“DAGMARA, DAGMARA, DAGMARA!”
Review of Riad Suliman

Riad Suliman
Ranked #156 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 3 October 2013

First of all, I would like to apologize for my VERY late review! I stayed at this wonderful house in March, and everything in my stay was fabulous. Dagmara, the owner of this small yet beautiful house, was the star of my 10 day trip!

I traveled solo, like most of my trips for the past 3 years, and I did not feel like I was alone what-so-ever! She took me to the souk, we walked around and started introducing me to her friends that worked in the different shops. She sat with me till late at night drinking tea and began discussing the world-It was like I've known her for years! But most importantly, she took me to see the monkeys in Sahat El Fna even though she was scared of them! Good days.

It's like I have another house in the best place in Morocco! Dagmara and her amazing staff did not make me feel like a resident traveling in a country I knew nothing about. I felt like I was sitting in my living room everytime I asked Mohammed (bellboy) and one of the Khadijas (there were two) to prepare me some Moroccan tea!

Food? never worry about that when Dagmara is supervising and looking into every detail! Ask for dinner at the terrace, and enjoy all the tiny salads and amazing couscous! Craving pigeon tajine? What? Dagmara doesn't have that in the fridge? No worries! Dagmara will go to the souk, buy the pigeons, get them slaughtered, and prepare them for you when you for when you desire.

Breakfast was just perfect. They had something everyday; from all the different types of breads, colorful jams, and eggs as you want them. You may feel like this is becoming just about Dagmara, but Dagmara is Polish. I wanted to try some Polish breakfast, so guess what I had? Polish breeakfast! Just when she knew how much I loved hot chocolate to be served while having breakfast, she couldn't just serve me one og the cheap powder products from the markets, no! She went and served me some of the little Polish chocolate powder her father got her when he visited. Talk about generosity, thank you Dagmara.

Also, she arranged all my trips from and to the Atlas, all my restaurant reservations (they were all exceptionally fantastic), spa appointments (even though they have a hammam and a massage bed-this is what ! mean when I say I felt like i was part of the family. Your family will not manipulate you into using their spa just to suck off your money, but will give you better alternatives!), pool reservations at different hotels and clubs, got me a private car witha a chauffeur for my whole stay (which was so cheap you wouldn't believe it), and many many things .

Before knowing how amazing this place was, I had already booked my stay at a different riad (supposed to be one of the top in Marrakech) just after my stay at Riad Suliman to "experience more in Marraakech". I regretted it so much. Why would someone leave a cozy, loving household and just go somehwere big and cold?

3 weeks ago, I was in Rabat, Meknes, and Fes- THEY WERE ALL MISSING DAGMARA! The Dagmara touch wasn't there, and so was the kind soul of Morocco. Everytime I tried a new riad in one of the cities I visited, I was saddened because I couldn't go back to marrakech and just stay at my house there.

Thank you Dagmara for everything. Send my regards to little Suliman (the house cat) and I might bring my sister and friends back in a week or two!

Fawwaz

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank FawwazK
dagusia_6, Owner at Riad Suliman, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Fawaz! Thank you fro the bottom of my heart for those kind words! We also really enjoyed having you here and to be honest I was quiet upset with you that you didn't write anything to let us know how are u doing any sooner! We talk about you a lt and I always think about your visit when I look at those nice plates that you have offered for us! I really hope that you are gonna be able to come again and that we will have a chance to meet your sister!
Warm regards from all of us!
Dagmara

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Me and my partner had booked to stay at the Riad Suliman for 4 nights 17th September - 21st September. Before arriving I received an email asking us to switch hotels as they had received a large booking, we said yes, although extremely hesitant.

We arrived at Riad Suliman and spoke to Dagmara who advised us that even though we will not be staying in that Riad, that we were her guests and be treated as such, and that we were.

Dagmara put us into another Riad, which was footsteps away from Riad Suliman.

When not out exploring Marrakech we spent most of our time at Riad Suliman, and always felt welcome.

The Riad is beautifully decorated, as soon as you enter you get the Moroccan vibe. We spent most of our time up on the roof terrace, which I fell in love with instantly! and the chandlers, love the chandlers!!

I can not thank Dagmara, Mateusz, Mohammed and everyone at the Riad Suliman enough as they really did make our entire stay. From sorting out excursions, arranging dinners (and the dinners were amazing!!), to organising a room for us on our last day as our flight was not until 8.30pm, nothing was ever too much.

I have never felt as welcome as what we did at Riad Suliman and really can not speak highly enough of them. We will have to go back to Marrakech one day to actually stay in the Riad!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Zoe O
dagusia_6, Owner at Riad Suliman, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Zoe! Thank you so much for such a nice review! We really enjoyed having you here, even if it was just during the day! We are looking forward having you here again! Warm regards from Marrakech
Dagmara

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Had a lovely 4 days at this Riad. Big thank you to Dagmara and her team for being so helpful. Nothing is too much trouble and we really enjoyed our little break here. Riad is in the perfect location within the medina for exploring, lovely terrace for chilling out, loved our Turquoise room... bathroom was beautiful. Hamman was excellent, fantastic breakfast & dinner too. Dagmara's advice and knowledge of area is amazing and great for us 1st time visitors to Marrakech. Thank you again and we definitely will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stacey c
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My staying at Riad Suliman was the best choice i could make. First of all i didn't know what to expect due to the fact that the owner is not an arabic person (info from different reviews). I thought Riad will be not authentic, bereft of charm traditional houses made this way. Anyway the culture she mixed in the Riad makes this place special and individual. I was welcomed by a mint tea just after i arrived, all of the stuff traded me as a part of "the family" during my staying. Big plus for that! and other big plus for localization, from the terrace you can see amazing palace Bahia

The room i got was quite big, very clean with Moroccan details around and amazing bathroom made from special kind of structure (i dont remember the name). Anyway 5 starts its not enough, i could give more!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

What a find! The owner and her staff were extremely caring and helpful. We came and went as we liked and felt like nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are spacious, beautifully styled and well equipped. The location is perfect, a short walk took us to the shopping area of Riad Zitoun and through to the Jmaa el fna. I visit Marrakech frequently and this is one of the best places i have found.
A word of warning - Marrakech taxi drivers are unscrupulous! I noticed an unfavourable review of this riad on the booking.com site (it really stood out against all the other high-scoring reviews), the poor family were probably victims of a driver who wanted to take them to a riad where he gets a commission....a well known scam

Room Tip: sorry, I didn't use a fitness centre or spa but didn't want to give a low rating. I saw 2 o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I spent the best week in my whole life in Riad Suliman. once you arrive to it you will be received by a worm smile from the Riad staff, who are very kind and have very good experience in the field, all of them speak more than two languages, and feel happy to provide the best service to you,.

The Riad has a unique Moroccan style that makes it like no other, comfortable rooms, delicious food and amazing location, by time I felt like I'm home, we spent nights chating with the Riad Suliman family and getting to one another, and every time I go out to see Marrakech, they provide me with very useful advices about where to go, prices etc.
now I'm planning to back to Marrakech and live in the Riad Suliman again, especially I'm now a friend with all the gays there.

Riad Suliman is the best place to live in when you are in Morocco.

Faraj AlJarih

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FarajAlJarih
dagusia_6, Owner at Riad Suliman, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you Faraj for posting such a nice review. We loved having you here and we will be more than proud if you would chose our Riad for you next holiday! Hope to see you soon! Warm regards from Marrakech

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights which happened to fall at the end of Ramadan. Dagmar is very helpful, speaks great English and is happy to help with any arrangements. The Riad is perfectly located for seeing all of the city sights. The rooms are very authentic, have air conditioning and are kept very clean. It has a great roof terrace for sitting to soak up the sun and an honesty bar. The breakfast was good and different every day. The word of caution is the transport which can be arranged, it is very comfortable and easy to book and use but costs twice as much as local taxi's, however for ease of use and peace of mind it is a great service. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone travelling to Marrakech.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple