“A Haven of Calm near the busy souk”
Review of Riad Diarna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Diarna
Ranked #549 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Wiltshire
“A Haven of Calm near the busy souk”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed here with Simone and Meryam in April and we were over the moon with the level of care. I had arranged with Simone for a taxi pickup from Marrakech airport on arrival. I messed up with timings but she re-arranged our collection and was there waiting for us at the point where the taxis cannot travel further. A short walk thru cobbled alleyways and we were at the riad. So thankful for the advice on here to do it this way, I can imagine a real pain with someone who is not sure of the area. I had also arranged a meal in the riad on the first night, what a lovely way to start our holiday ! Meryam is a brilliant cook and the whole eating experience was an utter delight. Our room was the paprika room and was lovely and spacious on the first floor. Simone has a special way with putting the whole riad together and it had the feel of a traditional Moroccan riad but with a bit of a boutique hotel feel to it. Next morning we had a bit of a shopping list and Simone knew where to go to get the best deals and before long we had most of our list. She also took us to parts of the souk that we would never have found on our own with an interesting slant on Marrakech. We stayed for 3 nights and I can honestly say it was a wonderful experience. Simone kept in close contact by e-mail. Some of the other riads I contacted never even responded.

Room Tip: From what I could see there were about 5-6 rooms and they all looked good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
MONAMarrakech, Owner at Riad Diarna, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Zoy, y're really a nice person and it was a great pleasure to share "our house" and "our time" with you and your husband.

Hope to meet you again, either in France or Morocco !

The best of Meyriam & Simone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have spent a week (during August) in this cosy and wonderful Riad!
Great location, it is just 5 mins walking to Jmaa el Fna. Personnel is truly welcoming!
You can book all your excursions in the Riad, we have been in Zagora Desert, Ouzoud Cascades and Essaouira, all of them were worthing the visit.
Definetely Excellent!

Giulia and Leandro

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in total. The riad is small and private and conveniently located near to the Medina. Simone, the owner, had arranged everything for us to perfection. We were collected by private taxi from the airport, we had a great tour with Mehdi. Meyriam, the housekeeper cooked for us and looked after us beautifully. Relaxing and welcoming I would recommend this riad to anyone visiting Marrakech for the first time. Thank you Simone and Meyriam.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Excellent value for your money. The feeling of being somewhere totally different is great. The welcome was warm, the location is surprising. This country is beautiful. Madame Simone speaks French and English, she has the French nationality. She proved to be very helpful. She knows everything and everyone in the city. Without her you are lost. She proves to be the anchor of your vacation. Do you want an outlandish holiday? Go to the riad (=house) Diarna!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Located in heart of the Medina, very near the main square and other attractions, Riad Diarna is such a delightful place to stay. The bedrooms are comfortable and full of nice little touches that make you feel relaxed and welcome. The food and mint tea served in the Riad are delicious.
Unfortunately, I became ill as soon as I arrived in Marrakech. As you may know, it is not really easy if these things happen to you when you are away from home in an unfamiliar place. But Simone, the Riad’s owner, did everything she could to help me and looked after me as if I were a member of her family. I felt really touched by her kindness and I did recover well within a couple of days.
Simone also organised our airport transfers, excursions around Marrakech and even booked the Hammans we wanted visit, everything we needed really.
I have already booked my trip back to Marrakech in order to recover the missed days from my holidays due to my illness, so I have booked a room for myself at Riad Diarna again at the end of March.
Thank you, Simone.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Cirencester
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I came to Riad Diarna with 7 friends on a celebratory birthday trip to Morocco. I am so glad we chose to stay at this Riad in Marrakech. It is situated close to the Jmaa el Fna and so is easy to find in the warren of streets in the medina.

Simone, our host, was charming, most helpful and I felt so warmly welcomed. We had a special birthday meal at the Riad - Couscous Royale - excellent food, great company, a lovely evening.

Simone organised my friends' transport from the airport efficiently, the guide Medhi and helped us in every way. The Riad is very comfortable - a real home from home. Lovely rooms with personal touches which reflect Simone's personality, roses in our rooms and such a special ambiance. I look forward to staying there again on my next visit.

Highly recommended !

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BabaCirencester
MONAMarrakech, Propriétaire at Riad Diarna, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Thank you so much - your postcard "ROSE" is staying in your room "ROSE & LILAS" !!!!
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We arrived for one night before going up to the Atlas mountains and returned for two moe. Simone makes everything so easy. The taxi was where she said it would be, it was paid for and all we had to do was enjoy the ride.
The riad is beautiful. Rooms open from a courtyard where birds fly and sing. all the rooms are beautiful with rose petal scattered across the beds and thoughtful touches such as fans and water. We had a Couscous Royale on or first night as we had arrived late and for the other two nights, Simone provided suggestions of restaurants and when we had made our choice she made the booking and walked us there. She seems to know nearly everyone in the medina and nothing is too much trouble forthis perfect

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank salmckeown
MONAMarrakech, Owner at Riad Diarna, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
To give pleasure is also my pleasure....Thanks to you !