“Really enjoyable day with an innovative enterprising woman”

Les Ateliers Lalla Fatima
Ranked #11 of 21 Food & Drink in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: CUISINE MARRAKECH Traditional Moroccan Cooking Class for independent travellers. An amazing experience at The Travellers' Lounge Marrakech
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Dublin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Really enjoyable day with an innovative enterprising woman”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Spent some time in the spice market where she explained each one. Nice clean facilities. Lots of instructions. I really admire Fatima and think she is a strong character. Very direct and business like. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Visited October 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We had a great day with Fatima! I would recomend this to everyone who visits Marrakech. Unforgetable experience, food simply delicious! We learned how to cook a whole meal full of taste and we will remember this day whenever we use our tagine! Merci Fatima!

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A great day”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had to postpone our original booking at the last minute due to getting food poisoning from a restaurant the night before, but Fatima was more than happy to accommodate us the following day, despite not having any other bookings for that day.

We had a lovely relaxing day with Fatima exploring the markets and then cooking in her beautiful courtyard garden surrounded by olive and orange trees.

We also spent a long time chatting with her about Morrocan life, language and culture which was fascinating and we learnt a huge amount.

I would recommend that you don't have a big breakfast before this day - even a gannet like me was stuffed by the end!

Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great food, great fun!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We were very lucky to have the wonderful Fatima all to ourselves for our little cooking adventure! Fatima is a wonderful cook and is really nice to talk to as she shared all her stories with us. The tour through the market was great and we learnt all about spices and other delicacies as we picked out our ingredients for the day. As a couple, I can strongly say that we are beginners in cooking so do not think that if you do not cook that you cannot do this! The best part was using the tagines to cook our kitchen! I shall not spoil the surprise. A MUST DO if you love food! and who doesn't? Thank you Fatima, we enjoyed our day with you thoroughly!

Visited June 2013
San Gwann, Malta
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great fun, great experience a MUST to do in Morocco”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I had a lovely day thanks to Fatima. She picked us up punctually in front of Cafe France and took us to the market to purchase our stuff for the cooking. SHe explained to us the various spices and their use and involved us in selecting the vegetables, which is great to get the actual feel of a local. After collecting all the neccessary, we went to her house to start to cook. It was great fun and so relaxing cooking at her place, chatting with her in her lovely garden and finally getting to eat the abundant delicious food we prepared. It was so good value for money for just 500dirhams!!

To complete the day, she asked if I wanted to visit the local hamman with her as she was going there herself. I took the opportunity and glad I did it as it was a great experience!! and I am glad she was there as she took good care of me (considering it was the local hamman not the touristic and communication was essential!!).

Im so glad to have done this experience. it was much more than I expected. You should go believe me it was one of the best things I did in Morocco!!!

Visited May 2013