“Perfect choice for 1st Marrakech visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Adama Resort
Ranked #221 of 1,177 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect choice for 1st Marrakech visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The initial reviews prompted me to book the Adama Resort for our first trip to Morocco, but since booking our holiday the more recent reviews left me a bit apprehensive. Upon our night time arrival at the Adama we were welcomed by the friendly reception staff who took our baggage and explained the necessaries free shuttle times etc. The villas are a must see beyond spacious, clean and well presented and more importantly best wifi connection I've experienced abroad. Breakfast could be improved cold sliced meats, croissants fruit and cereal (very limited). The resort grounds were very impressive, well kept and maintained throughout. Lunch and evening meals were to a good standard, poolside service was excellent as we never needed to move the restaurant staff were very tentative, anything we needed they were on hand to provide. Spa service was good, overall a very pleasant experience and would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Renee H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I've just come back from this hotel for my friends 40th. I stayed for 4 days they stayed for a week.

Food is shockingly bad, service is absolutely appalling!

Villa was beautiful , grounds & location it was cheap in taxis to get to places.

They really need to sort things out though such a shame as it could be something very special.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lancelot111
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Returned from the Adama yesterday after spending 4 nights there. Accomodation as described by Jeanette. Great value for money having booked with Travelzoo with lots of extras. We were lucky enough to stay in accommodation overlooking the pool with the restaurant and bar only a few metres away. Quiet, loads of space, clean and pretty with beautiful immaculate gardens. Excellent Spa. Food (although not a massive choice) very good. Service excellent too. A few plumbing problems (we were in Morocco) which were dealt with immediately. Best of all was the free shuttle service to the Medina. Perfect for a short break. I would reiterate most of what Jeanette K found, especially with regards to the transport/airport. If I have to find fault it would be with the pool, the water was just too cold and took the pleasure out of take a dip and although we didn't find it too much of a problem we were right in the flight path of the airport. Having said that, can't wait to return. Would thoroughly recommend the Adama if you are looking for quiet, small and peaceful accomodation

Room Tip: Rooms 2 to 5 to be overlooking the pool and nearest to the restaurant but nowhere is very far. The o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 1951jmwyatt
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked this hotel though flash sale on their website. I did two consecutive bookings of three days each about two months in advance. Got the confirmation email but got charged for only one three day booking as seen in my bank statement. Wasn't sure whether the hotel had received my 2nd bookings I decided to email them and also later called them. Initially they couldn't locate any bookings but later about a week before travelled I again called them and they confirmed one of the bookings the one dated earlier and said I had no other bookings. Since I wasn't charged and the staff didn't confirm my latter booking I decided to make alternative arrangement to visit the desert for the next three days.

My package included airport transfer. I expected them to contact me to ask my flight details so that they could arrange the transport. Finally when 3-4 days were left I myself emailed them telling them my flight details and asking them to confirm whether the arrangement will be made for the transfer. They confirmed that arrangement for transfer will be made. Upon my arrival to marrakech airport there was no one. I called the hotel asking about the transfer. They asked my reservation detail then said you didn't send any flight details so please take a taxi and come to hotel. I got angry with them over the phone telling them about their confirmation of transfer so they finally sent a transfer vehicle.

Upon checkin the receptionist asked for my card for keeping deposit. What deposit I asked telling them that I had already paid for my stay. The receptionist was a bit reluctant to accept this fact then said I will talk to manager. After taking the welcome tea I came back to the receptionist who by now had found my two reservation done through flash sale and told me that the system had charged only one of the bookings which was the 2nd of the two bookings and that I still had to pay for the first bookings. This is not what you told me a week ago over the phone which was u confirmed first booking with no sign on the 2nd one. The next day I met the manager explaining there have been a series of mishaps and incorrect claims which made things very difficult for a traveling from far to make concrete plans. The stubborn manager refused to accept any mistakes and simply said we have now charged you for the second bookings as well. By now couldn't cancel some of my reservations en route to the desert and was to be charged for those.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BilalAK
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had a great stay at the adama resort.the accommodation is second to none,with fully equipped kitchen,dining area and lounge.with an upstairs bedroom ,bathroom,and balcony.there is also a downstairs shower room and private garden with chairs,table,parasol and loungers.it was a welcome relief to return to the peace and tranquility of this hotel after the frenetic medina and souks in Marrakech.ensure that you clarify where the free shuttle bus is to pick you up for the return journey,we were left to pick up an expensive taxi,as we missed the correct location due to lack of miscommunication,and also try and get there a few minutes before the stated times,as young hotel driver very hasty,and set of earlier than time stated.Food was good,staff were very helpful in general,special mention for Badr in the restaurant,who ensured I always had my 'english'tea,and went the extra mile in good service.Do not expect the plumbing to be of British standards,it is very temperamental,but any problems are immediately tackled when reported,although perhaps not always resolved.All in all I can thoroughly recommend this hotel,as a place of good value,with spacious,clean modern accommodation.A big thank you to Fleetway travel,who organised this trip,excellent value for money,and comprehensive service.
Just a slight niggle,upon arriving at Marrakech airport,there is always a huge delay,with mile long queues to get through passport control because of laborious immigration form system,which adds at least 2 hours onto the process of exiting the airport?Thus transfer transport had gone,some people had to pay inflated airport taxi to respective hotel,we fortunately contacted Adama who duly sent transport even tho it was very late.Unfortunately the restaurant,although still open would provide food,as it was due to close[perhaps would cup had influence on this decision)It was 10.30pm and two very tired non football fans,had rumbling tums all night having not eaten for several hours.Even a bit of cheese and bread would have gone a long way,but manager was adamant no food could be provided,he was the exception in what otherwise was brilliant staff who aimed to please.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Collected from the airport via hotel transport......... Reception........welcoming.... Waiting staff in particular Badr excellent so attentive and works hard. Accommodation... peaceful location....... moroccan detail.... individual villas....some with gardens some with roof terraces....... Spa location..... relaxing with its own andalucian pool. Local concierge..... arranged a day tour ..... The hotel resort is located outside of the city -- free shuttle return every day ... upgrade the shower systems and it would be ideal...

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool have gardens .......... with private sunbeds.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JaneatRiva
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This place could be perfect with some simple improvements. Firstly as previous reviews have stated the breakfast is bad. Very bad. Very little choice and stone cold eggs and potatoes every day for a week. Except for our last day where because there were few people there was no buffet and they were cooking fresh to order, if they did this every day it would be ok. The resort is beautiful and the staff are very good, in particular badr in the restaurant, he's a great guy. The evening meals are good although very little choice for someone staying 7 days, one evening the food made me ill due to out of date chicken used in the salad, I said to my wife it must be the chefs night off as the rest of the food was cooked badly and had to send food back for being cold in the middle, so we asked, and it was. So maybe a little staff training would be good. Also it's expensive for drinks and a few other items. For example, on the day I was sick due to the chicken the night before, badr very kindly made me a herbal drink to settle my stomach and asked if I would like anything to eat, I replied just a little bit of fruit, he said no problem , leave it with me, I thought that was very nice of him and ten mins later a platter of Apple and melon was put in front of myself and my wife. We also asked for some water. He obliged. He then placed a bill in front of us, the fruit was the equivalent of £11! And £2 for the water. Fruit is included in the breakfast only 1 hour earlier which I couldn't make due to being sick! Maybe not so generous! Apart from these issues the villas are amazing (although a few maintenance problems such as 11 bulbs needed replacing, taps temperamental and toilet flush not working ) and the resort is so peaceful and beautiful. A few improvements to be made and I would return

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple