“Welcoming and comfortable in the heart of Marrakech.”
Review of Riad Ineslisa

Riad Ineslisa
Ranked #652 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Welcoming and comfortable in the heart of Marrakech.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Hospitality:
This is a small Riad (only four rooms) with a very homely, Moroccan feel. We were greeted by a very helpful man who did everything we could have hoped for, including arranging transport and even holding our room for a few days, free of charge, while we visited Essouira. Also, on one occasion we returned two days early from a desert trip (as it was not had we had expected) and he arranged a refund for us that we had not asked for or expected. What a great guy!

Breakfast:
Breakfast is a lovely selection of fresh bread, Moroccan omelette and fresh orange juice, tea and coffee. A perfect start to a day of wandering around the souks which surround the Riad.

Location:
The riad is located within the souks of Marrakech, walking distance from all major sights. It is hard to find if you have not visited the city before so i would reccomend takig a taxi form the airport. Despite its central location, the riad is surprizingly calm and quiet. There are also nice views from the roof terrace.

Rooms:
The riad contains four en-suite rooms; two large double rooms with views from the windows onto the small central courtyard, beautiful when the flowers are in bloom. I wouldn't recommend the other rooms unless you are travelling alone as they are small and cramped with no air conditioning, just a ceiling fan. The price difference is minimal (or was when I stayed) so it is well worth opting for one of the larger rooms.

Cons:
I was interested in staying in a "real" Moroccan riad so this was perfect for me. If you would like all of the comforts of a larger hotel, such as a pool, bar, etc then this isn't the place for you. The small dipping pool in the courtyard did not tempt me as it is overlooked by the other rooms and looked like it hadn't been used for a long while.

We had a couple of minor incidents where the local children/teenagers followed us and pinched our bums or asked for money. We were two young women travelling alone and although we didn't feel in any danger, this was intimidating and made us feel uncomfortable. However it would not stop me from staying in the riad again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upstairs double rooms. Well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank smemily

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A simple, small riad away from the hussle and bustsle of the city. It is a bit of a walk from the centre, but that adds to the calm. With just 4 rooms this little riad provides all you need for a short break. Breakfast is simple, with lovely fresh orange juice, bread and jams. Coffee is good too.
Just around the corner is a cafe serving great brochettes etc, for an easy, cheap meal. Helpful manager booked transfers for us.
Lovely roof terrace.
Bit cold in the evenings, but heaters in rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LadiesLondon
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was my first time in Morocco and I cannot tell you how lovely this place was. Other reviews have mentioned that it is basic, and it is, but this is no bad thing. What more do you need apart from a comfy bed and a nice bathroom with hot water?

The riad is around 15 minutes walk from Djemma el Fna. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful, drawing a map on my first afternoon to a nearby restaurant with spectacular views over Marrakech.

I was in the patio room which was lovely. Only two things are a slight problem with this room:

(1) sometimes people coming in late forget that there is a room on the ground floor so can be noisy (mind you, Raja Casablanca had just beaten Atletico Mineiro 3-1, so that might explain it.)

(2) if people are smoking in the courtyard, the smoke can go into the room, even with the doors shut.

Gorgeous rooftop with lovely views.

I was travelling alone as the cliched single white female, and I felt utterly safe.

Would I go again? YES!

Room Tip: All of the rooms, except the cheapest are on the first floor, overlooking the courtyard. The cheape...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Boniface8th
Suffolk
Reviewed 9 December 2013

As mentioned, this is a small Riad, but situated in a nice area.
We had the cheapest room and for the price we paid, I thought it was good. Clean and comfortable. The breakfast is basic, but equally it's what you expect and to be honest, it was nice just having coffee & chatting with guests and staff.

The staff are really the highlight, very helpful and just nice people.

The Riad is in a quiet area, about 15-20mins walk from the square, but this is a highlight rather than anything else.

So nice, I'm going back in a couple of months

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hoops1980
NJ
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Riad Ineslisa is a lovely, quiet oasis hidden in a tiny dead end alley (derb) deep in the northern part of medina. It is exactly what I expected, from the authentic medina neighborhood surrounding the riad to every single details inside the riad. My single room on the ground floor is very comfortable, clean and full of beautiful Moroccan touches. The staff were very gentle, sweet and polite. I enjoyed my 4 nights stay here and have been missing it often after I returned home.

Room Tip: The best Marrakesh map I have found so far is Rough Guides Marrakesh Map. Even Riad Ineslisa's d...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a three night stay in Marrakesh. The Riad Ineslisa was a beautiful little gem tucked away. We were a group of six women & were so well looked after by the Riad staff. They helped us with taxis and making sure we got home safely at night. The riad was so pretty, comfortable, clean and quiet. Breakfast was delicious! Location was good an we walked to most places and even managed to not get lost! I highly recommend this Riad if you love traditional, rustic charm. Just perfect!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed for a week in this lovely riad. The room was clean and simple, the staff are very helpful and friendly. They even draw us a map how to go to the centre of town and back in order for us not to get lost. There is a beautiful courtyard and a terrace on the top of the roof, where you can enjoy the views of Marrakech. It is an amazing place to stay, you feel very welcomed. The location is great, close to Jemaa el Fna square and Majorelle gardens - 20 min walk. It is worth staying here as you can enjoy piece and quiet after the hustle of medina...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple