“Quite lovely”

Hotel Les Jardins de l'Agdal
Ranked #207 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Quite lovely western type hotel with nice local architecture, but with services that can envy from western hotels. The staff was not very fluent in English, and 9 out of 10 times our key cards were demagnetized, requiring a long walk to the reception...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Les Jardins de l'Agdal

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Overall a lovely hotel. Near the airport rather than the centre but only £5 into town.

A lovely Oasis. Lovely pool and spa.

Staff on front desk very rude, arguing with each other and messing about. Not what you expect from a five star and let's the place down.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My wife and I were moved to this hotel from another hotel because a large block booking meant we were over/double booked but that is an issue we have with the other hotel.
When we arrived we were not in the best frame of mind, a bit fed up to say the least.
We booked in, were taken to our room, told all about the place etc, no problems.
It was quite clear this was a very professional business, From start to finish I will give them
10 / 10. this is a French hotel from a french chain of hotels (FRAMISSIMA PREMIUM) I am so pleased we were moved.
The food was to a high standard with a good variety, hot and fresh, the pool was beautifully heated, clean and exactly like the pictures, I wish I was in it now. My wife had a massage and was throughly pleased, I did not go in the spa building but it seemed to be popular as plenty of people went in and out.
The rooms were a fair size, not suits, but more than just comfortable, the cleaning was perfect with little touches that made the difference.
Oh yes, there was no problem with access but the Grand Prix track goes around this hotel a long straight up along the front and the same at the rear (It will be dismantled). I dont think you will be able to book this hotel accidently on the Grand Prix weekend. The point I am making is this is the up and comming end of town, it will be the international zone and I am sure you will have to pay a premium in the future. I dont think the staff have ever heard a Grand Prix, I have never had one go past my front door. I will be watching and looking out for this Great Hotel. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: Look at this French chain of Hotels and maybe book direct, that is what I will be doing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 971RichardM971
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We booked a hotel in Marrakech and three days before arrival they emailed us to say they you'll no longer accommodate us, and had put us in this hotel as an alternative, maintaining the price we were given originally.

Slightly apprehensive having booked for five of us, and not given much option we arrived at Les Jardins de l'Agdal and it actually exceeded the hotel we had booked, which we had stayed in before. The staff are excellent, the rooms are amazing (we were given two even though we only booked one) and so have space, total comfort, relaxation and just love it.

The hotel is easily accessible to Marrakech city and the Atlas Mountains.

We definitely plan on returning to this hotel when as soon as we can.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank samgees
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I booked this holiday based on the reviews on this site my advice to others is don't.
We arrived at the hotel in the evening to be face with a demonstration outside as a number of staff were fired, as the taxi pulled in we were greeted by a security guard with a barking Doberman showing me his lovely teeth. On arrival to the reception it was dark the atmosphere was terrible and the lovely girl didn't speak English.
After unpacking we went down to dinner ,there was a reasonable choice but everything was Luke warm, we put it down to being a little late.
Following morning at breakfast we asked for coffee ,the choice was warm water from a thermos ,for tea I guess or warm coffee from a thermos, the waiter have really not grasped the concept that the water needs to be close to boiling to make tea as the second flask was just as cold, the food for breakfast reminded me of my hotel breakfast in Poland 20 years ago.
The Luke warm dinners continued all week, when questioned I was advised to use the microwave
The hotel and its staff especially the entertainers, the ground staff were perfect , cannot be faulted , the kitchen staff were terrible ,the food was atrocious , always Luke warm and many times badly Cooked if not raw. The reception staff were Stone age At best.
An isolated incident due the the. Chef being fired.maybe, 2 out of 3 of us had stomach issues , the thought of eating still makes us feel ill 2 days after our return .

Room Tip: Promotion rooms are generally ground floor and overlook nightclub and main road I would say noisey
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I stayed here in October 2012 for 4 nights and I truly enjoyed it. I checked in before the actual check-in time, there were no problems. The room was brilliant, I absolutely loved the shower and the bathroom. Pool area, gym, restaurants, entertainment - all excellent! The only problem is that staff doesnt really speak english (most people in Marrakech dont really speak english...) so it was quite hard trying to explain myself. And the only english channel you get is a news channel. The hotel has a free shuttle which can save you a lot of money eventually.
I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ritalumi
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The initial impressions of the hotel are fantastic - beautiful water features and detailing in the Moroccan zellige on the floor. The reception was a friendly but not overly quick to understand some booking issues we had.
The room was nicely decorated, with separate loo. The mini bar was empty, the pillows and duvet a bit lumpy, the rail for hanging clothes in the cupboard kept falling out with an almighty clatter. The television didn't work - only sound and no picture except for intermittent flashes. Friends in another room said their loo ran all night. Our key didn't work at the end of the day and we had to make 2 trips back to the reception who eventually sent us someone who opened the garden door and let us in that way.
At breakfast there was a good spread, but things that should have been hot were all cold and the wait to have eggs freshly cooked seemed interminable, not beacause there were too many guests but because the cook wasn't there initially and then could only deal with one order at a time.
Having said all that, we were there to attend a wedding. The meal, service and decorations at this private function were very good.

• Stayed: December 2012