All reviews plunge pool roof terrace hammam and massage the main square media room atlas mountains stocked fridge bustling centre beldi country club beautiful riad the hustle and bustle an oasis modern twist moroccan charm arranged everything room was beautifully decorated like coming home
Reviewed 5 April 2016

I was extremely lucky to get a booking here this time round and was it worth it or what! Although I have stayed here several times before I failed to write a review (probably because I wanted to keep it a secret) however I feel like I owe the team at Timila to write about this beautiful riad and the impeccable service they deliver time and time again.

Brahim the riad manager is a warm and intelligent man who makes him self available for your every need. He not only has plenty of restaurant and activity recommendations but also heaps of insider tips when it comes to making your way round the souk and knowing the best local Moroccan places.

When its hot outside the riad's roof is the best place to be, with plenty of secluded places to lie out in the sun and shady places to read your book, one finds it hard to believe that the bustle of the main square is only 4 minutes away. Few of the small riads offer in house hamams and massages however Timila has both and what a luxury it feels like to have them! When the weather calls for a day spent inside theres no better place to be than inside Riad Timila's sitting room with the fire on and a moroccan blanket to keep you cosy. There are plenty of books to choose from or you can curl up on the enormous sofa and watch one of the many movies on offer.

The decor within Timila is outstanding, full of art and moroccan antiques without being overwhelming. There are lots of plants so both sides of the building are fresh and clean all the time. The beds are incredibly comfortable and each room has lovely windows which let in such a beautiful light when you wake in the morning. It is very easy to be undisturbed whilst staying there, there have been times when there are other guests there and we never even noticed!

Finally I must mention the food! Henia the wonderful chef delivers some of the best food in Marrakech, home from home cooking that can be fully trusted and enjoyed.

Go and stay there if you can - you won't regret a single minute of it!!

Room tip: Make sure you spend one sunset up on the top terrace as the views of it over the Atlas mountains are phenomenal!
Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank FloBaker
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This was our second visit to this super-stylish riad in Marrakech. We were there in 2009 and didn't hesitate to rebook when we were looking for some much-needed Easter sunshine. We arrived with high expectations from our previous visit and this lovely oasis in the medina delivered on them all. There is a new cook since we were last there and the food, without appearing disloyal to the previous one, was even more delicious, so much so that we ate at the riad for three of the four nights that we were there. Sardines and salads for lunch were another culinary highlight. We spotted some new decorative pieces including a complete wall of hands of Fatimah and also new lighting on the roof terrace where we watched the sun go down with a glass of wine each evening. The staff could not have been nicer and nothing was too much trouble. All in all a fantastic weekend escape. I can't help but think that two visits may not be enough, and we can't wait to return.

Room tip: we stayed in Bronze room which was super luxurious with a huge bed
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FootlooseLondon
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Riad Timila is a gem in the heart of the bustling Medina in Marrakech. Welcomed by brothers Brahim and Ismael,part of the Timila family, we were hosted in gracious and generous style by Victoria Ellington, daughter of Grace Ellington, the owner of Riad Timila. Welcomed with steaming Moroccan mint tea and delicious treats in front of a roaring fire in the reception room, beautiful artworks add ambiance. The service is phenomenal and no task was too large or too small for Ishmael and Brahim. The food was superb, with delicious dinners and breakfasts prepared by the in-house cooks Henia and Rashieda (sisters) The food is organic, and can be served anywhere you like including the beautiful rooftop terrace, which offers 360 degree views of Marrakech and the majestic Atlas Mountains. It also boasts a hammam and massage room. Riad Timila recycle and they engaged local artisans to assist in building and renovating the place, investing in the local community. A wonderful to spend some time in this beautiful city!

Room tip: all 6 rooms are beautiful
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Riad Timila is my absolute favourite place to stay on holiday. Having just come back from my stay at the beautiful riad for my third year in a row it's overwhelming charm and never ceases to amaze me. The riad is exceptionally decorated with an authentic Moroccan feel, plenty of space to enjoy the beautiful surroundings on the roof terrace and outside veranda for evening fairly lit dinner parties. The bedrooms are spacious, clean and each have a unique and elegantly decorated feel to them. The in house spa and hammam room is such a treat. The staff at Riad Timila are more than accommodating and continuously go out of their way to make each persons stay perfect for them and cater to everyone's individual needs. The food at the Riad is just wonderful (especially the fluffy pancakes and eggs for breakfasts)
The location itself within the Medina has such an energetic buzz with the beautiful souks just outside and charming authentic restaurants a few minutes walk away! Timila is the perfect place to stay to get a real insight into authentic Moroccan culture.
I would recommend Riad Timila to everyone whether you are in a large group, family or a romantic trip away the Riad is just wonderful. I can't wait for my next visit!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

What a beautiful riad! Timila is an oasis of calm right next to the bustling souk. I love everything about this place. Relaxing on the roof terrace is the perfect way to spend a day and the location means you can pop out straight into the medina for local food, sightseeing and shopping. The riad even has its own hamman and massage room. I had a traditional hammam on the first day - a must! Ishmael is there to help you with anything you need and makes you feel totally at home. All of the staff are lovely!

1  Thank msbgsy