Zamzam Riad
US$105
US$305
US$260
  • Breakfast included
Les Jardins de la Medina(Marrakech)
US$419
US$166
US$725
Cancelon
Great 4.5/5
All reviewszam zampalm suiteroof terraceatlas mountainsberber suiteyoga retreathammam and massagecookery coursecooking classan oasisthe hustle and bustlelocal guidenarrow streetstucked awaylamb taginemoroccan stylefour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I have stayed in at least a dozen riads in Marrakech and Zamzam is one of the very best. Faisal and Imane ran the establishment really well and everything was perfect down to the last detail. The location is a little out of the way but the staff were really good at walking you to the main gates, taxis etc. On the whole an outstanding riad.

Room Tip: The Master Suite is wonderful
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I stayed at this riad for 3 nights and what caught my attention is that location is not mentioned by many of the reviews below. Frankly speaking the riad is amazing: rooms are big and clean, breakfast is delicious, the food is one of the best I ate in Morocco. Also, the staff is above any expectations, very helpful, gentle. They used to wait for us at night when we were back from Jeema el Fna Square, helped to book us an awesome tour to Ait Benhaddou. However, the location is a downside...my friend and I got to Marrakesh from Fes late at night. There was a taxi waiting for us, but I cannot describe our sensation when the taxi driver sttoped. The neighborhood is quite scaring and we needed to walk 10 minutes from the place the taxi stopped to the riad. As I said, someone of the riad needed to be waiting for us at night and it bothered me a little, not only because we depending on someone else but also I feel bad for the staff who needed to be there every night we were out.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank maprest
ZamzamRiad, Owner at Zamzam Riad, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you so much for your response and praise of our hard working team. Just to respond to your concerns about the area Zamzam is situated in: The riad is positioned in a wonderful quiet residential area of the Medina. Arriving at midnight into a quiet fairly dark place is always daunting where ever you may be. I remember that you arrived two days early because your partner was ill in Fez, Im sure that must have made you feela little insecure already. Other areas of the Medina are rife with scooters and crowds, this can feel very overpowering when you first arrive which is why we chose this area of the Medina for our hotel. We always have a Guardien to meet guests when they first arrive whether it is the the day or night. This is not because the area is dangerous but because we believe in looking after our guests so that they may explore the unfamiliar surroundings of the Medina with confidence. We have excellent access to Zamzam unlike some other establishments and the walk from the drop off point to the front door is 3-5 minutes. Thank you again for your visit and holiday with us at Zamzam.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Our introduction to Marrakech was the chaos of the narrow streets and lanes navigated by our driver. Motor scooters, cars, donkey carts and people on foot all vying for the same space. Out of the vehicle and on foot for the last stretch to the Riad. Through winding lanes amongst old decaying building, and suddenly down a foot way which stopped at a grand doorway - we had arrived. What a pleasant surprise. A beautiful courtyard, beautiful rooms, and staff who could not do enough for us.
We stayed for 5 days. Lots of good advice led us to wandering the souks, a guided tour of the Atlas Mountains, and a guided foot tour to all of the historic and cultural sights. We were referred to 2 very good restaurants. We dined in 2 nights feasting on local cuisine and wine.
The rooms were very comfortable. Whenever we wanted coffee, tea or a snack it arrived or wanted an early or late breakfast it was organised around our demands with the staff constantly saying " you are on holiday relax" and we did.
I personally dislike hotels which is why the Riad had so much appeal because it was rather more like an opulent home with servants - everything was organised around us.
The Riad is a destination to be highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil M
Reviewed 28 January 2013

These people are great and estremely helpful. they will escort you to get a taxi, get you food from the street. entertain you with stories of the Riad. the rooms are great and clean with all the modern needs. I truely great experience

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank garythegut
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I hired the Zam Zam for my 40th Birthday party fully expecting it to be a lovely long weekend for my nearest and dearest. In actual fact it proved to be an amazing weekend that we will all never forget. I cannot fault a single part of the weekend from the stunning Riad itself to the food and service. It was top notch. I am not that easy to please and as much as i love my friends they also are quite high maintenance. Honestly we all give the Zam Zam and its owners 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: They all have their own unique charm....i wouldnt mind staying in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends