“Great value for money”

Riad Massin
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A great little place not too far from the city centre, near the local market. The rooms were clean, although a bit cold (but we were there in february, so I expected this) and staff was very friendly. Based on some of the reviews I was originally a bit worried as we were staying in the second building, not in the main one where reception is located, but it turned out to be actually even quieter, for which I was thankful. Overall I was really happy with my stay here.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

As it was so cheap we were not holding our expectations very high at all - but as soon as we arrived at the beautiful building, full of so much character and friendliness we were so happy we had chosen to stay here. we were in the building next door from the main block but it was just as beautiful! breakfast was great! the staff were beyond helpful! I would 100% stay here if I came back to Marrakech! Probably the best

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Riad Massin is in a spectacular location, right on the outskirts of the Medina. The staff here was extremely friendly, and they were always willing to provide advice and offer any help to make our stay better. Unfortunately, our sheets were definitely not changed from the previous guests, and that is just unacceptable. While the shower pressure was great, as was the hot water output, the shower curtain was very moldy and smelled awful. And we were given a towel with equal amounts of mold on it. I would definitely stay here again (esp. at 5 Euros/night/person) if it was ensured I could at least have a clean towel and bedsheets.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the main building, that would be most convenient for you, as we stayed next...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Great..lovely. ..friendly staff. I did book only for one night but I stayed in all 12 days afterward. The guy is called Ibrahim is helpful guy and so friendly. .and the girls in kitchen were sweet as well... I just felt like home be honest...definitely I'm back soon in future and stay with them again ;-)

Maj

• Stayed February 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The place is clean, well decorated, very cheap, and filled with friendly and helpful staff (I had visited a year before and upon returning Brahim recognised me and ran over to give me a hug and treated me as a long lost friend).

The showers seemed to have no problem with giving hot water. Both parts have areas for relaxing or chatting with the other guests either inside or on the roof terraces.

Location wise it is well balanced between the new and old towns making a 10 minute walk to either the main square in one direction or the train station in the opposite one.
Access from the airport is easy by taking the airport bus and getting off at Bab Doukkala, from where it is only a couple of minutes walk to the hostel (though down some alley ways so may be a little unnerving the first time especially at night).

For 5 euros a night you will be hard pressed to do much better.

Room Tip: Massin 2 only a few meters around the corner is quieter due to not having a social area of its own...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

This place is great! The staff is unbelievably nice. They even walked us to some places we needed to find and didn't ask for anything in return. The place is clean except for the bathroom a little bit but just wear sandals which is what you should do anyway in any hostel you stay at. Definitely recommend it. We also did the desert tour through them and it was great. Make sure you book and call them because hostelworld messed up the weekend I went and a lot of people that had a reservation weren't even on their system which is not their fault. Ask for Abraham ! He is so honest and genuinely nice !

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Riad Massin went from being a two-day stopover destination to becoming my home base in Morocco. I ended up staying there a total of two weeks, on and off. The short version is: Great People, Great Location, Great Price, Beautifully clean place. The details below:

1. Location is brilliantly well connected (next to a main bus station & a food market), easy to get to & 20min walk away from the main tourism area (which is a very good thing in Morocco).

2. Riad Massin's managers Brahim & Aziz and the girls who look after the place (Khadija, Fatima, Khadija 2) are the most caring wonderful people that will forever make me rave about Moroccans. They all would do everything to make life better for their guests. Moreover, stay there few days and you will soon be treated as family. I got sick and they looked after me as good as my own mother would :) they are what makes this hostel a great place & i hope the owners knows how lucky they are to have them,

3. The place is SO VERY CLEAN. Someone in a review below complained about cleanliness and bedbugs, I don't know how they could have experienced that. In my 2 weeks stay, I stayed in both the private rooms and the dorms in both buildings (because i was coming and going). In all cases, the linens were changed every time someone left but also, even for guests who are staying, linens were changed every 3 days, the beds were made every day, the bathrooms were cleaned EVERY DAY.

I was attending a conference and saw many colleagues' expensive hotel rooms that do not come anywhere near the cleanliness and the goodness of Riad Massin's hospitality. Want to experience Marrakech in all its glory? stay there :) & send my love to the family.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask the guys to place you in the second quieter house (right next to the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends