“Wonderful Experience, Very Relaxing”

Les Bains de l'Alhambra
Ranked #19 of 104 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience, Very Relaxing”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

After a long and tiring day exploring the Souk, this is just what we needed to unwind. We were greeted by warm and friendly staff and this was the case for the entire experience. We went during the evening when it was pretty busy so had to wait for long periods between treatments, this however did not take anything away from the experience as we were quite happy to relax on the lounge sipping mint tea. Neither my friend nor myself had been to an hammam before so we were not prepared for the most vigorous scrub of our lives, there was a point when I had a little peek to ensure that my skin was still intact. Joke, it was rough but done with care. The smoothness of my skin afterwards made every moment of the scrub worth it.
The foot massage was really good, but could have been longer. Good value for money and I would certainly go back.

Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very relaxing environment”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I came here on the recommendation of a friend. After the hustle and bustle of the past few days of travel we needed this! The massages were amazing, I almost fell asleep and my husband didn't want to leave. For the price it was more than worth it, I slept better that night than I had in weeks! If I ever return to Marrakech again (I hope I do!) I will definitely go back here for another massage and this time also get the foot massage - didn't have time this trip.

Visited April 2014
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Lovely relaxation in a soothing environment”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We went here (three women) on the recommendation of our Riad's owners and we're not disappointed.
The girls were experienced and the massage a lovely way to soothe aching muscles from a busy few days. Lovely and reasonable. 450 Dirham each for 2 hours (about £40). Worth every penny for the massage which was thorough. Lovely fragrant place. Although watching my mate have a bucket of water thrown at her was worth £39 of the £40 spent.

Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I came here for some R&R (rest and relaxation) and specifically wanted to try the massage because everyone seems to recommend it. I definitely got the massage I wanted, which is saying a lot because I'm very picky with massages. I enjoyed it that much that I decided to purchase an extra session just for my feet. That foot massage was awesome!

Visited May 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Massage ok but the rest? Dont bother.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went there today. Pretty disappointed - I had never had a hammam before but even I knew that this 'hammam' was a waste of time. Led into a room to get changed and then directed into a dark shower room with rubber mats. Washed by attendant for all of 2 mins and then she walked out. Waited and waited. Room was warm but not steamy or anything. Had to stick my head out the door just to get attention of attendant! What the?.... Then almost on request I was given the Gommage for about 4 minutes. She then walked out again and returned with the mud mask. Applied. Told to put feet in rose water bath. Hmmmm I wander how many other feet had been in it already? Left alone again. Then attendant comes back about 10 mins later and washes my face and hair with shampoo. No conditioner or anything so of course it gets super tangled. Great. Hammam may be 45 mins but really its just an expensive couple of showers and an exfoliation with a mit. Right. Total time of hammam was really about 10 mins with the rest of the time waiting for the next bit. I was then led into a room with sofa beds. Start getting a foot rub and something cooling on my face - but sure enough just as it starts to improve im whipped upstairs for the massage. Good massage - relaxing - not strong at all. That was the best part about it all. Hammam aspect was a waste of time - wished id saved my money and just had a massage. Shame because its nearly the same price as much more upmarket places. Ah well next time.

Visited June 2014