“Best Vegetarian food in Marrakech” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 848 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$4 - US$6
Cuisines: Moroccan, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Cash Only, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Vegetarian food in Marrakech”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I am so glad we found this cafe. Dont be put off by the bright orange interior, the food is simply amazing, and also healthy!
The lady who works here is such a great chef and is very talented. She made everything from scratch in a tiny little kitchen just near the seating area. Yes, its not traditional Moroccan food but if you are looking for something a little more light, but still filling and delicious, this is the place to go. (It's also a welcoming break from Tagines)

I wish I could have ate here more times.
Thanks for a great meal :)

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“Cute restaurant with yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I went to Earth Cafe near the Jemaa El-Fna around 7:30pm. It was quiet, so I found myself a place to seat easily. There was another couple sitting on the first floor and after a bit another came down the stairs, so it was pretty quiet.
As long as you find the street that leads to the sub-street which the Earth Cafe is on, it is easy to find. There is a sign hanging above that points out the sub-street that the Earth Cafe is on (I entered from the Jemaa El-Fna). I was a little confused at first because the entrance is right by the kitchen. But head on in and find a place to sit. Within a few minutes I ordered from the small but tasty-looking menu. Not a whole lot of options on the menu. There are around 5 vegetarian and 5 vegan options, give or take. There are desserts and juices available too. The desserts were not classified as vegetarian or vegan though, so I don't know if they have vegan dessert options.
It was not long after I ordered that I received my food. I got the veggie burger, which ended up being 2 vegan rissoles on top of fry-like vegetables. It was tasty and flavorful, but I wish they hadn't used so much oil on the vegetables.
They speak english, which isn't a surprise in the Medina where it is common for the shop workers to speak 4-5 languages.
I was in a hurry, so if you are short on time it seems like a good place to eat. I think I was in and out in half an hour or less.

One thing I did notice that was strange was that they seemed to be selling genuine leather wallets there. I didn't ask the workers about it.I suppose it might bother some vegans/vegetarians.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Tasty food, good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

If you want a change from tagines, this place isn't far from Jemaa El Fna. There's only 6 or 7 things on the menu and it's just a little room upstairs off the street, but it's well worth trying to find. Dont expect to be blown away by the interior but you'll walk away satisfied that you've sourced some of the tastiest veggie food on offer close to the main square. Defo one for any veggie visitors to Marrakech but im sure carnivors would be pleasently suprised by the food on offer, give the veggie burger a whirl, it's awesome!

Lubbock, Texas
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Can't recommend highly enough! When people ask about the best meal I've ever had, I always mention Earth Café. Julien at Riad Khabia recommended this place to us in 2010 and even showed us how to get there. Fabulous recipes, healthy, and vegetarian. Keep up the good work guys!

• Visited July 2013
“delightful vegetarian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Delightful vegetarian restaurant.
The food is amazing.
Definitely is the best vegetarian restaurant in Marrakech

Visited January 2014