Riad Azoulay
US$178
  • Pool
US$138
US$104
All reviewsspice marketjewish quarterroyal suitecall to prayeroriental roommint teael badiitalian ownerbahia palacean oasisairport transferroof terracehammam and massagespent three nightssmall poolwooden doorthe staff were extremely helpful
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My stay at Riad Azoulay was more than I can express in words. The kindness and attentiveness of the staff, the cleanliness of the facility and the magical experience that was created each and every day for all of their guests. I felt more of a family environment than staying at a traditional hotel. Breakfast was served in the open courtyard where I met other guests from all around the world trading our stories on the "must see's" of Marrakech. The smells of fresh flowers, the sound of tranquil music, and the experience of eating traditional Moroccan food was always on display at the Riad. I will definitely be coming back to Riad Azoulay with my family because this experience was one that I want all of my loved ones to experience. It was truly a magical experience!
-Aminata, New York, NY

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed in three riads during our stay in Morocco and this was a firm favourite. The location is right on the edge of the spice souk and arriving at the Riad we were not prepared for the impact when the door opened - just like passing through the back of the wardrobe into Narnia! The staff were just lovely - attentive and friendly without being pushy, our suite luxurious and the food superb. The superb roof terrace affords great views and good stork spotting. Any return trip to Marrakech we would certainly look no further than Riad Azoulay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I escaped here after our wedding in October 2012 (please ignore chosen date of travel). A marvellous place, perfectly relaxing and a delight to be part of real Morroco. Staff, excellent and helpful and generous, particularly the night manager Rada. Owner Mass, superbly helpful, nothing was too much. Tucked away this is a real gem!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The staff at Riad Azoulay are attentive and very gracious. The riad is clean and fresh with lovely flowers placed through out the hotel. The scent that floats in the air is luscious. Azoulay feels more like visiting family that waits on your every need. Pleasing guests is their daily goal and I certainly experienced the result of that promise. I celebrated my 70th birthday at the Azoulay and was thrilled with the attention to my day! Sandro prepared for me a Risotto and Max made me a cake. It was delightful. So, go to Marrakech and stay at Riad Azoulay. It was a blissful time I will never forget. Most important too, I felt totally safe even at night walking through the Medina after Souks had closed their shops. Thanks Azoulay!

Room Tip: Be prepared to waken early for a few moments when the call to prayer is sung from next door Mask. I felt it to be comforting myself. I even recorded to play at home reminding me of the peace I felt each morning.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had originally booked another riad, but a fault on their booking system meant that they were double booked and so they booked us into Riad Azoulay instead. Initially I was disappointed at this, as I didn't like the look of it, but the website doesn't do it justice - it is lovely!

Do book the airport transfer (30 Euro return for 2 people) as you'll never find the place otherwise. Location is perhaps not the best, down a very 'real' street in the Mellah district, and you go through the spice souk to reach it. However, very conveniently place for the Badi And Bahia Palaces and Saadian Tombs, a 10 minute walk to the main square, and some nice restaurants and bars are close by.

The riad itself is cool, calm and tranquil. Rooms are well equipped and nicely decorated. Service is outstanding yet discreet.

Dining in the riad is worth it, and was our best meal in Marrakech. A selection of salads to start, a delicious meatball and fig tagine, chocolate cake. No choice, so if you don't like something or have any requirements then let them know in advance. 36 Euro/head, so not cheap, but delicious. Wine is available.

We had a hammam - a good black soap scrub and clay bake in a steamy room - good authentic experience but be aware that when the lady asks whether you want a massage afterwards it is an additional cost. However, hammam and half hour massage is 45 Euro, so pretty good value.

Overall, a really excellent riad in the approx £100/night price bracket. Yes there are more opulent places with proper restaurants and bars, but you will pay at least double the price for them.

Room Tip: Superior rooms re definitely worth the slight upgrade cost
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple