“Delicious food for low price”
Review of Chez Yassine

Chez Yassine
Ranked #40 of 983 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Very good food for a low price. Nice service! We haven't found any better restaurant with food of this quality for this price. We have eaten there two times already!

1  Thank Frederieke O

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I have spent two weeks with my husband in marrakech, and this restaurant was a blessing; since i have a fragile stomach and before knowing this place, most of my nights were dedicated to deal with stomach aches. Furthermore, it 's in here that i started to eat moroccan dishes that I usually avoid, even in family gatherings. The food is delicious, the waitress makes the place cosy and full of joy, and the prices are more than affordable.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Having read many of the reviews here on TripAdvisor, my partner and I decided to find Chez Yassine for our last evening in Marrakesh... And we're so glad we did!

We were promptly seated by a friendly Yassine who was happy to speak in both French and English to us (as I speak a little French). Although we had a little bit of a wait to order, owing to it pretty much being Yassine being the sole waitress /cook (as mentioned in other reviews), the ambience was pleasant.

My partner ordered the lamb tagine with prunes and I ordered the chicken pastille. Both dishes were beautiful and although mine took slightly longer to prepare, it was well worth the wait. It was absolutely gorgeous seasoned chicken encased in light pastry with what I think was a light dusting of cinnamon and sultanas on top. It sounds like a slightly odd combination but it was truly special! The lamb in the tagine was beautifully cooked and melted in your mouth!

My partner loves the Moroccan mint tea and we were not disappointed with that either. A large pot gives you a lot and in total we spent 95 Dirhams for 2 mains, a soft drink and a large pot of mint tea - excellent value. In all honesty, had we found this place sooner, I'm pretty sure we'd have eaten here on a number of occasions especially as the desserts looked pretty awesome.. If only we had the room for more!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We went there with our kids (8+4) and we loved it! Like others mentioned: The owner, a young very sympatic woman, let you feel very welcome. Like all maroccon people, the chez yassine staff loves the kids. We had cous-cous with chicken and chawarma. Both very good and a lot of food!! Also the tea is served in a tea pot that you can drink at least 4 glasses each! We payed around 200dh for the whole food, including the kids Pizza, which they serve with a very crunchy bottom!! Very cheap, cause in Medina you pay up from 250dh normally.
I just can suggest you people to go there!!

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We have beem to Chez Yassine twice now. Both times we have had amazing food, Moroccon and Western. Meals are very very reasonably priced, great presentation and quality.
Today we were also given great advice for our travel to Essouria and offered help for bargaining in the Medina Souks. Highly recommend dining here.