“Had takeaway, but seemed lovely inside”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Ranked #163 of 942 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Having had one of those days (hungry, lost in the sun for hours), I just really wanted to spend the evening on the rooftop of the riad but knew I was hungry. Googled "takeaway merina" and portofino turned up, I didn't care what I ate so I walked over, asked if they'd do takeaway and was handed the menu. Ordered pizza and asked if I could have a glass of wine while I waited. Was given the choice between half bottles of white and rose or a glass of red. Went for the glass, but damn, it may well have been half a bottle!
Sat down with wine (didn't see where it came from but was good), had some beautiful olives bought over, was nearly finished with wine/olives when pizza arrived in a box but was told I could sit for as long as I wanted.
Pizza around €7, glass of wine €6. Sitting on a roof looking at stars, eating lovely food: priceless.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Mediocre and tasteless pizza. bad service, but ok prices. Its a tourist trap, an not much more than that.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Finally after eating Moroccan food for a week, we got to this restaurant! Neat, clean, and beer and wine available. My party all had pizza which was baked in an adobe oven with fire was superb. I had spaghetti Bolognese which was also excellent! The shrimp and avocado salad was superb as was the Caesar salad with white anchovies and chicken. Cold beer and descent wine made this stop a pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

US $ 7.00 for a 10" cheese pizza, relatively affordable given the restaurant decor is very cosy and comfortable. This is a restaurant geared towards the tourists needing to have a change of taste from the local cuisine.
The pizzas are good enough but do not expect world class pizza quality

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just seen they have charged me again 6 weeks later.. watch out for these people. Dishonest. Avoid at all costs