“Excellent casual Itallian”

Ristorante Italiano Casanova
Ranked #120 of 860 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$16 - US$38
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent casual Itallian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Sometimes you just need to keep it simple and go for great food, full of flavour and passion. Love this place, busy, informal, fun, al fresco in November, quality is excellent and the food easily matches any of it's kind that I have had on many trips to Italy (although I would probably rather be there!) By far the least expensive meal we had, yet ranking very highly simply because it was delicious and perfectly prepared and we had a great night. Highly recommended. The Sky Bar nearby is great to start the evening.

• Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
Brisbane
“Pizza oven from Naples it was amazing very traditional. Pasta home made also”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was one of the best meals we ate in Marrakech. It is in the new town which is about 10 minutes by taxi from the old town Roughly 60aud which is 6 euro same as airport to old town. Taxis only fit 3 people so if more 2 taxis are the best option. A private driver is $100dur each way. We ordered a parma ham pizza to share (sensational) and then we had bucatini armtriciana, spinach and ricotta ravioli in a tomato and basil sauce (both home made),grilled steak and vegetables and steak with herbs. Desert was chocolate pudding and apple tart which was so god we ate them even though we were so full. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Rough ost for 4 with drinks $160aud

• Visited November 2013
ottawa
“Nice change from tangine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

A variety of great pastas and pizzas at around 100DH a meal. Pasta dishes are quite large. They also serve other meals such as veal and seafood. The restaurant is licensed and wines are reasonably price at 200-400DH a bottle. A very welcome change from the ubiquitous tangine. Restaurant is usually quite full so reservations would be advised.

• Visited November 2013
Montreal, Canada
“True Italian-caliber pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We happened across this place accidentally in the afternoon and stopped to look at the menu (we had intentions of having pizza for supper after 2 weeks of tagine), and the owner approached us and said we should come back for dinner (which I'm aware is what he does to all who pass his door). My friend and I can be pizza "snobs", only enjoying traditional thin-crust, wood-fired true Italian pizza, so we were wary about finding such a pizza in Morocco. The owner showed us the wood-burning pizza oven that is as real-deal as it gets, could have been lifted right out of Naples. The restaurant also has the Italian Hospitality Seal of Quality, another good sign. We decided to return for dinner that night, and boy am I glad we did!

The garden courtyard is lovely, the wine list has some interesting Italian bottles and are given a bowl of olives, some bruschetta-like tomato topping, and a yummy spread with the bread basket (more good signs). Perusing the menu, I felt like I was back in Italy, or at one of the classic Italian restos back home. Homemade pastas and 2 and a half pages of pizza options (both classic toppings and interesting combos including halal options for sausage or ham) made it hard to choose. I settled on the Casanova 2, a pizza topped with mozzarella, prosciutto di Parma, arugula, and Brie. It was delicious! The size of the pizza is pretty enormous, I'd say 12 inches in diameter, but I polished it off happily. The winner for me was the crust: flavorful, very thin, but not soggy or flopping under the weight of the ingredients, not burnt nor floury (so no white podwery fingers). Often pizza crusts are neglected in favor of the toppings and are devoid of flavor, so I always enjoy and appreciate a crust that can hold its own. I could have used a touch more sauce, but there was a nice amount of cheese on my pizza, bubbly, gooey mozzarella with just a touch of saltiness. There wasn't very much brie, but the hits of it I did get were delicious and melded well with the rest of the flavours. The prosciutto was top-notch, lean, salty, not overly dry, and the arugula provided a welcome burst of freshness. A drizzle of spicy chili-infused oil brought the whole thing up a notch.

I would rate this pizza on par with what I've eaten in Naples, which is no small feat! I should have asked the owner if he has a Neapolitan pizzaiolo hiding in his kitchen, it was that good. He did pass our table quite often to welcome us and thank us for coming back. I imagine tons of people say they'll go but very few actually do, so the fact that we did seemed to make him very happy (and made me happy too as it was a great meal). The only critique I can make is that the service was a bit wishy-washy, we refilled our own wine glasses and had to search and wait for a waiter to pass by to ask for the bill. Otherwise, it's a lovely place to relax in the garden with a good glass of wine and great pizza with Italian classics playing in the background

• Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Pizza in the Land of Tangines and Couscous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

After days of tagines, couscous and brochettes, this high quality pizza was a great change for the family - especially our young kids.

• Visited October 2013