“Calm among the chaos!”

Riad Diana
Ranked #52 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
“Calm among the chaos!”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed for 5 days at thus beautiful tranquil riad. The location, staff and the accommodation didn't fail to satisfy.

The riad was clean well kept, rooms were comfortable and a great bed! Staff couldn't do enough to please and to make sure we felt at home. We were located closely to jama el fena .

We enjoyed the cooking class too, and the shopping experience.

Thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank HC1087

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My son and I spent five very enjoyable nights staying in Riad Diana. It is central (a short walk from the main square) but very quiet. The bedrooms were comfortable, clean and attractively furnished. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The public areas were delightful with a sense of calm. I would go there again. On our first night we enjoyed a delicious meal on the roof terrace under the stars.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Rainham, Kent, UK
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I stayed in Riad Diana for his 40th birthday for 4 nights. It is very traditional and beautifully presented and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The manager Boujemaa was our main contact because he spoke the best English. If you speak French you will be fine. He helped us to use the local taxis and not get ripped off. Nothing was too much trouble. We ate in the Riad on the 1st evening and had the traditional Moroccan dinner. It was served on the terrace by candle light, very romantic and delicious. Breakfast was slightly different each morning and you can ask for English tea if you like. I would recommend you book the hotel taxi to pick you up from the airport, it was very easy. The weather was beautiful and we made the most of the terrace. We felt exceptionally safe in the Riad, which I can't say for the rest of Marrakech. We would definitely recommend this Riad to others.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ali S
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. Boujemaa was extremely helpful , and the staff were always very courteous. The public areas such as the terrace and central courtyard are delightful (and compared pretty favourably with another riad that we visited when there). Breakfast was simple but very good. The location is absolutely superb, just 5 minutes from the main square and just off a fascinating small street of workshops. The air conditioning worked OK in temperatures of over 33C. We would recommend this Riad if you want centrally located and straightforward riad accommodation.

Room Tip: We had the rooftop room which is smaller than the rest but it was fine and great for enjoying the te...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scotginge
London
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My friend and I stayed at Riad Diana in August and had an absolutely wonderful time! The staff were so helpful and friendly. We did the cooking class, had massages, had a private half day tour and a camel ride in the Palmeraie, which were all organised by Riad Diana. Even with the high temperatures, we really enjoyed relaxing on the rooftop of the riad and then dipping in the plunge pool. The entire place is extremely relaxing and made for an excellent holiday. If we are ever back in Marrakech, we will definitely stay here. Thank you for an excellent trip!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Before travelling to Marrakech, I did a lot of 'homework' on where to stay (including on TripAdvisor) and so, when the plane touched down in Morocco, I had my fingers crossed that I'd made the right decision! In fact, I could not have been more happy with Riad Diana. From the moment that we were picked up from the airport and welcomed by the Riad manager we felt completely at home. The service was second to none - I felt relaxed, peaceful, and very welcome. The location is incredible as you are right in the heart of the city, which is bustling from morning until night...yet you step into the Riad and are transported to a truly peaceful, calm and quiet oasis! My partner and I particularly enjoyed the Hammam and massage (what a treat to be able to have this at the Riad, and then lie on the roof terrace!). The rooms are kept beautifully clean, the staff could not be more helpful, I had some of the best night's sleep I've had in ages (thanks to the amazing quiet, the ambience, and the fantastically comfortable beds!) and we cannot wait to go back. I've travelled a lot, both for business and for pleasure, and I've never felt more at home in a 'hotel' as I did in Riad Diana. It was just a beautiful experience!

Room Tip: We had the ground floor room, which was lovely!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The few days i spent in this Riad where excellent and i would recommend this Riad to everyone looking for good value for money, a typical guesthouse with a familiar as well as professional athmosphere. A definate plus to other Riads is without any doubt the perfect location in the Medina and the plunge pool in the patio, even more by temperatures like we had in July of 48degrees Celsius.
Most off all i enjoyed a very personal cooking lesson with Sabria, she showed me how to cook my favorite moroccan dishes as well as the tradional mint tea of course after going to the market together in the morning. Despite the Ramadan started she gave me an amazing class and i can not recommande her as a cooking teacher high enough. Thanks one more time for this!
Despite the very positive experience in Riad Diana, personally, i prefered the Sister Riad Carina as the team there can not to be topped!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo