“Out of this world!”

Ranked #177 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We did not look for it but found true paradise!
My wife and i purchased a 7-night stay at LodgeK, a hotel we had never heard of or researched in Marrakech at a charity dinner. A few months later, we decided we needed a break from London, work and the children so we decided to stay at Lodge K for 4 nights. Best holiday decision we have made for a long time! Only 3 to 4 hours away from London, and it is nothing but calm, exquisite landscape, divine service, amazing and truly spacious individual lodges, marvellous chef-cooked food, Summer weather, wifi everywhere (in case you need to stay connected or Facetime the kids at home!), gorgeous pool, you name it you have it! It was full (ok it only accomodates 5 couples at any time!) and you could not see anyone at breakfast, around the pool or at dinner. Frankly this is so relaxing, the most difficult decision was to go out! The owners are extremely welcoming and the staff looks after you without you even noticing! A true oasis!

Room Tip: Each Lodge is different so pick your own style!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been advised by a friend of mine to stay at Lodge K due to the huge number of hotels in Marrakech was quite difficult for me to make a decision for my mom and my friend.
I finally decided to go for the Lodge K without any regret !
It's a charming place where you feel like home ... Amazing spacious rooms, beautiful gardens, ... and authenticity ! I think it's the best choice you can do when you go to Marrakech unless you prefer being in a hotel which looks like a firm and where you are just a number, noisy, struggling for a seat at the pool, or a table for breakfast ...

Eric is really helpful and will come everyday to make sure everything is ok for you, he tries to make you as comfortable as possible, it's kind of visiting a friend !

People may get a little afraid because it's not in the city center but 10min is not being far away and you can easily have taxi driving you everywhere (around 9€ the journey) or rent a car.

I will definitely go back to this place during my next trip in marrakech & I even think about it for my engagement party ...

Thank you for these amazing holidays !

Room Tip: Lodges are amazing !
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I went to a wedding in Marrakech recently and stayed at Lodge K for the weekend. It was, in a word, heaven! We stayed in the Egyptian tent which was absolutely gorgeous - so comfortable, beautiful and luxurious. The attention to detail is incredible. Beyond our wildest dreams to be honest! I highly recommend having some treatments - the massages I had were so worth it. The food was good - not great. Lovely breakfasts though. If you are looking for a destination for a romantic break then look no further - this is it. We will return, no doubt about it. Truly one of the most stunning places we have ever stayed, and we've been lucky enough to stay in a few over the years.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife, our two little girls (3 months and 3 years) and I recently spent a week at Lodge K and absolutely loved it. Our lodge (Balinais) had a private swimming pool + garden which made things even better, but the whole place is absolutely stunning with beauty. The landscaping is heavenly and all the overall decoration is of extremely good taste. The service is impeccably attentive and the food is delicious (although I think they should have an actual menu, hopefully they will in the future). We had a couple of minor issues like the heater and the in-room phone not working the first day but they were quickly sorted out.
The owner Mr Eric is a true gentleman and an excellent host, he really makes you feel like a guest in his own house (well, you actually are!).
We are definitely going back to Lodge K and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a exquisite stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RT2012London
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

My girlfriend and I are just back from Marrakech and while there we stayed at Lodge K. This hotel was recommended to us by Boutique Souk who are a concierge service (Highly recommended). We stayed in the Master Lodge which was simply fantastic. The room is huge at about 200 square metres, it is very tastefully designed and we very much enjoyed our stay there.

The grounds around the hotel are well maintained and the pool area is beautiful. The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help me on a number of occasions.

My only regret about this hotel was not getting to use the spa which looked fantastic. Next time I visit I will definitely give it a go.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart A
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

I have to admit that upon arrival I was a bit let down.....the welcome was limited, we were dropped off near a storage/garage like area, and the villa we had reserved was reserved to someone else. I was extremely surprised because Lodge K had been highly recommended. However, we were quickly won over by the charm, the birds singing, the warm service, the impeccable garden, the decor, and the calm. I have traveled alot and have been to some incredible places so I am not easy to please, but Lodge K is a place to go to and I will go back. I was very sad to leave!

Acutally, I should add......it's a place to go if you are looking to relax and to enjoy time with your partner. There were some people that brought their children, which didn't bother me, however it's more of a place for couples in my opinion. The sun chairs around the pool are nestled under the palm trees by 2's and each chair is perfect for 2 people!! For me it is an ideal place for romance, reconnecting, and recharging.

As for the pool, it's lovely but cold. It was very hot outside so the refeshing dip in the pool was nice, but not easy to get into. The pool area is surrounded by really one of the nicest gardens I've ever seen. Exceptionally maintained!! That impressed me because some 5 star hotels do not even have this standard.

The restaurant has a large menu for being such a small place. I stuck to the Moroccan food and had only positive experiences. My companion was less happy and quickly bored. We didn't leave the hotel for the 6 days we were there, but next time we will enjoy some of the local restaurants. Overall, the food is good yet able to see when the head cook was not there!!

We stayed in the Art Deco room and visited the other villas. They are all quite nice and the decor adds to the experience. The rooms are well cared for and quite spacious. Lodge K has really created a unique place for their guests. The only downside for me was the bathtub which isn't at all practical since it's the size of a jacuzzi and would take hours to fill.....but it was nice to look at!

Service very warm and helpful, paying attention to all our needs. As for the owners, they are a super warm & charming couple that clearly take great pride in Lodge K and wish to bring a special experience to their clients.

Lastly, for those of you interested in spa treatments..... I want to add that I had a massage from the spa with Youssef..........great! He started with the hammam & exfoliation and then finished with an amazing massage. It was very "tonic" and not for people looking to just lay there and have oil rubbed on their back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tatude
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

I really should have left this review earlier as our stay at Lodge K was outstanding.My partner and I have a hectic lifestyle and I thought we needed a couple of weeks of complete relaxation.After a lot of research we chose Lodge K for a two week holiday in August 2010 and thankfully we were not disappointed. In my opinion this is the Moroccan equivalent to the Banyan tree Madivaru, The lodge has five huge very exclusive tented villas on the grounds each with plenty of privacy.We could not fault the villa we stayed in which was the Master's Villa.The Four poster bed was huge and very comfortable and the bath was to die for.
Sonia and Eric the hosts were always friendly and attentive and are a lovely couple.
Throughout our two week stay the staff and service were beyond five star especially since it was Ramadan .The food and quality of wine was excellent.
As previous posts have said if you want a very special romantic break with your loved one Lodge K is Heaven on Earth.
Thanks again for a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple