar Sabra again.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Really beautiful garden, buildings, and rooms. Great spa. Mediocre gym. Although the staff are very friendly, the place is completely understaffed which means the service is poor. A few consequences: dirty rooms, no service in the bar, terrible food. Altogether, the hotel is very inconsistent in the service it provides: excellent on certain fronts and appalling on others.

Room Tip: I'd avoid ground floor rooms as there are a lot of ants and cockroaches that crawl under the door
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Matthijs V,
Thank you very much for your compliments regarding the garden, buildings and rooms.
We have already hired several more staff for the high season and we are really sorry for our "poor service". I agree the service is poor because of the lack of waiters; however, the dirty room and terrible food I would completely disagree.
We work only with fresh and bio food. ALL plates are prepared the same day, from breakfast to dinner and even our olive oil is from our own olive trees. Many of our guests even told us that our chef cuisine is much better than many famous restaurants in Marrakech.
It's true that our gym is small, however, I would not qualify it as mediocre. The gym is free of charge exactly because it is small but all equipments are of high technology and they work properly.
It would be great to welcome you another time to see our improvements and I am sure you would not regret !

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with big rooms, nice swimming pools, and has a basic gym, great spa (pricey), and tennis court. But!!!! Firstly, our room was constantly invaded by cockroaches, beetles, and ants. The staff seem to stray the room with some kind of anti-bug chemical which left many of these creatures lying on their backs struggling to die (I dare not think how unhealthy the sprays were for us). Secondly, the food is expensive and very bad. There is a shuttle that will bring you to town (about 20 minutes drive) at 10am, 3pm or 9pm and back from town at 1pm, 5pm, and 11pm. I'd suggest using it and eating in town. Though of course these shuttles appear to be conveniently timed to ensure you'll be at the hotel for meals... Thirdly, our room smelled like sewer! I know other rooms in our building did too.

Overall, we enjoyed our time there as we mostly sat in the sun and the weather was nice. I'm not sure I'd recommend it though, it depends how well you can navigate around the problems outlined above.

Room Tip: If you choose a room that isn't on the ground floor, the bug situation might not be as bad.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple