Hotel & Ryads Barriere Le Naoura Marrakech
US$444
US$413
Hotels.com
US$333
All reviewsbutler servicegreat balconyroom serviceconcierge deskjunior suitespa poollarge balconybeautiful hotelluxury hotelhotel restaurantten minute walkkids clubmini barthe ground floorthe air conditioningmain poolshort break
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This was our third trip to Marrakech . on our first trip we stayed in a Riad in the Medina , on the second and opulent 5 star hotel . Both were very good But I think this hotel offers the best of both worlds . It is big enought to have great facilties like a lovely pool , excellent room service including a fantastic free room service breakfast as well as a great spa include free steam room and jacuzzi pool .
The staff were really friendly and the service excellent , from the very helful conserige desk to excellent houskeeping . Roomwise we had a great balcony , comfy beds , big flat screen TV with Bose sound system . Lots of wardrobe space in a very modern well designed room with great decor . There were two armchairs so often missing from many hotel rooms .
The bar and restaurant were very good . If you go down for Breakfast you will find a very wide choice from bacon and eggs to local cuisine alongside cold meats , great pastries and cake .
Lastly the location is perfect , close to the Jemaa El Fna but quiet and on the right side of tow for the better restrants and nightlife of the new town .
All in all just perfect . good for couples , families and for business .

Room Tip: If sun on your balcony is important to you then you need a room on the south wing at the far end , especially in the winter . About two thirds of the balconies are in the shade .
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
ImaneHazime, Executive Secretary at Hotel & Ryads Barriere Le Naoura Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Madam , Dear sir,

thank you very much for these wonderful words following your recent stay with us!!
our team consttantly strives ti achieve a high level of quality and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our services and our rooms.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hotel and Ryads Naoura Barrière.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 18 December 2012

The hotel was good in all respects i.e. location close to the old city activities and historical sites, good food and very good service. The only serious problem we found was the inability to control the temperature in the room as winter heating was on. Temperature remained between 21.5 to 22 degrees C even with fan inoperative - no climate control. It is a modern hotel but the attraction would have been to be in a RIAD (the traditional but modern hotel) but the main advantage was to be within walking distance of the attractions of the old walled city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Arnaud B, Directeur général at Hotel & Ryads Barriere Le Naoura Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for visiting Hotel Naoura Barriere and for giving us your feedback. I made a point with my tema concernning the heating problem and we did take measures in order to avoid future problem.
We hope to see you in the near future since our location is a key point for you.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

The hotel was expected on arrival with service commensurate with its 5* rating
The room was spacious, well appointed and clean. Air conditioning was fine
The service was great throughout the stay and the concierge was helpull and knowledgeable regarding local sites and services. They organised a car and driver for us to visit the mountains and this was an excellent trip
The proximity to the medina allows you to make forays into the souk and rapidly escape the madness back to tranquility

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,
Thank you for trusting Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere.
We thank you as well for giving us your feed back which is a motivation feature for our team. We hope to welcome you again in the near future in Marrakech.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Firstly this hotel is beautiful and a truly luxurious experience, staff are great, food is above average definitely but not spectacular, something I discovered throughout Marrakesh. I am however in love with the Moroccan pancakes. The hotel beds are super comfy and the rooms in total are fabulous, I did find that the bathroom shower area a bit strange as there is no shower curtain so therefore the water gets everywhere, but there is always a member of staff ready to make everything new and fresh for your comfort.

Now I booked this hotel through Expedia and it was clear when we arrived that everyone else staying there definitely did not use Expedia or probably don't even know what Expedia is.

This was snobbery at its best I'm pretty conservative and do not behave like my various other travelling British counterparts, I am and was extremely respectful and dressed appropriately however the stares and turned up noses were overly apparent. Picture rich couples most of which are quite old not friendly Russian mainly, and I do believe due to my ethnic origin a slight be wonderment as to how I could possibly afford this hotel. Everybody arrives in fancy huge expensive chauffeur driven cars not a taxi a chauffeur.

The hotel is filled with old rich people who aren't that pleasant to look at (unattractive and too much cash to spend on surgery yucky) The hotel manager looked a little dismayed when he saw me and my companion with out caramel dark skin British accents locks and youth. I did not see another black person in this hotel not as a worker and definitely not as a guest. As a successful business woman self made and therapist I am fortunate that youth has stayed with me, as a lot of these rich snobs were in fact probably younger than I am. it was common to see in the Medina a few older white men sporting younger black arm candy, I quickly understood that in some parts of the world people like me are a myth. I missed my home because of this as in London people just like me are a dime to the dozen.

For this reason I would not go back, the hotel obviously didn't want blacks and that's the message I read and the message I will post in a hope that it will open them up but also knowing full well they probably want it the way they got it until Obama comes to stay. LOL

I rate this hotel good because of its hospitality and comforts it does not get excellent because I didn't feel welcomed at all.

We arrived on foot and happy to do so, the Medina is as large as Soho and does not require taxi service, the staff seemed amazed that we walked everywhere and took the famous 19 bus to the airport and not a taxi. This seemed sufficient as Marrakesh from my point of view is not a place to pose or show off, its not particularly beautiful its one big massive market the restaurants in the Medina do not boast al la carte dinning. To get dressed up and parade the market place in a pair of Gucci heels would be ridiculous to say the least.

The hotel has a spa a beautiful spa and this spa is NOT cheap at all therefore I can not comment on the treatments because I didn't try any. LOL

Marrakesh is not a relaxing destination the locals will take liberties, their approach is crass and very overbearing, after 20 minutes you will want to scream at every approaching local. They bombard you and try to gain your trust by promising you that they are your friend and want to give you "good Price"

They line up at the us stop waiting for approaching newbies to Marrakesh and when they pounce their goal is to gather as much information about you as possible, questions will be: "where are you from" "is this your first time in Marrakesh" "how long is your stay". They are like those internet sites that gather your info then bombard you with sales adverts. take my words seriously when I say TELL THEM NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

They are out to take advantage of you and take what they can from you, forget that bargaining at 30% rubbish, bargain the way you choose fit at a price that makes you happy. These guys are not to be trusted, as a woman they have NO respect touching grabbing holding and asking for kisses. if you are a needy individual you may find this appealing but for me and my friend we thought it was outrageous.

Word of advice the best time to eat is after 6 pm in the Medina the food is good and fresh I did not suffer any illnesses and i have an extremely sensitive tummy.

Would I go back to Marrakesh: Yes for an over night stay with an empty suitcase I'd stay at a local riad buy up some leather and teas then leave, would I stay in this hotel again probably not, a bit too stuffy for me I'm not the sort of clientèle they want.

Marrakesh is not in my top ten destinations but the lather goods are too good to be true.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeedeeAnd

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We well received your comments following your stay at Hotel and ryads Naoura Barriere. We are very sorry you didn't feel at home at all during your stay.
I did make a ponit with my team and we hope you will give us a second chance to prove you we make our best to satisfy all of our guests coming from all over the world.
We hope you will have the pleasure to visit again our lovely city of Marrakech.
General Manager Hotel & Ryds Naoura Barriere

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I was at the hotel for 3 days in November 2012.The deluxe suite

was very stuffy !. I complained that there was no air conditioning.

They had only a separate cooler to bring up to the room--which actually

made the room hotter !

They could not print a boarding pass at the concierge desk.--shocking !

the room service for breakfast was terrible---they didnt bring what I

ordered, but what they thought I should eat ??

I dont get it-- if this is a 5 star hotel then they need to be re-classified !

Room Tip: I wd go somewhere else if I were yiu !
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank potzy1

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We are very sorry about your past experience at Hotel Naoura Barriere. Please note this is absolutly not in our habit to give such a level of service.
I did make a point with my team about all your remarks. We make our best to improve the quality of service and standard you are expecting to find in our hotel.