“Excellent, but be cautious”
Review of Riad Nasreen

Riad Nasreen
Ranked #90 of 1,167 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I liked this raid so I went back six months later. Mohamed and his staff were again very professional with nice smiles. However, be cautious of the people who give massages as they may try to scam you

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Riad_Nasreen, Gérant at Riad Nasreen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review and informing me about your story. I m really sorry for what happened to you and I profit to inform you that I don’t accept this things to happen either from my clients or people that work for me.
Concerning massages, I work with an external company that they send me girls when I need. Believe me that it has never happened to us but I’ll react immediately and stop with them.
I remembered that you were at the Riad the day after and you meet her when she came for another massage but you didn’t tell me anything. If you had informed me, I would have reacted and fixed .If you tried to meet her outside of the Riad the thing I’m not responsible for.
As I told you the massage girls work with a company we deal with when we need schedule massage session .

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed in the Riad Nasreen with our children aged 15 and 16 for 3 nights 4 days and had the most superb time from the moment we arrived to the moment we left! The Riad is a very beautiful place to stay and well located for the sights in the Medina. The staff are all so kind and friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. A very special thank you to Mohammad for arranging such super excursions and we are so grateful to all his advice and knowing what would suit our family.

The food in the Riad was delicious. Generous breakfasts and authentic Moroccan dishes and the roof terrace is an idyllic setting. Our rooms were some of the loveliest we have stayed in – each one decorated with stunning details and they were extremely clean.

We have recommended the Riad to our friends and very much look forward to returning one day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I traveled to Marrakech, Morocco in October and stayed at the Riad Nasreen. The Riad itself, the manager Mohamed, staff Ishmit, Fatima and the others provided the best service I've experienced in all of my many travels. I contacted Mohamed before my arrival and he promptly responded to my emails, answered all of my questions, arranged to have a driver meet me at the airport, arranged guides through the medina and souks, and excursions. The free internet service was a plus! The food they prepared was absolutely delicious! It tasted better than most of the well reputed restaurants that I visited. I noticed how he treated each of his guests with care, respect and took a personal interest in their Moroccan experience. The hammam provided by Fatima was so very relaxing and nothing like I had ever experienced. The roof top terrace was quiet and peaceful. Riad Nasreen felt like home away from home. It was safely tucked away back in the winding streets but after a day or so, I could navigate my way. If you want an authentic Moroccan experience with the nicest people you ever want to meet, Riad Nasreen is ideal! Hi Mohamed!!! Kate H. (Upper Marlboro, MD)

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms, both with a large double bed. They were perfect for me. I preferr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A friend and I recently had the pleasure to stay at the Riad Nasreen for 3 nights and 4 days. The Riad has so much to offer and the service cannot be faulted.

Firstly we were very grateful to have a cab already arranged for us before we arrived a great option so you do not have the task as soon as you step off the plane to have to negotiate a taxi price! When we first arrived we were very pleasantly surprised with what greeted us a tranquil, clean and relaxed environment. Mohammed and his staff were more the helpful and made our entire trip a lot more enjoyable.

One of the days we stayed we enjoyed a Hamman and full body massage followed by lunch – which we both agreed was the best meal we had while in Marrakech full of taste and flavor as compared to some of the popular tourist restaurants recommended on trip advisor! It was great to have both options in the luxury of the Riad and all at a great price!

The Riad is very conveniently located (that’s when you get your bearings of Marrakech).

We felt relaxed and welcomed and felt that the service as above and beyond what was expected and would highly recommend this Riad to anyone looking to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2013

It's not the easiest place to find and you will probably need help and a porter as it is not accessible by car. Once found it is like stepping into another world. We arrived late at night and had to leave the next morning but it was a welcome relief after having to drive through Marrakech at night. It was cool, extremely tranquil, beautiful to be there and clean. We had a suite which extended over two floors and it was clean and comfortable. The beds are hard but this seems to be the way of mattresses in Morocco. The breakfast was good. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. It is about 20 min walk from the Medina but despite its proximity to the mosque and Medina it was very quiet. Definitely consider staying there again if we are ever in Marrakech.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Balgownie
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here with my son, and my parents. The riad is stunning and we felt like we were staying in a palace. We had the most wonderful holiday we have ever had. Not only were the riad staff so helpful and welcoming, the manager Mohammed spoke excellent English. We ate here every night, and the food was excellent and nicer than anywhere else we tried. We had breakfast on the roof terrace every morning which was wonderful. We booked one of the excursions on offer, to walk up the Atlas mountains and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. We found we were within walking distance of the main square and lots of other tourist sites which was fantastic,but I must admit we found it easier to call a taxi from the riad which were very reasonable rates. My son loved the room door which was an old fashioned padlock! A very caring hotel, who couldn't do enough. I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: All rooms are to a very high standard. There are some rooms on the ground floor for easy access, and...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

As you approach the Riad, you are not quite sure what to expect, but, when you go through the door, you are very pleasantly surprised. You walk straight into a very beautiful place that has been restored to the highest standards. It is light, airy and very welcoming. Mohammed and his staff go out of their way to ensure that you have everything you need. Nothing is too much trouble at any time of the day or night. Even after we'd checked out, we were able to leave our bags, enjoy our day, then return and have a shower and a drink before heading off. Mohammed also went out of his way to drive us to the Coach Station. Only stayed a few days on this visit, but will definitely return next time we visit Marrakesh. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family