“Fabulous stay at a wonderful Riad”
Review of Riad Menzeh

Riad Menzeh
Ranked #124 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights and had a wonderful time at this beautiful Riad. It is an oasis of calm and relaxation after navigating the hectic souk's. Yaseen, Jamal and Bernard are exceptional hosts and provided me with an itinerary that made my holiday a memorable experience. From trekking the Atlas Mountains to quad biking in the desert Riad Menzeh ensured my trip to Marrakech would be an all time highlight. Breakfast is delicious and plentiful with the dinner I had the best I had in my time in Marrakech. Looking forward to returning to this exceptional Riad.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Pauric G

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Riad Menzeh for a few nights before traveling to the coast and then returning to stay at a different riad in Marrakech. Menzeh was comfortable enough, but after reading the outstanding reviews I have to admit I was underwhelmed. The riad was very difficult to find (we were driving, so perhaps not a problem if you're being picked up at the airport) and while many sites were within 20 - 30 minutes walking distance it was a bit removed. The room was nice enough, though the door to the bathroom did not close completely. There were really no amenities on the property, it was very basic. We did eat dinner there one evening and it was good, and breakfasts were also decent. Overall it was comfortable and a good value, just not necessarily a "wow" experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina C
Reviewed 3 July 2014

What can I say apart from an incredible place!
Bernard and the staff really make you feel so at home, with helpful advice, tips on where to visit etc. The food and drinks we had there were perfect and yummy.
I can't say much more apart from perfect. Great location too, about a 15 minute walk from the main square but really peaceful.
Finally it is insanely good value!
Definitely have a relaxing hamman and/or massage too if you have a chance.
We would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our trip to Marrakech would not have been so pleasant if we had not stayed at this Riad. When we arrived the staff, Jemaal and Yaseen, sat down with us and asked what we wanted to do while in Marrakech and helped us setting up a schedule of what we should do. This was so helpful! They scheduled a day trip to the Atlas Mountains that was so wonderful and we got to see a different side to Morocco than just the busy streets of Marrakech. One of the nights they invited us to dinner on the house and served one of the best meals that I had during our trip. The roof terrace of the Riad is very pleasant, has a great view of the city, and is perfect if you just want to take an afternoon of and just relax.

The Riad was very clean, rooms were nice, although the bed were perhaps a bit to hard for my taste. So if you are going to Marrakech this is the place where you should stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wow. I don't know if a review is going to be able to sum up our first time experience in Marrakech. Firstly arriving at a local area my boyfriend was quite hesitant at where I had booked, but after a few short turns into alley ways... We arrived and entering through the door of Riad Menzeh.... It was breath-takingly beautiful! We were overjoyed- it's about a 10min walk to the main square and the locals were very friendly! Jemaal and Yaseen were perfect hosts, along with the other staff that helped cook and clean! Jemaal booked us a day trek to the Atlas Mountains and organised everything it was just a fabulous day to see different scenery. The meals were beyond Devine and the best tangines we had there, traditional flavoursome cooking! The Hamam massage is a must! The scrub is intense but you are surprised at how much dead skin comes off and your left glowing afterwards! Overall we spent 6days there- we had great advice and tips from both Jemaal and Yaseen and they made our stay very comfortable and welcoming- for a real Marrakech experience we would recommend this Riad to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Already before we arrived, everything was taken care off by the Menzeh Team: Bernard, Jamal and Yacine. Hints to prepare for the unusual heat-wave during which we arrived, a driver at the airport waiting for us and refreshments upon our arrival at the Riad, hidden in Marrakesh's most authentic area, The impeccable service and friendliness continued all the way through our one week stay. During this period we had every day tasty and generous breakfasts, a brilliant dinner prepared by the Riad's own 'chef' as well as a relaxing hammam and massage in the in-house facilities. Any touristy question we had was right away addressed in a friendly manner and solved professionally by the team. We would definitely like to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tocsek
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Bernard, Jamal and the rest of the team really make this riad what it is! From the minute you arrive (actually from the minute you send your reservation inquiry form) you know that the people managing this riad are caring and are devoted to what they do. They recommended I use a taxi service with a driver they knew because he could easily find the riad and I figured out why upon arrival. The driver went through a maze of buildings clustered on both sides of the alley ways and almost all looked identical- forget clear street signals! ... yet is this not also part of the charm of Marrakech? Bernard was outside when we arrived and he helped with the bag. Immediately he showed me the room and offered (delicious) tea and cookies since I had not eaten since the early morning and it was the late afternoon.
He upgraded my room to a suite although I had reserved the most basic room and that was because his riad was fully occupied. I followed his advice on food and what to see- and I am happy I did so! The restaurants were far from the all style and mediocre food quality that you may fall upon in this city. Somehow you are part of his family when you are at the riad and this is reassuring in Marrakech because the city may be intimidating by its chaos, which makes it interesting too.
My room was spacious as I mentioned and gave to the courtyard. The bathroom was very stylish in traditionally Moroccan. Despite the surroundings, the riad is calm although every once and a while you hear people talk as they walk by, which was rare and charming considering that the riad was in the old medina.
Breakfast was fine, there was always a fresh bowl of fruits and coffee or tea with traditional bread and the usual breakfast components. I did not eat other meals at the riad, although the one day there were preparing dinner as I was going out it smelled very inviting!
The location of the riad, probably like anything outside the immediate Place El-Fena, is tricky. The first time I went to the Place, Bernard accompanied me to show me the way since maps are at best sketchy. Funny enough, that night walking back I got lost! I had the number of the riad and I called not knowing what I could do to find my way back... and Jamal was so generous to actually come and pick me up from a restaurant in the Place. Thanks!
I would certainly return here and recommend this riad.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo