“Nice place, good food”

Ranked #330 of 895 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: With its large neon sign advertising its presence Le Jacaranda, in the very centre of the Gueliz is unmissable in more ways than one. A large building draped with greenery and with a purple awning shading diners from the heat of the daytime sun, Le Jacaranda comes alive at night. The inviting dining room has a homely yet romantic feel, dim orangey light giving a candle-like glow to each table, crafty, colourful artwork lining the walls and even a brickwork fireplace to add to the homespun atmosphere. However, it���s the food which brings Le Jacaranda up a level to gastro-paradise. Chef de Cuisine Philippe Coustal uses his vast experience to create some of the loveliest French food you���re likely to taste outside of Gaul.
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had lunch in this restaurant which was close to our hotel when we wanted to have a little break during the sightseeing.
The place itself is nice and clean, the stafff was very polite, but they only speak French.It was ok for me, since I do too, but my boyfriend found it a little bit tiring to make himself understood.
Food was avarage but it was good value: we spent just 10 euros pp.

There are newer reviews for Le Jacaranda

Reviewed 3 January 2014

A good safe bet, nothing exceptional but everything well done, reasonable food and decent service. There are better places (at a higher price) close by.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband was made extremely ill by food from this place. If we'd been at home in UK, I'd have called Environmental Health & tried to get it shut down.

To add insult to injury, the food was only so-so & over-priced.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I heard so many good things about this restaurant, I was so disapointed about everything, the food, the ambiance the prices

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We ventured out of the old town area in the evening to explore the buzzing uptown development. This district is where the young, well to do want to be seen and enjoy the nightlife. The famous name restaurant chains are around here, we chose this one as it was individual, well presented and was hosting a busy clientele. The customers. I realised, were three european couples and a party of twenty retired folk from USA. The menu prices were four times what I had become used to in old town, but there was a fixed price option. For about ten pounds it included a Jacaranda special starter, chicken supreme mains and creme brulee desert. It reminded me of an english mid range restaurant from 1970. The starter was a vegetarian prawn cocktail. The main was a chicken breast on a bed of cold rice with a spoonful of chopped vegetables sprinkled on top and a coloured dust decoration around the edge of the plate. I requested the orange desert option, which was a traditional sliced oranges sprinkled with cinnamon and icing sugar. It was all adequately cooked as required and reasonably presented. But it was probably the dullest meal I have bought in thirty years. I declined the coffee and left much of the meal.