“Beautiful Riad in the heart of Marrakech!”
Review of Riad Lorsya

Riad Lorsya
Ranked #248 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 19 January 2010

We were welcomed and felt at home from the moment we arrived to Riad Lorsya. ILYAS personally took us to the square on our first day and he gave us a little tour around the riad. He also arranged our day trip to Essaouira which was really greatAbdullah, ilyas and Fatima were warm and made our stay all the more special with their care and thoughtfulness.
Fatima took us to the Hammam and afterwards we were so relaxed that we lazed for 24 hours.If you want to stay at a Riad with warm and friendly environment, I will definitely recommend it! I will certainly come back to Morocco and look forward to staying at Riad Lorsya again

Reviewed 14 January 2010

Marrakech's Riad it's the best accommodation...that can reconended to your stay in marrocco...however they have got un excllent services and good guesstes.

Reviewed 13 January 2010

Located close to attractions with very helpful staff.
Perfect haven to return to after going the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.
Would recommend the Riad.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2010

great experience in Marrakesh
We stay there for 5 nights. It was the best riad i visit.
Location is great, a few minutes and turns and you're right in the heart of the main square. The Riad was clean, beautifully decorated, comfortable. The staff were amazingly fun and helpful. Definitely would return

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2010

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of December and had a really lovely stay.

TRANSFER
Luckily we had emailed in advance and arranged the airport transfer (15 Euros each way), otherwise I doubt we would have found it! The transfer (like any other taxi) has to drop you outside of the Souk area and you then follow another guy who carries your bags for you in his cart (pay extra 20 Dirhams, about 2 Euros). You could save money and get a metered taxi for about half this, and I imagine you would then pay a local "Guide" on foot to get you there IF they know of this Riad in particular.

LOCATION
I thought the Riad was in an excellent central location amongst the little streets of Souks. However if I was staying there on my own I wouldn't have been so keen to walk back at night. We never felt threatened, but after 8pm the Souks have closed and the streets become darker and quieter.

SERVICE
On arrival, Fatima gave us a warm welcome and provided maps to help us found our way around which was really useful.
I think because we were staying 4 nights we also had a meal included which was an easy start to the weekend. It saved us walking the streets on our first night. The food was traditional and very tasty. My husband had also emailed in advance to request a special cake for myself which was of no trouble to the staff to provide. We did pay for this on the bill (200 Dirhams) but it was a big cake from one of the lovely patisseries. Breakfast was also very personal and plentiful, provided by Abdul, always with a smile.

ROOM
We had the Eau de Rose room which was very attractive and full of Moroccan charm. We also peeked in the other rooms and all looked nice especially the split level ones, but I think these cost more. I would say, that with all the rooms, be prepared for the open layout and no door onto the bathrooms. Not a huge problem, but might be for some if they like their privacy! Your partner might want to take a wander up to the lovely roof terrace whilst you use it!? This room didn't have a sofa for evening comfort, but I think the other rooms did. There were sofas outside the room but it was too cold in the evening to relax there on December nights.

THE REST
The roof terrace was a great place to catch some rays and was amazingly peaceful. Because the Riad is in the middle of the Souk area, there is no traffic.
The plunge pool is very fresh! I did take a very quick dip, but as the temperature was low 20's it wasn't quite hot enough for this!
I would say that for sightseeing the December temperature was just perfect. Hot in the sun, cool in the shade. Quite cold at night, so we needed a jumper and coat.

TIPS:
Take a compass and torch!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I really spent great time in riad Lorsya . The Staffs , ILYAS and Abdou , are so sweet with their guests in helping them spending the best time in Marrakech, with their advices and help. The view from the terrace, on the top of the riad, is beautiful. The wifi access and the air conditionning make the stay very enjoyable.. I will recommand this riad to my family and my friends, for their holidays.