“Difficult to find but tasty vegetarian food”

Restaurant Beyrouth
Ranked #765 of 929 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$34 - US$136
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The absence of road signs means that it is difficult to find this restaurant on foot.

We had been walking all day and this was a very late lunch or a very early dinner.

We were the only diners so I can't speak for the service when it is busy but the young man who took our order was friendly, charming and engaging and very attentive - quick to replenish our bread when it was running low.

We chose a mezze to share and the food was well prepared, very fresh as the chef was only cooking for us, and good quality. There was also plenty of it. The muttabal was wonderfully smoky, the houmous was silky smooth and the salad, while it did not have small pieces of warm pitta bread in it, tasted very like fattoush. Little vegetable-filled samboosik (samosas) and falafel were brought to the table still sizzling.

Worth a visit if, as others have said, you want a change from tagines or if you are looking for good vegetarian food.

5  Thank Life_0f_Pie

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Average food nothing special, slow service, although nice decor inside. Wouldn't go back as there are plenty other local restaurants around.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We found this place by mistake. We were actually looking for somewhere to have a few beers and a snacky dinner (Tapas or the like). I saw this restaurant at the end of the street, and popped my head in as was not sure if it was a bar or not.

Walked in and it appeared to be a restaurant, so we walked back out again. The Maitre D chased me down the street asking why I did not want to come it, I explained I was looking for a bar, and he said they had a bar upstairs. He was very pursuasive, and convinced us to go in.

It became clear we were the only Westerners in the bar upstairs, and everyone else seemed to be Moroccans that were hiding away drinking, and smoking with their mistresses. Excellent for people watching, which is what we like to do when abroad.

It was late and a lot of the food had run out on the Mezze, but we managed to scrape enough things together to have a nice snack. The food was nothing special - except the Lebanese bread which was fantastic - but it did the job. A few more beers, and more banter with the Maitre'D who explained "he was Moroccan, but did not think Moroccan" and we managed to leave with a couple of bottles of wine to take back to the Medina.

A very funny evening, in a nice relaxing locals bar.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I am writing this review while still in Marrakesh because i am disgusted at the rudeness i have just recieved from thier maitre d'. We wanted to eat here tonight as we are in the hotel next door and reviews looked ok. On arrival the doorman/maitre d' physically tried to force me in and then as i stepped back to resist shouted at me. I would not eat here if they paid me! Even in the Souk they know thier manners. Good luck to those of you that endorse such behavior and try the food. Personally thier are hundreds more better than this in Marrakesh.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I can only comment on the veggie food, but I give it two thumbs up!
Actually the choices are fairly extensive:
Hummus bi tahina,Haricots vert in tomato sauce,Browned cauliflower,Epinard in fried dough,Taboule,Saffron rice,White rice with green sauce,2 kinds of soup (potage?),falafel and more...
Although I suffered some mix-ups and started to choke from the smoke, the people in the upstairs bar were exceptionally friendly and fun in all persuasions...!
I prefer, however, the downstairs dining area; flowers at every table and a competant and very friendly waiter, manager and chef!