“A quiet oasis in the busy medina”

Riad Reves D'orient
Ranked #162 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Riad Reves d’ Orient
This is a lovely riad just minutes from the bustle of the souks but once inside you would never imagine how close you are to the action, the place is an oasis of peace and quiet. The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful and their cooking, should you eat in, is terrific (and very good value).
If you enjoy the food try the optional cookery lesson and make your own lunch in the kitchen, with careful supervision I made three courses in the space of a couple of hours of the most delicious Moroccan dishes.
One word of warning, if you book this riad they will be offer to arrange a taxi and transfer from the airport. Take it. You’ll never find the place otherwise but once there it is easy to get in and out and the whole of the medina is within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter N
Princessedudesert, Propriétaire at Riad Reves D'orient, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Peter & Familly

We are very pleased to read your comments ...Thank you.

We will be very happy to welcome you again at "Riad Reves D'orient"

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I really enjoyed this riad. Stylishly appointed, very good food - tagine can get a bit samey but it's excellent here - and the staff are extremely willing and helpful. The walk at night can appear a little daunting but we experienced no problems. Might be better to stay above ground floor level as the central area can get noisy but that's a minor blip. I'd recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the ground floor, avoids the noise of the central area
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Princessedudesert, Propriétaire at Riad Reves D'orient, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

We are very pleased to read your comments ...Thank you very much

We will be very happy to welcome you again at Riad Princesse Desert.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

This is a tad late which I apologize. I stayed at the Riad for 2+ nights about a month back. Beautiful decor and rooms. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention what impressed me most...the service. The staff was more than accommodating with a wide-range of assistance to me. This included:

- on my arrival, orientating me on the location of the riad and walking me to and fro to Jemaa el-Fnaa square so I could get my bearings,
- having dinner awaiting me late after hours after a long day out sightseeing,
- waiting to meet me at a particular time outside the square to assist me back to the riad, and
- when arranging (and help) with an early AM hot-air balloon flight, waking up extremely early to walk with me (solo traveler) through the streets in the dark and await the transport pick-up (mind you I had a few bad experiences in Fes, hence the trepidation).
- allowing me gratis use of a guest room my final day since I had a late night flight out of Casablanca

All of this and more was so very, very much appreciated. I am greatly thankful for Mustafa's help and assistance in particular. Shukran bezaf (please forgive any misspellings).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank traveler2012now

We will be very happy to welcome you again at Riad Reves D'orient

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The Riad is friendly, clean, beautiful and confortable. I stayed only 1 night, but Samira, an owner, took care of my friend and myself very much. I felt the Riad were my home(everyone can be relaxed.) The place is very closed to medina(a bit complicated place, so it's better to ask the Riad to take you there). I really want to go there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed at the Riad for a few days in August 2012. We found the rooms to be very quaint and the staff to be exceptionally friendly. Locating the Riad can be a little on the tricky side, althoug Samira and Manuelmet on the way (massive help). With this said, once you get to the Riad, its very easy to find again.

We (myself, my sister and a friend) were treated exceptionally well. We were met upon our arrival with tea (please note mint tea is the tea of choice in marrakech, if ou want normal tea u have to ask for lipton). The staff were very warm and would bend over backwards for us, particularly SeMohammed (aka Semore) who went everywhere with us. He was like a little brother that we discovered on a different continent. Its a very family orientated amosphere and we were treated like family. Just want to say many thanks to Samira, Semore, Manuel, Yusuf and everyone who made our stay so wonderful. Miss you guys lots! x

Michelle!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meeshell_12

We will be very happy to welcome you again at Riad Reves D'orient

Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

We came to Marrakech for our honeymoon. I was a little unsure on how to get to the Riad at first. But out of the blue Samira contacted me and offered to send a taxi to meet us at the train station and take us to the Riad. Upon arriving at the Riad we were greeted by Samira and crew. Our bags were taken to our wonderfully comfortable and clean room. We were offered Mint tea and some cookies, and then offered a guide, Munir, to take us to a restaurant. The entire time we were there the staff was more then friendly and accommodating. This was the highlight of our trip. We are already recommending this place to our friends

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This ryad is exceptionally well located (once you find it) near the souks and within very easy walking distance to the Place Jemaa el Fna. It is one of the most charming and luxurious ryads we stayed in during our 3-week visit to Morocco, with a wonderfully warm and helpful staff (including helping with dietary restrictions at breakfast). We would definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family