“Excellent Location and service”
Review of Riad Marrabahia

Riad Marrabahia
Ranked #414 of 1,168 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have been in Marrakech for my first time and for me the location was very important as well as getting good recommendations to move around. Marrabahia had this perfect mix is a very nice Riad very well located in the Medina with taxis in front of it all the time and easy to move around by foot. The service is very nice and very helpful they make your live easy there. I also recommend you to book a dinner there they have the best cous cous and other maroccan specialties all delicious. The Riad itself has all you need they also offer hammam and massage. I defenetly recopmmend it! You can also book the entire riad for a special event or to enjoy with friends it has 8 rooms I think in total.Something to think about....

Room Tip: they have 8 rooms I think out of which one is a suite which is the biggest one in case you need an e...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ari693

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Our first visit to Marrakech and to Marrabahia. The Riad was an excellent location very easy to find even when walking home in the late evening from the night market. The Riad was tastefully decorated with individuality and a good standard. The rooms were light and airy, and provided everything in working order. The roof terrace was great, so much so that we decided not to go to the mountains one day but just to relax for the afternoon and watch the nesting storks. Laure, the proprietor, Yassine and the girls were so polite and helpful. Their service was excellent, from organising taxis at our arrival at the airport and then throughtout our stay.. We missed our flight due to a mixup with BA and had to stay unexpected but welcome night. they arranged driver to colleted and had our room ready and welcomed us as if it was home. Definitely recommend and will return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine F
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Marrabahia really is a haven of peace. The breakfasts on the roof terrace in particular were a great start to the day. The staff were friendly, although I would recommend they improve their English language skills. The Riad is French owned and it was lovely to meet the owners: very friendly, flexible and helpful. Granted, it helped I spoke French, but still... The staff too were helpful with recommendations and organizing day trips. The room we stayed in (Zaiane Suite) was clean, modern, with a Moroccan twist. I thoroughly enjoyed having the Marrabahia as a base to explore Marrakech from, the quiet was a welcome change from the city's hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CornerOfTheEarth
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed there for a Weekend and we had such a great time in Marrakech and in the Riad Marrabahia. The Service was great, the owner very polite and open. They took care of everything we needed. The Group already agreed, we will go back to Marrakech and will stay only in Marrabahia.

Room Tip: Ask Laure for recommendations. she is so lovely and a great Person. She willt ake care of everything...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SlamFFM
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

It was our first trip to Marrakesh. Not knowing anything about the city made it very challenging to choose the right place to stay in the right location but we were very lucky, we couldn't have picked better!
From the start I was impressed with great service when Laure, the owner emailed me to ask about our airport transfer requirements and answered all my questions very efficiently.
Our flight was delayed two hours and our cab driver was still waiting for us.
On arrival we were greeted warmly and guided to our spacious room and from that moment, until the end our our stay, everything was perfect. We enjoyed this charming Riad situated in the quiet road in the old Medina with cosy courtyard with swimming pool, lovely roof terrace where we had our breakfast every morning basking in the sun, huge, comfortable room, but most of all, staff friendliness.
Laure, knowing from my email what's the purpose of our stay, arranged flowers and delicious birthday cake for my boyfriend! Her parents took great care of us and Ahmed ( I hope I have the name correctly ) volunteered information and advice about places to eat and things to see and never stopped smiling.
Marrabahia will stay in our memory and warm our hearts on the freezing April days back in London.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank iwonab
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by this place. The location is great. Only a short walk to all the main attractions. Yet once you enter it is calm and peaceful. The staff were also great. They made every effort to help us. After getting lost earlier in the day in the warren of streets, one of the members of staff walked us to our restaurant in the evening and helped us to get our bearings for the rest of the trip.

The rooms are of a very high standard with under floor heating and air conditioning. Comfortable bed.

I could not recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arun S
Reviewed 5 September 2012

A friend and I stayed in the Riad Marrabahia in August 2012. We spent quite a while looking for an appropriate place to stay as we weren’t sure if we wanted to stay in the medina or further afield. The main concern was whether staying in the medina would be noisy and polluted. However, we decided to chance it and stayed in the medina as most of the sights i.e Djemaa El-Fna, Badi Palace, etc are there.
We were not disappointed, the Riad Marrabahia is lovely and the owners and staff very laid back and helpful. The Riad is in a great location with most of the key sights within walking distance. The Badi Palace is literally moments away. The Riad itself is clean and spacious with a plunge pool located centrally in the court yard (as with the design of many of the riads) which is wonderful for cooling off. There is a roof top where you can sun bathe which was totally empty when we were there. It is a shame that it is not made more use of however we appreciated the quiet and free choice of sun loungers.
The room we had was ideal. Large bed, air conditioning which you have control of (air conditioning is a must as the temperatures in August hit 40©+) wonderful bathroom and lots of cupboard space plus a TV and an in room safe. The rooms were cleaned daily and the beds remade. My only pet peeve is that there is no mini fridge in the room. This may not sound like a big deal but as I said above it is boiling hot and the rooms are so immaculately decorated that it is a bit strange.
Otherwise it is the perfect place to stay in Marrakesh. The riad is amazingly quiet and relaxing. You do not hear the hustle and bustle of the city outside and it is like stepping in to another world.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends