“Excellent central location for exploring the medina of Marrakesh!”
Review of Riad Amiris

Riad Amiris
Ranked #377 of 1,167 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed four nights in this riad, and I cannot fault it for anything. It's a beautiful building, with beautiful rooms. We stayed in two different ones, and yes, there was a bit of paint peeling off one of the bathroom walls (referring back to another review I read), but to be honest, I couldn't care less about peeling paint. The rooms were indeed serviced while we were staying (again referring to an earlier review), the showers were always hot, the breakfast in the courtyard was yummy and set us up for exploring Marrakesh! Also there are some birds nesting in the building which provide wonderful breakfast entertainment. The roof terrace is comfy and beautiful and the perfect place to relax after hiking in the Atlas.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Not all of them are English-speaking, but there are definitely staff there who do (again in reply to an earlier review). With everybody else, a bit of basic French and smiles sort out any language barrier. Staff were always at hand when we needed anything and always with a welcoming smile.
The only thing that didn't work out during our stay was the airport pickup, but this was a general problem on the day and I wouldn't want to fault the riad team for this.
This place is excellent value for money and I would book there again - also for its superb location right around the corner from the Djeema el Fna. (Which means that you might be woken up by the early morning call to prayer - personally this is beautiful in itself and a small price to pay).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank monnipenny76

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Lionel, Saleema and Racheed were excellent hosts and made us feel like royalty! Their commitment to your comfort is truly exceptional!!! We arrived as clients and quickly felt as we were family!!! Riad Amiris itself is in a great location...very close to all of the action! The room that we stayed was super elegant..it felt like a honeymoon suite. You also have access to the rooftop which had a nice sitting area to see old Marakech during breathtaking sunsets. Not only does this Riad serve a superb breakfast, but the portions are very, very generous. We can't wait to have the opportunity to comeback to see these amazing people and the beautiful Riad Amiris again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OurAventura
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The room was beautiful The location perfect for getting to museums and to the square. The breakfast was great, and with the best coffee I've had in Morocco. Bed, a double, very comfy. The Madame who takes care of the Riad was friendly and gracious. If speaking English is important to you, none of the staff here speak English.

This spot was a little noisy with music blasting at times even when there were no incoming guests. --And some smoking in what was supposed to be a non-smoking property. I spoke with the Madame at one point to turn music down that other guests were blasting and she did so quickly.

We booked trip through the Riad and it was a complete rip off. I thought the Riad would want to take care of its reputation with clients, but the agent that they said was the Riad agent completely overcharged us and lied about what the trip would entail. He also promised everyone would speak English for my friend who does not speak French and was feeling overwhelmed. No one did. We arrived so very late (our driver made deliveries!) at the site of the camels that the sun had just about set on our "1 1/2hr" ride through the desert, which ended up being a short walk on the highway to the camp, not even on the sand. I won't go on. Check every aspect of your trip before you go. Get it in writing. Check prices at real travel centers, not your Riad.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank eyecsay
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Like the word says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_riad). this is the perfect way to expirience Maroco!! Located only 1 minute walking to Jemaa el Fna where all the action takes place and only 20 minutes walking to the "new" Marrakech centre. Eventough it was near the very busy square we did not have any hassle with noise but really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere inside. You will find a CarreFour supermarket in 30 minutes walking where you can even buy alcohol (which is ofcourse not allowed in an islamic country).

We did not expect any luxury but everything we needed was there; good local breakfast, traditional diner on request, a good shower, airconditioning, a very nice bed, a place to chill out both inside aswel as on the roof and wifi. They could even arrange a very nice bottle of local Rose. However their hospitality topped everything!! Fati and her Mother should be conciddered an example when it comes to service and hospitality. They arranged fabulous trips for us that we will NEVER EVER forget!! They invited tourguides to tell us about the trip we would like to take. They work very hard and keep smiling eventough they had very little sleep during the 6 days we spent there.

Their prices were perfect for us, we got the feeling they gave us a lot of discount when we paid upon departure.

If I ever go to Maroco again then Riad Amiris will be the first to contact!

And should you choose to stay here. You are crazy if you do not book the Zagora trip (very long drive though the beautiful Atlas Mountains but absolutely worth it). We rode on a camel in the Sahara Dessert and spend the night in a Nomad Berber tent to see the sunset.

I'm allready missing Marocco :-)

Lots of love Dani (Hogendoorn Group)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This is a good place to stay for a few days if you are visiting Marrakech. It is very close to where you really need to be. If you are going in winter, be aware that water in showers from our experience was always cold; plumbing problems; the Riaf did not feel like a comfortable place to be after a long day sightseeing. It is however a beautiful Riad.

We had an issue with the travel agency we booked through paying the balance for a 2 week stay, and the owner rather than dealing with this himself, despite us presenting confirmation of full booking and payment, left it to us the guests to deal with it and insisted we cannot check out. It was a significant amount covering 2 weeks so did not want to pay it twice. It got sorted by us calling the travel agency back home. This should have been the owner's problem with the agency. it is best to pay hotel directly from my experience. They do not deal with agencies well.

If you order dinner there, it is great. Breakfast was ok but nothing special.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Eley77
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My wife and I enjoyed 5 wonderful nights in the 'birds' room of the riad. In spite of a bit of a heat wave the air conditioning kept our room comfortable. The special service that Rhadija and Fabienne offered when we had a small personal emergency turned a trip threatening experience into a vacation memory. The atmosphere is calm and peaceful and provides a wonderful respite from the hectic pace of the medina and Jemaa El Fna. The terrace is a great place to enjoy a glass of wine before resting up for the rigors of the activities in the nearby square.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this riad for 4 days. Khadiaja and Fatima have been extremely helpful and polite. They always tried their best to accommodate our requests and give us advice. They helped us with directions, shopping advice, sightseing info.. Something needed fixing in the shower and was fixed within 10 minutes.
Khadiaja also taught me how to cook morrocan food and gave me tips on tajines! DInner was fantastic, hearty tasty and traditional. I would definately recommend dinner for all visitors. Candlelit dinner was very romantic and atmospheric too.
Practically talking, the rooms are of a good size, are clean and water was always warm. Linen was very clean as well. Decoration was traditional. I loved how we had little windows facing at the courtyeard. The riad was always cooler and quieter than the outside. It is a great place to relax too and plan the day ahead with lots of guide books. It is conveniently located just 5 minutes from Jamma el Fna Also, even though it was unusual for us, the rooms do not have locks or keys. At first i felt a bit insecure, but i soon realised that all my stuff was safer in there than in my own home! Eventually this made me feel as if I was part of the family. Plus it was a great way to experience morrocan culture (architecture, decor, traditions)
Overall, to be honest I do not understand why some people rated this riad negatively. Yes, it is not the sheraton. Hospitality is much more important than a shiny staircase for me, so I definately rate it higher than any other hotel i have visited, even some 5 star ones. Of course I would definitely visit again.
My love and best wishes to Khadiaja and Fatima!:)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple