“More than perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 1,176 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Friedberg, Germany
“More than perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My family and I stayed three nights in Dar-K in October and were absolutely exited.
Even our 10 year old daughter liked the quiet and safe place within the busy medina.
The room (Douria Suite) and the house are filled with wonderful pieces of furniture.
The look is clean, simple and very stylish.
We enjoyed tasty extended french breakfast on the rooftop terrace, where we also relaxed with a bottle of blush wine.
The location is perfect: Hidden in a small lane, but not far from a big lane leading to the museums, souks, Medersa Ben Youssef, etc.
When we needed help to find our way to a restaurant (and back) in the dark, friendly Yassine guided us there.
I cannot find anything wrong or not perfect at Dar-K!
Okay, the fact that the room was not lockable was strange at first sight.
But due to the fact that we felt absolutely safe, this wasn’t a big problem.
We would uttlerly recommend to stay at Dar-K and we will surely stay at Dar-K when in Marrakech again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have just spent 4 nights at the wonderful Riad Dar-K. The gorgeous Sarah is the owner and a gracious host. We were welcomed with mint tea and an assortment of nuts, then taken for a walk through the souk to the main square. All of Sarah's recommendations were spot on, including several very good local restaurants. We pre-booked our first dinner in the Riad after reading several reviews and it was sensational! - a perfect first evening served in the alcove.
The room was spacious and luxurious. We felt like royalty.
The staff were so friendly and helpful - the girls during the day and the boys in the evening. It was like staying with friends and they were always there to check whether we needed anything.
The included breakfast on the rooftop is a highlight - a fresh way to start the day.
The location is great. You are right next to the souk and only a 10 minute walk to the square but it is a peaceful oasis back at the Riad.
Don't stay anywhere else!! This is the only place you will need for you Marrakech adventure! Wish we staying for longer. Thanks Sarah and team!

• Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed for a Wednesday-Saturday trip and everything was so well handled and presented. We were collected from the airport, driven to our Riad (it has a short walk at the end which is 3 minutes at most and they help with bags). The Riad itself is beautiful, and they were so accommodating of us during our stay it was a real gem of a find. I would thoroughly recommend this Riad for anyone visiting Marrakech.

Room Tip: We saw a suite (lovely) and stayed in a downstairs room. It was big and spacious, plenty of room fo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Abbots Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I went to Marrakech for 4 nights a few months ago, stayed at Riad Dar-K. Had a lovely welcome from Sarah (the owner) with local dates/ nuts and mint tea whilst seated serenely in the courtyard. The Riad was in a good location, just on the outskirts of the souks and was tastefully decorated - in calming creams.
I travelled with my daughter (she had made other accommodation arrangements). Yassine went out of his way to escort both of us to her B&B (carrying her rucksack) and then escort me back again. All in good humour - weaving our way through the busy little alleyways past food stalls, donkeys, cats, local people (of all ages) and a few tourists (wearing shorts!).
We had dinner at the Riad, prepared and served by Malika and Yassine - Chicken Tagine. It was a most memorable and delicious meals.
My spacious bedroom was tastefully decorated, with a good bed and good shower and I happily spent time there just relaxing.
Breakfast was on the delightful roof top terrace with fresh fruit, local specialities and fresh orange juice or whatever I wanted.
I had lots of help from Sarah, with hammam suggestions, taxi bookings as well as flexible check- out time.
Altogether a lovely stay with caring staff. I would stay there again if I ever returned to Marrakech.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I can't think of a better place to be after a long day in the streets of Marrakesh. As soon as you walk in you can feel the serenity. Sarah, yassine and Malika provided an incredible human service, they made you feel part of the family. Even my super active boys (8 & 10) felt more relaxed in this little Oasis.
I would recommend this place to everyone even if i would prefer to keep it a well garded secret...
I would also strongly recommend for 1 evenning to taste Malika's cooking !
I can't wait to go back !!

Canadian Family

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

As a solo female traveller on my first trip to Marrakech, I really appreciated the service provided by Sarah, Yassine & Malika. Sarah & Yassine assisted me in booking a cooking school, restaurants, hammams during my stay & a pick up to & from the airport (recommended). This was so helpful as there is so much to do and see, the guidance was invaluable. The riad itself was lovely, I felt very relaxed there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Paula D
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor before, and I was torn as to whether to do so for Riad Dar-k, as part of me wants to keep this incredible place a secret....it truly is a stunning Riad, an oasis of calm in the madness of Marrakesh. From the moment we stepped in the door we realised we had stumbled across something special. It is elegant, beautiful, peaceful and the rooms are exquisitely done. As there are only 4 rooms, there is so much space, and you quite often feel like you have the riad to yourself. At the same time it manages to feel luxurious yet welcoming and intimate, and I think that is down to the wonderful staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them, they go out of their way to help you and we left feeling truly spoilt. The food we ate on our first night cooked by Malika was some of the best we had in Morocco, and Sarah, the owner, sat down with us to recommend restaurants, places to visit and took us for a tour of the souk on our first morning (a definite must, that place is like a maze). Yassine was always on hand to help, be it bringing us some mint tea on the terrace at midnight or helping us when we got lost! The location couldn't be better as you really are in the heart of the Medina, yet you step through the door and you escape the madness and enter a different, much more peaceful world.

I will definitely be returning, bringing my friends and family with me.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful - we stayed in the ground floor room and the Douiria suite, both of whic...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple