“Excellent Riad, booked for aunty and plan to go myself with my husband”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Riad Amiris

Riad Amiris
Ranked #325 of 1,130 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Riad, booked for aunty and plan to go myself with my husband”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my aunty as I booked 2 nights in this Riad for her 50th birthday.
Firstly Salima at the Riad was so helpful to me by email, she arranged to get my aunty picked up at the airport, she put fresh flowers in her bedroom and I also asked for chocolates and wine to be put in her bedroom which Salima sorted out no problem at all.
My aunty said the Riad was gorgeous, very clean, decorated beautifully and she loved it so much she ended up staying an extra night.
I plan to go back to this Riad myself with my husband this year.
Thank you Salima for all your help, my aunty had a wonderful time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We chose this riad based on the previous positive reviews and it certainly lived up to our expectations.

I've never stayed anywhere where the hosts made such a commitment to ensuring we were happy with every aspect of our trip. There are only six rooms in the hotel, the two that we saw were beautifully decorated.They gave us an option of which we'd like to have.

Our french wasn't great, but fortunately Salima was on hand to answer any of our questions. She recommended excellent restaurants and bars. She was also more than happy to confirm our quadbiking tour with the operators after I'd made an appointment in broken french the day before.

Should also mention the breakfasts were fantastic. We were served whenever we work up and we could eat in the courtyard or on the idillic terrace.

Staying at Rhiad Amiris felt more like at a relative's house rather than a hotel, such was their fantastic hospitality.

• Stayed December 2013
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

A wonderful small Riad located just a short shop lined walk to the main square and souks yet despite location once inside it's an oasis of peace and tranquility
A beautiful morrocan Riad with six indivdual decorated rooms
a warm charming greeting for excellent staff nothing is too much trouble
Breakfast is simple but enough to send you on your way shopping and site seeing
Well worth a stay you won't be disappointed

• Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed four nights in this riad, and I cannot fault it for anything. It's a beautiful building, with beautiful rooms. We stayed in two different ones, and yes, there was a bit of paint peeling off one of the bathroom walls (referring back to another review I read), but to be honest, I couldn't care less about peeling paint. The rooms were indeed serviced while we were staying (again referring to an earlier review), the showers were always hot, the breakfast in the courtyard was yummy and set us up for exploring Marrakesh! Also there are some birds nesting in the building which provide wonderful breakfast entertainment. The roof terrace is comfy and beautiful and the perfect place to relax after hiking in the Atlas.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Not all of them are English-speaking, but there are definitely staff there who do (again in reply to an earlier review). With everybody else, a bit of basic French and smiles sort out any language barrier. Staff were always at hand when we needed anything and always with a welcoming smile.
The only thing that didn't work out during our stay was the airport pickup, but this was a general problem on the day and I wouldn't want to fault the riad team for this.
This place is excellent value for money and I would book there again - also for its superb location right around the corner from the Djeema el Fna. (Which means that you might be woken up by the early morning call to prayer - personally this is beautiful in itself and a small price to pay).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank monnipenny76
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Lionel, Saleema and Racheed were excellent hosts and made us feel like royalty! Their commitment to your comfort is truly exceptional!!! We arrived as clients and quickly felt as we were family!!! Riad Amiris itself is in a great location...very close to all of the action! The room that we stayed was super elegant..it felt like a honeymoon suite. You also have access to the rooftop which had a nice sitting area to see old Marakech during breathtaking sunsets. Not only does this Riad serve a superb breakfast, but the portions are very, very generous. We can't wait to have the opportunity to comeback to see these amazing people and the beautiful Riad Amiris again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OurAventura
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

The room was beautiful The location perfect for getting to museums and to the square. The breakfast was great, and with the best coffee I've had in Morocco. Bed, a double, very comfy. The Madame who takes care of the Riad was friendly and gracious. If speaking English is important to you, none of the staff here speak English.

This spot was a little noisy with music blasting at times even when there were no incoming guests. --And some smoking in what was supposed to be a non-smoking property. I spoke with the Madame at one point to turn music down that other guests were blasting and she did so quickly.

We booked trip through the Riad and it was a complete rip off. I thought the Riad would want to take care of its reputation with clients, but the agent that they said was the Riad agent completely overcharged us and lied about what the trip would entail. He also promised everyone would speak English for my friend who does not speak French and was feeling overwhelmed. No one did. We arrived so very late (our driver made deliveries!) at the site of the camels that the sun had just about set on our "1 1/2hr" ride through the desert, which ended up being a short walk on the highway to the camp, not even on the sand. I won't go on. Check every aspect of your trip before you go. Get it in writing. Check prices at real travel centers, not your Riad.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank eyecsay
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

Like the word says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_riad). this is the perfect way to expirience Maroco!! Located only 1 minute walking to Jemaa el Fna where all the action takes place and only 20 minutes walking to the "new" Marrakech centre. Eventough it was near the very busy square we did not have any hassle with noise but really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere inside. You will find a CarreFour supermarket in 30 minutes walking where you can even buy alcohol (which is ofcourse not allowed in an islamic country).

We did not expect any luxury but everything we needed was there; good local breakfast, traditional diner on request, a good shower, airconditioning, a very nice bed, a place to chill out both inside aswel as on the roof and wifi. They could even arrange a very nice bottle of local Rose. However their hospitality topped everything!! Fati and her Mother should be conciddered an example when it comes to service and hospitality. They arranged fabulous trips for us that we will NEVER EVER forget!! They invited tourguides to tell us about the trip we would like to take. They work very hard and keep smiling eventough they had very little sleep during the 6 days we spent there.

Their prices were perfect for us, we got the feeling they gave us a lot of discount when we paid upon departure.

If I ever go to Maroco again then Riad Amiris will be the first to contact!

And should you choose to stay here. You are crazy if you do not book the Zagora trip (very long drive though the beautiful Atlas Mountains but absolutely worth it). We rode on a camel in the Sahara Dessert and spend the night in a Nomad Berber tent to see the sunset.

I'm allready missing Marocco :-)

Lots of love Dani (Hogendoorn Group)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends