“Always my favorite place”
Review of Riad Dar Thania

Riad Dar Thania
Ranked #141 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Always my favorite place”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

From 2013 my first stay in Riad Dar Thania, i consider it like my favorite home in Morocco! I have been there for my second time this year in January everything was great, a service the food and the confort still on the Top, i loved the new Room and the new View from the roof terasse!!
Thanks to Momo and all the stuff !!
I would like to go back..i miss shisha ;)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
Calne, England
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This little riad was perfect. From the moment we arrived until we left Momo the manager couldn't do enough for us. He recommended places to go and showed us the way to a hammam.
The rooms are small but very clean and the breakfast, served whatever time you get up, was substantial.
Our return flight was not until 10pm, but we could use the room until it was time to go to the airport.
The roof terrace is perfect for chilling out.
We stayed for 3 nights in January and I will definitely be back

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank racysailorgirl
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 22 January 2014

very nice riad, good location & a lovely special host my dear Momo!!!!!!!!! hundred stars ;)
My room was just in front at the fountain, tips and great chats with Momo.
Great brakfast! Everything really nice! Wait for me soon, I hope!

Cynthia Camarotte/SP/Brasil

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

If you visit Marrakech you will need a retreat from the manic streets where you will be dodging motorcycles, crowds and manic traders. This riad is the perfect place, central yet so peaceful, comfortable and friendly once inside. And Momo the host is great! Happy birthday Mono today.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Esposende, Portugal
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've been to Marrakech many times before and staying at Riad Dar Thania was definitely my top stay. Ludovic and Momo were so wonderful hosts.
Reaching the Riad was straightforward as its very near the main square.
Momo was so kind to stay up and kept me company until i was ready to go to bed. There's no comparison to awakening at the suite in the terrace, watching the rising sun over the roofs of the old Medina. After a huge breakfast, and even it was December, i had my coffee at the top terrace and enjoyed the warm sun. Momo was super friendly and showed me around. Before it was time to leave, i had a coffee with Momo and Ludovic and they sure made me feel at home. Missing it all so much!

Room Tip: The suite in the terrace has a great view of the skies in the morning.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We spent a wonderful four nights here. The rooms were attractive and well appointed, the breakfasts ample and the roof terrace lovely. The riad was excellent for a group travelling together, as we were. We really did take it over as a second home. We agree with all the previous comments about Momo who made our stay special. He was not only tolerant of our idiosyncrasies, but helpful and flexible as well as fun and a brilliant cook. Back in the UK we are thinking nostalgically of your lamb tangine, Momo!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 92Ros
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 17 October 2013

After 3 or 4 times in Marrakech, I feel this is the coziest riad I've been. The rooms are excellent and the breakfast very good. The people are very nice too. Thank you very much to all the crew and to Ludovic, for your sympathy and attention. A very special thank to Momo for the great dedication. Certenly I'll be there next year!

Room Tip: Every rooms are very nice. Just pick one!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ludomaroc, Propriétaire at Riad Dar Thania, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you very much for your post on tripadvisor, this is very helpfull for us, we appreciate!
And it's very nice to read that you appreciate your stay.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again, As "Dar Thania" means in Arabic, this riad is your second home! ;-)
Best regards from all the team and I.
Ludovic