Riad Diana
MonRiad(Marrakech)
Gem Riad(Marrakech)
Riad Nesma(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main squareroof terracehammam and massagecookery classjemaa elplunge poolpancakesmint tealovely riadfirst floorquiet oasispleasant stayatlas mountainstucked awaythe ground floorfew minutes walkyour luggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We spent 4 nights at the Riad Diana, and loved it! It's really beautiful inside, and an incredibly tranquil place to return to after wandering the hectic streets of the Medina.
There are only 5 rooms, which means the staff are very attentive, and that sometimes it feels like you have the place to yourselves.
We stayed in 2 different rooms, both of which were lovely, comfortable, and just as good as the photos on their website. Breakfast is served on the roof terrace, which is great place to relax in the evening, and has a good view of the city. There is also a friendly tortoise that lives on the roof terrace who followed us around!
We tried the small pool one evening... it was very cold, so not sure if this is ever heated? It was certainly refreshing!
The location is excellent, only a few minutes walk from the main square, and near one of the stops on the sightseeing bus. Anywhere within the medina is walkable from the riad.

The only issues we had were that the card machine wasn't working, so we were given the option of paying in cash or going to a different Riad to use their machine. The staff ensured we were told in advance of checking out, so it wasn't a problem.

As first time visitors to Marrakesh, we decided to book a transfer from the airport. This was good, but when we were dropped off, a guy with a handcart met us and took us down the narrow streets to the riad (some of the streets in the medina are too narrow for cars). We assumed he was from the riad, as the taxi driver had handed our bags to him, but when we reached the lovely doors of the riad he asked us for money. Being fresh out of the airport, we only had large notes, and he knew it! He gave us some change, but still ended up getting a very generous tip! So be warned - try and get some smaller notes or coins before you leave the airport. It would have been nice if the riad had communicated this when I emailed about booking the transfer. If we go back again we would just take a petit taxi from the airport, which can be haggled down to a fraction of the 20 euro price.
Apart from the taxi/transfer, we thought the stay was good value for money, as it's a really beautiful little place. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2009

this was one of two riads we stayed at (riad karmela being the other one) and it was alot smaller but very nicely decorated and clean. the staff were very helpful but taking into consideration that this riad cost the same as the other one, it was not as good value for the money we paid. the room was a decent size but the shower was a little small and there was no air con in our room, instead we were given a fan which was a little disappointing. breakfast was pretty basic but okay. the riad is a little difficult to find so its handy to get in touch with the riad before you arrive so that they can meet you. i probably would have recommended this riad had i not stayed in a much better one that cost the same!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Our stay at this riad was excellent. On arrival our host was really friendly and sat down and shared tea and took the time for a chat and made us feel at home. The room was excellent for the price (55 Euros), the bed was enormous, and the room was decorated in a stylish traditional way.

The Riad has a small dipping pool (it's really cold, wee only dipped our feet after a hectic day in the medina!) and a sauna and massage room. One regret is I didn't get to try that out, but I'm sure it's great.

We took breakfast on the terrace, from where you've got a brilliant view over the building tops and can listen to all the mosques as the ring out the prayers. There's a really comfortable seating area where you can sit and relax. Breakfast was great and our hosts got us whatever we asked of them.

We really enjoyed our stay in this riad and i'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We spent the last two nights of our stay in Morocco in Riad Diana and wished we could have stayed longer. Our room was beautiful and peaceful - which was lucky as I unfortunately became ill after going out for dinner that evening (not from the Riad's food!) so ended up spending more time in the room than I had expected! When my boyfriend mentioned at breakfast that I was unwell, the staff couldn't have been kinder. They immediately made me a bowl of plain rice and sent that and a bottle of sparkling water up to the room to help settle my stomach, and checked on me throughout the day while my boyfriend was out sightseeing to make sure I had everything I needed and was ok.

Our last morning I felt well enough for breakfast and the staff made a point of giving me only things that they felt wouldn't upset my stomach again. They were unbelievably kind without being intrusive and went beyond what I could have expected. The staff were all very warm, friendly and professional and the Riad was beautiful, peaceful, and in a very central location for easy access to the square and all the souks.

The Riad has a hammam that we used earlier in our trip while staying in Riad Diana's sister Riad, Riad Carina which was great fun. (Riad Carina is also beautiful but has no plunge pool or hammam and is slightly less central, though still a great location.)

We would definitely go back to Riad Diana and would recommend it to anyone wanting a great central location to explore Marrakech with attentive hosts and beautiful rooms and surroundings.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple