Riad Dar Othmane
US$164
US$89
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie(Marrakech)
US$693
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsa great place to stayrooms are nice and cleanthe main squarehot showerhighly recommend this riadan excursionjemaa elevery morninghassantaximedinaexcursionsessaouiraarabicroof
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Riad was in an excellent location. Perfectly clean and very beautiful. All your homely amenities where excellent, shower, bathroom etc where lovely. The value for money is unbelievable, as we stayed at two other places after this in other areas of morocco and they where double and triple the price but neither where as good as riad othmane! But the best part about the stay was without doubt Hassan. His level of accommodation from start to finish is special. He really made our stay in Marrakech far more enjoyable. Thank you very much Hassan! From Linds and Damon.

Stayed: November 2012
DESIR7_11, Manager at Riad Dar Othmane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Lindsay and Damon,
thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure to served you in riad dar othmane, we had a inforgitable moment with you, hope to see you again..
best regards
Hassan

Reviewed 12 November 2012

As we arrived late in the evening we had arranged dinner at the riad which was very good but was very overpriced at 15 euros per person! You can eat in the main square restaurants for less than that for two people.
The main issue with riad was lack of soundproofing, you could every movement and conversation of anyone else within the building which meant no sleep for us. The beds were like sleeping on concrete too which didn't help. Everything was a little bit shabby and in need of refurbishmentreally which is a shame as it could be a wonderful place to stay.
We also booked a day trip to essaouira via the riad which was an absolute disaster. We were picked up at 8am by taxi and driven to a busy junction to connect with the tour bus but there was no explanation of this. The bus finally turned up at 8.50am so we and others piled on. We had nly driven about 5 minutes before we stopped and appeared to be waiting for something, about ten minutes later another couple pulled up in a taxi and joined the bus! We had been told that we would be dropped back to our riad in the evening but were dropped back at the busy junction and had to make our own way there. We paid 300 dirhams each for this trip and were told by others on the bus that that had paid half that price! So do not book excursions via the riad is our advice!
Having said that the best thing about the riad is Hassan the manager! He was smiling and happy the whole time and nothing was too much trouble for him. He is definitely their best asset without a doubt!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
DESIR7_11, Gérant at Riad Dar Othmane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Anitha,
thank you very much for the bad review you wrote the riad,
about the room all customers residing in the blue room is said that this is a great room and the bed was excellent.
about the soundproofing is not my problem because customers who were beside you speak very loud even though I told them to speak low..
for the trip is not my problem because it is the price of the agency ... and all this agency is the same price
for the price of dinner, the price was very reasonable since for a menu: salad + desert + a large tagine and tea and coffee in the restaurant the price is more than that ....
more every day you had coffee with cakes and free it for other riad that pays ...
throughout your stay I was always available and present ...
dommage this review is far of the truth..
hassan

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed in this Riad 6 nights and it was excellent!
When we arrived, we were met by Hassan (Riad's manager) who waited for us with fresh orange juice and mint tea, which was refreshing after the trip.
Hassan helped us also with the transfer from/to the airport.
The Riad is located in the heart of Medina, 5-7 minutes from Jemaa El Fna market - by Hassan guidances.
Also, Hassan upgrated our accomodation to a more spatious room, which we are thankful for.
Every day the room was clean and tidy.
The Riad is very quiet and cool, perfect to rest in, after a day spent in agitated Marrakech.
Wi-fi is available and free all over the Riad.
Hassan was very patient with us, answered all our questions, helped us a lot with his maps - which were precious in Medina, showed us the way to the market and made sure that we know the way back.
Breakfast is enough to start the day in a very good mood, and the coffee is hot and strong!
Do not hesitate to have dinner at the Riad, because Hassan is a very good cook - he prepares the best salads, tajine and couscous in all Marrakech, and portions are huge !! :)
He is discreet enough not to boder you, and atentiff enough so that nothing is missing from your table.
Sure enough, if I will ever return to Marrakech, I'll stay in this same Riad!!
Thank you very much, Hassan!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank adelaarcereanu
DESIR7_11, Gérant at Riad Dar Othmane, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

Thank you very much for your message on TripAdvisor, we are glad you loved the house and moments shared with you.
See you soon.
Manager Hassan

Reviewed 10 September 2012

After frantically looking for a place to stay I chose this Riad over another based upon the fact that Hassan, the Riad manager, got mentioned so often as a top notch host. All I can do is to add to the accolades that Hassan deserves. I learned that one of the meanings of the name Hassan in Arabic is good; and Hassan truly lives up to his name. He was always kind and patent with me with all my questions about where to go and what to do. I remember leaving my room in the uttermost mess after my first night, only to find that coming back later that afternoon to find that the bathroom was cleaned, my clothing was folded and put away and that the bed was made.

Breakfast was simple, but good and filling, He makes the little pancakes himself and if he likes you he'll offer you up one of his homemade madelines with your coffee - which is also delicious on its own.

I think that the location also adds to the appeal as it's not so dead smack in the center of the Jemma Al Fna, that it gets really quiet; the only real noise coming from the call to prayer. The main square is quite easy to find after Hassan guides you part of the way, and I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to find my way years later.

I was planning to visit other parts of Morocco, and Hassan was kind enough to let my leave my main piece of luggage with him in his room while I was touring about the rest of Morocco.

I can't imagine anyone having anything bad to say about their stay here, and if they do then they're just being unreasonably finicky and picky. I would whole heartedly recommend staying here to anyone who is interested, the location, value and customer service cannot be beat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

A big thank you to you for your review, it encourages us to continue if necessary in the same way.
We hope to see you soon in our house.
Manager Hassan

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed at the Riad Dar Othmane for a 3-day visit to Marrakech, which was one of the locations that we visited during a longer trip in Morocco. We were warmly welcomed by Hassan, the riad keeper, who gave us very useful information on the Medina and proved careful, discreet and scrupulous throughout our visit. We were given a wonderful room on the ground floor, whose cleanliness certainly met the standards of a 5* hotel! The riad is incredibly quiet and conveniently located in the heart of the Medina, in a safe area only a few minutes away from Djamaa El Fna. Traditional breakfast food was offered every morning, as well as Hassan’s kindness and his prompt reply to all our queries about the best things to do in Marrakech. We highly recommend this riad!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure to have you with us.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
best regards