Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$85
Palmeraie Palace(Marrakech)
US$217
US$212
US$352
Kasbah Le Mirage(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$89
US$85
  • Breakfast included
2,062 results
All reviewspool areabreakfast buffetjunior suitebeautiful hotelspecial thanksatlas mountainsla mamouniamint teaconciergepoolsloungeredaazizaguidesquareculturedesert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2014

A lovely hotel in an excellent location, within walking distance of the old town and the bustling market square and souks. The spa is also fab with a lovely quiet pool area, the best pedicure I've had for a while. Tried all of the restaurants and all served great food, particularly the traditional Moroccan restaurant where both the food and service were excellent. What let this hotel down was the extremely poor service at breakfast and around the pool. I think that quite a few of the reviews for this hotel are fake - staff have no interest in serving you at breakfast, you have to ask repeatedly for tea/coffee and cutlery/crockery, the only thing that is done efficiently is the clearing of tables. A lot of the waiting staff in the pool area stand around talking to each other (except when a manager appears) and ignore you or walk away when you call them to order food, etc. My husband went and asked one of them for a menu one day and they directed him to the outdoor restaurant area. My teenage children went to the pool on their own one day and asked repeatedly for towels and were ignored, eventually a man on the next door lounger intervened and towels were provided. Twice we arrived back from a day sight seeing (around 15:00) and were told that there were no towels left! All in all fab food, fab location, but EXTREMELY poor service around the pool and at breakfast. I should mention that there was one afternoon when the service was what you would expect - as a group of men in suits moved around the pool area, obviously inspecting and discussing the hotel. A great shame that they weren't there for the entire week!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool / garden room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy10975
Ahmed B, Directeur général at Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear guest,

First of all i would like to thank you for your coment regarding our hotel especially the spa services wich you had apreciated.

However I am really sorry that the breakfast service did not make your expectations, please accept my sinceer apology.

Ahmed Benkirane,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Deducting a rating point for poor wifi in such a beautiful hotel is not something I am proud of. Unfortunately the fact of it is that when I am travelling I need to be able to stay connected for both personal and business. The wifi at the Sofitel is bad, and I mean really bad, to the point at which it is unusable 9-5. It seems to be a capacity issue, so easily fixed by management spending some $$.

Other than this, the hotel is great. A little on the expensive side, but what I was expecting.

Will be back next year, and bringing a 4G sim with me.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed 10nights at Sofitel Imperial Palace,we have been treated like queens ( 3 girls)
the staff was so kind and helpfull, Khaoula our butler was great! Breakfast staff was amazing especially Farah/ Nawfal & Adil. Thank you all for taking good care of me and my 2 friends.
Everything was just great, nothing to complain about.

keep up the good work.

Hanan

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for several nights upon our arrival in Morocco at the end of April beginning of May.
It is a spacious hotel with a large courtyard and 2 lovely pools. The courtyard is surrounded by beautiful Bougainvillea’s cascading off the balconies and lots of pool chairs. It truly is a wonderful way to relax after your day of exploring.
The rooms are a little bit older but they where doing some upgrades while we where there.
We found the staff at the pool and the restaurants very attentive, which made our stay most memorable. It is very close to the airport and the famous Medina of Marrakesh. It’s close enough that you can catch a horse drawn carriage to take you there!
The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful with all our plans and arranged the most excellent guide to take us through the Medina!
We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: An upper room is wonderful for couples who want a balcony with a view, and a ground floor with families with children, who could play on the grass.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed in quite a few sofitels around the world but I'm sorry to say this one isn't their best.
The arrival, check in, the hotel and the rooms where all fine and we were made very welcome.The location is excellent, just a 15 min walk to the Marrakech square.
I feel that for a five star hotel it lacked in service quality and attentiveness. For the prices the hotel demands the service should be better.
It's wrong that I always felt I was chasing them to get served anywhere in the complex.
A meal in their special Sol Resteraunt was a disaster, from arrival to main course was just short of two hours ( 50 minutes between the end of starter before the main). Numerous requests to find out were the food was, spotted the chef and asked him to sort. It then arrived and was cold and bland, lots of apologises from three individual managers but no actual action except join us for a drink tomorrow! Reported this to the reception and received yet another apology.
Requested a drink at the pool after a day trip! Not a big request but the staff forgot and I end up chasing for service to get a beer. From initial request to actually get the beer was 20 minutes.
A visit to the reception bar was not a lot better, I actually walked to the staff requested a drink and demonstrated where I was seated. I left 15 minutes later still thirsty without the drink.
Maybe I should have a drink from the mini bar, I did three days ago and I'm still awaiting a refill.
A visit through reception to inform them of the problems, resulted in another apology and a brief meeting with the customer relations manager, she again apologised on behalf of the hotel.
You must also be aware of the "special Atlas mountain trip". A very expensive drive to the mountains and a vist to an inferior souvenir shop, a visit to a "real" Berber village who will sell you argon oil at inflated prices. The drive then proceeds up to the special waterfall. The car parks, and then the walk begins. We are a reasonably fit couple in our 50's shod in sandals and flip flops and where requested to make a kilometre climb that seriously a mountain goat would have struggled with. Not a path but actually climbing! My wife was unable to proceed and had to wait at the half way point, I succeeded in finishing but it really wasn't worth the effort,it most certainly wasn't what was being sold. On our return it was commented on, by the customer relations manager, that we should have worn trainers, if we'd known, then we may have reevaluated the trip! You tend to trust the concierge in a hotel of this quality.
As for the pool area, which had a nice ambience had problems. I thought I was passed leaving towels out before breakfast! If a bed wasn't reserved before 9.00 then forget it. It was all the more frustrating to see so many beds unoccupied for such long periods during the day. Guest arriving mid afternoon to claim their spot. Surely the management need to step in to stop this abuse. Maybe, a two hour window that if a bed was not used for this period it was passed on to other clients of the hotel. There were occasions when towels were unavailable for guests at 4.00pm. Surely not something that should happen at a five star hotel.
Overall I enjoyed my break here at the sofitel in marrakech, it such a pity that they let themselves and the hotel down too often. Five star prices should be reflected with five star service.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple