“Zam Zam rocks....”

Ranked #55 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Zam Zam rocks....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2009

"It is the most lovely spot in the whole world"- so said Winston Churchill about Marrakech in 1943, over 60 years later this statement is still completely true, especially if you stay at Riad Zam Zam. I'm truly not one for writing reviews on any kind of website, in fact I've never done it up till now, its really not my thing...however as they say in life
I'm y a une première fois pour tout'!

Firstly I would say Marrakech is not for the faint heart, nor for those who prefer to have a holiday or break that mimics their everyday life. The city bombards all senses, wakes you up, makes you happy & thankful to be alive and stimulates parts of the brain you didn't know existed! I've just returned back from staying at Zam Zam ( 23rd-27th Jan) as a birthday treat. As you can see from their website the building, the rooms and the decor are second to none- the attention to detail is evident from the minute you walk in and you cant help feeling truly wrapped in pure luxury. Through my work I've stayed at some of the best hotels around the world and with my hand on my heart I can say that Zam Zam is on the same level as many of them, if not above.

Being away from the true commercial area is a real plus point as well- I got to see the 'real' locals tenaciously working and keeping themselves busy on a daily basis. Not once did I feel scared, or out of my depth- the Moroccans are very friendly people- that said, even coming from hectic London, this place is busy & fast- with so many things to look at, soak in & try to understand. Stop still for a moment and someone will come and talk to you- they may want to help you with directions, or point you towards their family shop- don't be scared- embrace it, it can be truly entertaining!

The great thing about Riad Zam Zam is after returning from the exciting madness & pleasures that the medina, souks, Jemma square offer you enter an oasis of calm- but I would prefer to describe it as an oasis of karma ( of the positive type of course), tranquillity, happiness, beauty and so much more. What makes it even more of a delight are the staff, Mo- the Manager & his team who are kind, warm and truly attentive make you feel very special and remind you why we work hard to go away for fantastic experiences. I must also mentions the owners Marcus & Emma who are genuinely good people who had a dream to open a first class riad, work hard at it and have succeeded.

A stay at Riad Zam Zam is not just an experience.... its a luxurious, heart warming, fun, and mind imprinting experience that will last in my memory for a long, long time. I almost forgot to mention the food- all I can say is you must try it.... I ate at some of the other 'top' restaurants in Marrakech and the quality came no where near....

It caused me grave concern to read the only negative comment about Zam Zam, I guess that's why I've written this review- fairness & truth is very important to me. I've already recommended it to my friends & family and to a number of magazines I work with who I know would find Zam Zam the perfect setting for photo shoots. I could go on...but I'm saving it for my Moroccan night I'm having for all my friends. If you want an adventure & enjoy true luxury, warm knowledgeable staff, good value and the most breath taking views of the snow capped Atlas mountains I urge you to take a trip to Riad Zam Zam- along with the Kasbah, its ROCKS!

Pics to come... just wanted to write this all down while it was bristling in my mind!

Dee Dee

• Liked — Luxury, warm and friendly staff & amazing decor
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DeeDee21London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)