“My Favorite Riad with Fantastic Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Riad Reves D'orient
Ranked #96 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My Favorite Riad with Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

During my trip to Morocco last December, my father and I stayed in quite a few riads but our absolute favorite was the Riad Reves D'Orient. It is tucked away in a quiet part of the medina but it is still close enough to the famous Djemaa el Fna Square to see all the action which was only about a 7 minute walk away. The women who run this riad are extremely polite and very pleasant. Samira, the owner, made sure everything was done right for us and really wanted us to enjoy our stay. She gave us a little map of where the riad was located which helped us navigate ourselfs around the winding mazes of the medina. Inside the riad, you will find a nicely furnished courtyard with beautiful Moroccan decor. During the day, they usually played pleasant Arabic music in the courtyard which created a relaxing ambiance. Of course I was excited because they played the newest album of Nancy Ajram, one of my favorite Arabic singers and also the most famous.
We only stayed here two nights but wished we had been here longer. On our first night, we were served an excellent dinner with plenty to eat. It was our favorite dinner during our whole trip!!! The chicken was so moist and was served in a savory sauce with amazing spices. I have Moroccan relatives so trust me, I know how Moroccan food should taste and I must say this food was OUTSTANDING! My father had jokingly asked where were the belly dancers. The woman who served us simply smiled and said they were coming out soon. We had assumed she was joking too but before we knew it, two young women who worked at the Riad were belly dancing in the courtyard for the guests with lively traditional music playing. It was a really nice surprise and I felt like I was at a live show in the comfort of eating dinner. I even got up and attempted to dance which was pretty funny.
Later that first night is when my nightmare struck me. Right as I was going to bed, I realized I had lost my backpack. The women at the riad looked all over but luckily we were able to locate it the next morning with the help of my Marrakech tour guide. I had left it at a public cafe as I entered Marrakech's medina when I used their bathroom. Samira had been very concerned for us and the ladies at the riad tried to keep us calm during this nervous situation. No passports were in the backpack but it had $150 cash, ipod, mobile phone, and $75 worth of souvenirs. The servers at the cafe were very honest people and had put it in a safe place until somebody claimed it. I found everything in the backpack exactly as I had it. My father and I were so happy and we really appreciated the effort the riad staff had put forth to help us. They really care about their guests and want everyone to be happy.
The breakfasts served at this riad were the best we had during our 8 day tour of Morocco. We found everything to be very freshly prepared and tasty. Overall, we were really impressed by the food during our 2-night stay.
Our room was very comfortable and had nice decor. Everything was clean and the bathroom was a decent size. I found that there was a lot of space to move around in the bedroom area which was convenient because we had big suitcases. We could not have been more pleased.
The best thing about this riad was the service obviously. Samira and the ladies operating this Riad showed the highest level of hospitality and treated their guests like family. They always had smiles on their faces. We really felt the true Moroccan experience during our stay. When we return to Marrakech in the future, we will definitely stay at this riad again!!! I highly recommend for people to stay here! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank MediterraneanSeabird

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

This riad was just what we needed in Marrakech. It was an easy walk to the big square, with some nice little shops on the way. The interior was beautiful (with A/C). Their rooftop was nicely appointed with a pretty, shaded spot to eat and a cool jacuzzi. The manager and staff were warm and very helpful and always around. The food was very good, too! Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Brennan_Family_NY
Washington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights in the riad Reves d'Orient in the heart of old Marrakech and enjoyed our stay very much. The staff is very attentive, the rooms are very nice, and we enjoyed a very quiet sleep. As our first time to Morocco, it was quite exotic, the work that has been done to restore the riad has been done very well.

It is a convenient 10 minute walk to the central square and was fairly easy to navigate despite the complexity of the medina itself.

Both nights we ended up eating at Cafe Arab, which was very good, and very close to our riad. This was a plus after an excellent dinner later at night to have a short walk "home".

The staff is helpful and overall we enjoyed an excellent two night stay at the riad, We recommend it highly.

3 Thank GreyGhost007
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We arrived after a 36 hour flight from Australia to wonderful hospitality. We enjoyed our 4 night stay and was well looked after by Samira and her staff. The rooms are decorated in Morrocan style and we also enjoyed breakfast on the roof. It is a short walk to the excitement of the souks and the square (if you dont get lost) and also close to some more upmarket restaurant and bars. Would not hesitate to recommend it for a great Marrakech experience.

5 Thank WestAust48
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed in Suite Saphir with our young son. The room was perfect for us. We were delightfully surprised by the quality of the breakfasts, and enjoyed taking them on the roof in the shaded seating area. The roof hot tub was an unexpected perk. The location in the Medina was extremely convenient. Above all, Samira was a wonderful host who gladly took care of us. We thoroughly recommend this riad.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Nick-in-NYC
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

The Riad Reves D'Orient is a very comfortable place to stay and well located in the Medina. Samira, who is fluent in English, manages a very competent staff, and together they provide extraordinary care. My wife was ill while we were there and Samira arranged for a doctor to come to the Riad and he prescribed medicine which was a huge help. For a reasonable fee, Samira and her staff also serve delicious dinners at the Riad. Without exception, all of the Moroccans we encountered were friendly and gracious; we felt very safe in Marrakech and throughout Morocco during our visit in April and May 2011. We highly recommend Riad Reves D'Orient.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rberler
Rayleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

After the recent bombing in Marrakech we were understandably reticent about continuing with our May break - but went anyway. We never felt unsafe.....plenty of police around and the locals bustling on as normal.
We had the most wonderful 5 days, staying at Riad Reves D'Orient.. they anticipated our needs and nothing was too much trouble. Our meal at the Riad on the first night was totally yummy and breakfast mmmm. Location wise it couldnt have been better .... only 5 mins away from the main square and Mosque and everything else really, although you wouldn't guess it once you are in the Riad. Thank you so much Hussein and Abdul for your hospitality.
Having a cheap meal in the Square was recommended in the guide book so we went for it. It looked chaotic but was well organised and the food......excellent!
We had 2 brilliant trips - you MUST try the hot air balloon ride with Fly Marrakech. Hamid the pilot is definitely a 'once met never forgotten' type of person. The other thing to do is take a cab for a 2hr drive to Essouira on the coast - the most beautiful Moroccan seaside resort within historical city walls, and with continual cooling breezes. Recounting all this is making me want to book a flight back there.

Room Tip: All the rooms at this Riad are beautiful