“Can not speak highly enough of this wonderful place!”
Review of Riad Diana

Riad Diana
Ranked #52 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Can not speak highly enough of this wonderful place!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I hired the whole of this riad for my sisters Hen celebrations and I just have to say this place was simply wonderful.

They looked after us beautifully - were so helpful leading up to the celebrations with everything I need confirmed and then when we arrived they had a driver waiting for us who took us to this gorgeous place.

Where we had the whole riad to ourselves we obviously had a different experience than if we had been sharing it with others - but the rooms are beautifully decorated - all of the seating areas are very sweet - the roof top was lovely to have a drink on.

The food they prepared us was delicious and the staff looked after us so well - I really can not speak highly enough of Riad Diana.

In terms of location its really near the main square - I've been to Marrakech a couple of times and would recommend this place for anyone who wanted to stay in the Old Town.

If you want a lot of privacy - then a riad in general isn't for you probably - noise travels in these traditional places and with the lay out of any riad you are going to be sharing a home with other guests - but for 1 or 2 nights to experience the old town - or if you are a family or a group of friends sharing the whole place I really recommend it.

Value for money - you get a 5star experience for a fabulous price

Room Tip: There was a cute private room on the roof top that my mum stayed in that she loved if you wanted to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emma_and_Damian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I've been here with my grandfather and we both liked it.
Although not far away from Jemaa El Fna quiet and cozy. A great place to stay, especially because of the nice and helpful staff.
Great breakfast, too.
Here (like in any other riad because of their architecture) it might become a little loud when other guests are loud in the inner courtyard.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Careau K
Perth
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I must say I was sceptical when I booked this as it was extremely cheap and was highly rated on Trip Advisor.

The Riad is located in the back blocks of the Old Town and we followed our luggage chariot, who greeted us when the taxi dropped us of, through the maze which is made up of the narrow lane ways of the Old Town.

When we first arrived 2 words came to mind, peaceful and tranquil.

The Check In...

Pretty simple check in with no issues as we had all documents available.

The Room/Rooms...

The first couple of nights we were in a single room with a double bed, television, sofa and coffee table. Although simple the room was spacious and clean. Due to other guests arriving we were moved to another room after 2 nights, we didn't mind as they had advised us upon check in that this was going to happen. Our second room was large and had a separate lounge room and ensuite. Similar fixtures and fittings to our original room and it was located up 1 more level.

The Food...

We only had breakfast here, which was pretty basic, but more than enough and I'm sure they would have provided more if you had have asked. Crepes, Orange Juice and breads were the staples.

The Facilities...

They have a small pool, which can only be described as refreshing, even in August. The pool is located on the ground level. The rooftop garden is a great place to enjoy the afternoon sun and you have great views over Marrakech. We also had a Hammam (Moroccan Massage) in the Riad, it did seem rushed and I recommend that guests got to a traditional Hammam outside of the Riad.

The Location...

It's in a very good position in the Old Town, it's the opposite side of the Medina than The Souk so it's very quiet. It's a 10 minute walk, at the most, from the Medina and an array of shops a less than a 2 minute walk.

Overall...

For someone who is used to 5 star resorts, this was out of my comfort zone. If it's your first time to Morocco then this is a great place to stay. Although not 5 star this most certainly exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UpInTheAir_10
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great staff every thing went well from airport pick-up to airport drop-off.Tour to Atlas moutians all arranged by Riad staff and taken by a local firm,Spoke very good Engish,stopped when and where you wanted.Well worth what we paid.

GREAT.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kevin K
Faro, Portugal
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This riad it`s an excelent choise for those who seek for a cosy and not too expensive place to stay. It is very well located, near the main square and several monuments as the koutobia or the madrass. The rooms do not have tv, but wifi and internet for free might help you to stay connected to the rest of the world.. The staff is wonderful, always helpfull and kind ( gave us some nice souvenirs on our departure). The poll inside the riad is a tempation after a long day of walking around, or just to stay around, drinking a nice tea.
I recomend the rooms upstairs, more quiet. I recomend the airport pick up service. The drivers are friendly and help you to get with your bagage to the riad. Hope to came back one day.

Luis Nunes

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My sister brought me to Marrakech for my 21st birthday and it was beautiful. What made it just that bit better was the lovely staff - nothing was too much for them. They even made me a birthday cake free of charge! Will be bringing my family next time and we will be staying here.

Stayed February 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We certainly could recommend this Riad!
From beginning to the end of our trip it was a great experience!
When you sent an email you can expected an answer within 48 hours, very nice!
We recommend the airport pick-up service. Very easy and comfortable after your flight!
This Riad is situated near all the places of interest, a maximum of 15-20 minutes walk.
So near the main square but you don't hear anything of noise in the Riad.
The room is traditionally decorated and nice and clean.
Breakfast is served in on the ground floor and is simple but tasty with nice coffee.
The staff is very friendly and very helpful and is willing to help you with everything.
The WIFI is free and available through the whole Riad.

We felt at home in this small beautiful Riad with a great price!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends