“Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad Kniza Restaurant

Riad Kniza Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 832 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$26 - US$69
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fotherby
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a delightful place to eat, wonderful service, delicious food and the most perfect surroundings - what more can I say. Its a must if you are looking for somewhere special to dine

Visited November 2013
1 Thank emerald777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Llanfyllin, United Kingdom
“Cookery Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We enjoyed a cookery course at Riad Kniza last Thursday. I booked and arranged the course from the UK before we left. There were six of us for the course and we arrived at 11.00 am to meet our Chef. We were taken to the market to buy the ingredients, vegetables, meat and spices and then back to prepare. We were all given chefs whites and we set about preparing a rather interesting lunch.We made a lamb tagine, flat breads and various vegetable dishes and the use of spice was quite amazing.
We were then served the lunch that we had prepared on the most beautiful of roof terraces and the food was amazing. The staff were very attentive and we were given a tour of the property which is stunning. I would recommend anyone to try the course no matter what your skill level and very reasonable at 55 Euros
I would love to stay there if I return to Marrakech

New York, New York, United States
“Delicious! And very accommodating for a Vegetarian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Delicious tagines, cous cous and pastries. We ate here for one dinner, one lunch and four breakfasts. Delicious. Also, the kitchen is spotless!

Service is impeccable. Eat up on the roof terrace if you can and watch the sun set.

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Very friendly and helpful staff, food OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The best thing about this restaurant is the location in the beautiful Riad which has been restored beautifully. You can choose to dine either at the rooftop (preferred) or near the courtyard on the ground floor. The traditional Moroccan food is good, but nothing to write home about. The tajines were the best and the salads were pretty good. There was no space for dessert after the meal, which was very filling. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful in arranging enough food for us.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marrakech, Morocco
“It lives on the laurels of the past...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is the restaurant of the homonym riad in the Medina of Marrakech.
Because of its excellent reputation I reserved a table in the occasion of the visit of a dear friend, architect in London, to whom at the same time I wanted to show the splendor of a beautiful traditional riad in Morocco and to taste the excellence of the Moroccan cuisine.
In short I wanted to spend a good evening with a friend and at the same time impress him a bit.
Certainly I reached my first goal because the riad is very decorated with intricate sculptural plaster works on the the walls and other precious handicrafts .. but concerning the food, we were completely dissatisfied with ... All the dishes were not noteworthy, bland , but of all, the chicken tajine was really bad.. At the light of te poor results I wonder why they ask by mail to make in advance te choice of the main course...My wife looked at me desolate all the time and I was very frustrated. Forget about the wines...a nonexistent choice.

Definitely this restaurant lives on the laurels of the past, and due also to the expensive prices charged, I suggest to forget about.

• Visited October 2013