“Cosy Buzzing Homely Fun!”
Review of Riad Andalla

Riad Andalla
Ranked #26 of 1,153 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Sheffield
“Cosy Buzzing Homely Fun!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Couldn't ask for a better introduction to Marrakech! Room was spot on, breakfast fab, recommendations were perfect!! Mint tea Super Duper! Location amazing!!!! we felt like it was or home! All staff were perfect! Top marks and big hugs to all x x x x cant wait to come back!

Room Tip: Our suite for 3 Bachacoma something!?! only had a window in the bathroom but it was still perfect!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank NaomiWoodruff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

It was a great pleasure to stay at the Riad Andalla, for anyone reading this.. i have never felt more welcome and at home, Christophe is fantastic host who will personally sit down with you and pass you his tailored recommendations, what to eat, but more importantly were.. everyone has heard of stomach issues from marrakesh.. but his tips couldnt have been better, a* :) As it was my 1st time in the medina, i was told what to do, what to look out for, what to see, just some gd advice, and i had a great time, also special note to the staff... so friendly.. and the tea, u cant beat it..i spent most of my time on the terrace reading in the afternoons, even though ur right above the square, u do feel a sense of distance and privacy. but the andalas location cannot be beaten, i went by myself for a weekend, and i came back in great spirits! shokran

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank korwin
Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Riad Andalla, it is in a fabulous location close to the Djema el Fna, with a fantastic roof terrrace which lets you look over the square but from the peace and quiet of the riad. It was a great spot for breakfast, and even better for the dinner we had the first night, and it was the best chicken tajine we had during our entire stay! Christophe and his team were excellent, giving some really good suggestions for places to eat, hamam and other useful tips (such as how much to pay for taxis). The rooms themselves are small (as is the nature of the type of accomodtion), however we were not expecting the type of accomodation you may get in a large hotel outside of the medina, we preferred the more authentic marrakechi experience. Would definately choose to stay here again if/when we visit Marrakech again.

1 Thank petpenguin
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We had a great stay at Riad Andalla, Christophe and his staff were fantastic hosts. The recomendations made by christophe were always spot on and he provided excellent local knowledge of all the best places to visit. The riad itself is in a great location but felt nicely distanced from the hussle and bussle of Djemaa el Fna. The terrace was a good place for breakfast and dinner was by far the best meal we had in Marrakech.

We will definitely be going back!

Dan & Jade

1 Thank Daniel H
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Riad Andalla offers authentically decorated rooms and a very nice view of the place Djemaa El Fna. The terrasse is definitely a highlight. The crew were always very friendly and helpful, giving useful tips and advices. We couldn't pick a better place for exploring Marrakech - being well located and at the same time having the possibility of escaping the hectic.

Many thanks to Christophe and his team - we come back ... inchallah.

1 Thank connor b
Ozamiz City, Philippines
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I & my friend are both happy & proud to be the first two filipinos to stay at RIAD ANDALLA & we are of course inviting more filipinos & tourist around the world to stay here because aside from the good location, you will also enjoy a good value of your money because the service is personalized & excellent!!! from the owners to the housekeepers.. they're all very friendly & nice making as feel we are home (away from home) Staying in Andalla is wonderful especially if you want to live like a moroccan & understand their culture. The Andalla is such a tranquil place with beautiful rooms (Thanks to the owners for upgrading us to a suite room) & my favorite part is waking up every morning having a breakfast at their panoramic terrace overlooking the treasures of the medina!!! Let me add that they serve a very good Morrocan dinner too.. so you can book ahead of time if you want to try their sumptous cuisine!! Enjoy Morocco & be sure to book at Riad Andalla!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

So I went to Marrakesh to propose to my girlfriend ( she said yes by the way so is now technically my fiancée ) . I had planned to go the Atlas mountains but before wanted to show her the hustle and bustle of the heart of Marrakesh . After reading reviews on here I chose the Andalla and boy was it the best choice I made. My job means I travel all around the world and I have stayed in a lot of hotels and I can pretty much afford to say anywhere I want. If you are looking for a Hilton or a marriot this is not it . This is far better. It’s a taste of an authentic Moroccan experience. First of all to get to the Riad you go through these winding side streets . ( our driver from the airport , arranged by the riad knew exactly where to take us ) . Felt like i was in an Indiana Jones movie . When we got to the hotel we were greeted by the owner Christoph. He was really friendly and made the place feel like home straight away. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated . Again this isnt a Hilton so no TV or marble floor, but it was clean and very chic and more than I hoped for. Christoph and Abdulla were great they knew all the best / safe places to eat and go. Walking with Christoph in the main square was like walking with a celeb . Everyone stopped to shake his hand or give him a cheeky salute. I definitely felt like I was connected. But the Pièce de résistance ( see my French is getting better Christoph :)) was the roof Terrace that over looked the Djemaâ el Fna: The view is breath-taking and gives the opportunity to take a step back and people watch without being in the mix. ( Check out pics on the website, it actually looks like the photo ) . Breakfast was great up on the terrace and the crepes and mint tea was amazing. ( Abdul the night watcher , made the best Mint tea I had in Marrakesh all week .. he had a special recipe only he knew . It was really addictive a must try if you stay there. ) All in all I would go back in a heart beat. We both missed the banter, views and hospitality we received at the Andalla after we left. If you have read this far down my review. My last bit of advice is to you is book now you won’t regret it . It’s my best find on Trip advisor so far. Thanks again Christoph and the rest of the staff, for a trip we won’t ever forget. See you for our 10 year anniversary .

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chems room. Having an exceptional view of the Koutoubia, bathed in warm orange and...