“Asian touch in Marrakech”
Review of Katsura

Katsura
Ranked #54 of 895 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Missing food more familiar to us, my friend and I headed over to Katsura thanks to TripAdvisor reviews. My friend had the MAD 100 set lunch with sushi, salad and miso soup, and I had some sushi rolls and wakame salad. We were surprised with how tasty the food was, and that everything was quite authentic and fresh. Service was good - waiters spoke decent English and were quite attentive without being overbearing (the girl was particularly sweet - we came at lunch time on 21 April).

They also have Thai food but we didn't consider it as the sushi looked quite good. The only annoying thing (in Marrakech, not Katsura) is that you are allowed to smoke indoors. Pollution outside and inside :(

Thanks for helping us with our cravings, Katsura!

There are newer reviews for Katsura

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I wanted to have an Asian meal so we decided to try this place and we were disappointed, the service was perfect, our waiter suggested that we try a Thai soup with sea food and some different sushi-es which we all enjoyed, very delicious food. We definitely go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I entered at 1h05, got freezy water after 15mn that's still fine, after 1hour and half still no food coming !
we started complening, 3 times asking for our menu no way , very very bad cuisine management. then at last coming the nems, the water was too cold and the nems just too much fried. I could not wait my next menu, and asked to talk to the manager who just said sorry and needed to talk about 10mn again to tell me how much it costed me. Horrible, I had to pay the whole menu.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

After many tagines we wanted to have a light dinner and after looking at the reviews we opted for katsura!

On arrival we were promptly seated by Naema, who explain the menus and recommended some dishes!
We had wakame and the salmon tartare as a starter followed by sushi and green curry. It was delicious in particular the sushi and the curry :)!
Service was impeccable like being into a 5 star hotel. Water and wine were refill promptly and the attention to detail was superb!
Naema (i hope the spelling is correct), the server, was extremely helpful and very attentive!
If you are in Marrakech and you want a non-tagine night this is the place to go!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I frequent Katsura on a regular basis, at least once a week, and it's without any reservation that I highly recommend Katsura for both their Thai and Japanese menus. My favourites are the Seafood or Duck Curry (choice of red and green) served with basmati rice - absolutely delicious and something I crave often, the curry sauce is that good. Also delicious is the Pad Thai, and from the sushi menu, a number of the special rolls - "Hiroshima" and "Exotique" in particular - and melt in the mouth salmon sashimi.

The servers are friendly and courteous and do a great job to keep things moving smoothly during often busy times.

1  Thank pjmrio