Riad Timila
US$412
US$334
US$324
getaroom.com
All reviewsplunge poolroof terracemedia roomthe main squareatlas mountainshammam roomstocked fridgehave stayed here several timeswonderful home cookeddelicious supperbeldi country clubbeautiful riada stones throwchaotic marrakechthe location is perfectmoroccan charmmodern twist
Reviewed 6 April 2010

This is a lovely place to stay, very central and beautiful. Nothing disappointed. The staff were lovely and we ate incredibly well. I highly recommend the Hamman and massage, which were of a very high standard. The beds and sunloungers were very comfortable and there were always cool places to be when it got too hot. The children enjoyed the pool and made use of the media room. We were incredibly well looked after and for those who have not been to Marrakech before, this is the way to do it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Artmallet
Reviewed 14 March 2010

We stayed at this Riad for a week and were lucky to have it all to our self. The service you get here is amazing from both Zara and Brahim. The food was an experience in itself, so incredible tasty and well prepared. Zara produces the most amazing meals. We (as other before us has mentioned) stayed in the Riad for lunch and dinner most of the time, because there were really no reason to go other places. Also, the price for dining in at the Riad is very low compared to other restaurants in the inner city.

Brahim organized a trip to the Sahara for us on one day notice and it was a great experience, something we would never have been able to fix our self, thank you so much.

The Riad is located in an area that is quiet and tranquil, but still you are very near the bustling Jemaa-el-Fna square and the shops along the narrow alleys of the Souk. From the Riad you are in the busy streets of the Souk in two minutes and in the square in another four minutes (depending on the crowdedness). The rooms are generally spaceous and tastefully furnished, and give you ample room to secluded relaxation, and the big roof terrace gives you plenty of room to enjoy the sunny days. We also highly recommend using the Hammam and massage facilities in the Riad and Brahim will arrange for a masseur to come to the Riad if you like.

We are surely coming back one day. Inshalla!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I went to Timila to do some work. I was looking for a retreat where I could sit in the sun and read. But from where I could easily experience a burst of the city when I wanted an injection of life and other people. I was very lucky with the weather, 3 sunny days out of the 4 I was there. Timila is made up of two riad's next door to each other. The two connect on the ground floor and on the huge (beautiful) roof terrace. There was one other couple, who stayed in the 'other' house, and we felt totally seperate. Amazing food prpared by Zara (I am vegtarian). I chose to eat all my meal in the Riad. And throughout everything was looked after by Brahim who manages the Riad and is charming and very helpful. He organized transfers to and from the airport, and would have organized trips etc. I felt in very good hands, and quite safe at all times. The interiors are beautiful, and the bedrooms a good size each with its own bathroom. It's a great central location, but is very quiet once you step inside.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2010

This is the second year running that I have been invited to join a friend of mine who celebrates his birthday each year in Marrakech. Both times we stayed at Riad Timila. We loved it the first time, but staying in the new improved and extended riad this year was an absolute delight.

Its location couldn't be better - 5 mins from the main square and the souks. The riad itself is superb. The new master suite is stunning but all the bedrooms have en-suite facilities and have been very stylishly decorated. I have stayed in many other riads in Marrakech, including some of the 'designer' ones, and Riad Timila is right up there with the best. I can honestly say that the view from the upper terrace has to be one of the best in Marrakech - Kotubia on one side, Atlas mountains on the other. Watching the sun set over the Kotubia with a beer in hand has to be one of the best things to do in the world! The new pool, hammam/steam/massage suite are excellent additions to the riad and were well used by our group.

The staff were very friendly and really looked after us all. Brahim, the manager was always helpful and made the trip flow without a hitch. Zara, the cook, was terrific. Her lunches are as good as those served in any restaurant. We found the best thing to do was to tell her to cook whatever she wanted and we were never disappointed. We went out for dinner most nights (to some fantastic places, Tobsil and Comptior being my favorites) but Zara cooked for us one night and it was very very good and much cheaper than venturing outside.

So in summary, if you are going to Marrakech, try and stay in Riad Timila. It's a great place for a group celebration and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2010

sitting at my desk looking out of the window at grey skies and reminding myself that two days ago i was up on the roof at Riad Timila - it seems hard to imagine i was living in a small part of paradise for four days.....
what more could i have wanted - my own fabulous room with ensuite shower and a bed that felt like climbing inside a cloud every night - a wake up call with a huge cup of tea on a silver tray - throwing open my shutters and listening to the birds.
breakfast on the roof terrace - more food than i could eat - pancakes, bread, fresh fruit, eggs, yoghurts,fresh orange juice, coffe on tap and the best doughnuts - a choice of towelling clad sun loungers or a cushioned roof terrace to read my book - mountains in the background and so little noise - you can't believe you are minutes away from a shoppers delight -
would i like lunch or dinner at the riad ?- yes please to every meal - it was exquisite food cooked by zara - who is so discreet you can't imagine that some where she is cooking up the most fabulous food - the best tagine i had in Marrakech, imaginative and tasty side dishes - the food was definitely worth staying in for.
A lovely guy called Brahim looks after you - he is once again discreet but always seems to appear just as you are about to ask for something - it appeared that nothing was too much for them to arrange - trips and taxis where ever you wanted and on the last day a hamman and massage at the Riad.
I could feel my post holiday sulk coming on as i went to bed on the last night, was i really having my last cup of morning tea, my last breakfast, my last taste of these beautiful surrondings was i really about to be sitting back at my desk staring at the grey skies.....
i am planning to return in the next couple of months - why wouldn't anyone?

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends