All reviewsenjoyed breakfast on the roof terracepeace quietprivate balconyquiet at nightair cona wonderful stayoliverexcursionssoukstransferdriverguidance
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Riad. Good service considering the price and the rooms were spatious, comfortable and tastefully decorated. We recommend the SPA.
The staff was knowledgable about the ins and outs of Marrakech and the 24-hour a day snack menu was a real bonus!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had a wonderful time staying here mainly down to the friendliness of all the staff who couldn't do enough to help and provided useful information about the area. I traveled alone so really appreciated their handy tips and insight. It's ideally situated - close enough to the main square (10 mins walk) but far enough to feel like you could escape the hustle and bustle when needing a bit of down time. The food is tasty and fresh and the spa a real treat. I had a massage which I highly recommend (& was much appreciated after a few days of walking, sight seeing and bartering!). All in all I couldn't fault the Riad and made my first trip to Marrakesh and memorable and enjoyable one. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I feel really bad as I was supposed to write a review years ago. But as me the Mrs sat over the weekend we were remembering the great time we had here and really want to come again. The lovely two managers Damien and Oliver were so helpful and went completely out of their way to ensure we were looked after. It was my wifes birthday surprise. I asked Olivier can you arrange some flowers at breakfast. I assumed it was going to be bunch but he arranged at a very good price a bunch of the flowers the same size of my mrs. Which was truly amazing. Anytime throughout the day or night we needed anything they were on hand to ensure it was done. We had endless mint teas which kept on coming whenever we required them. The rooms left me speechless so beautifully made. When I first sat down I thought where is the Tvs. But you realise after you just don't need them at all. I asked Oliver to book me a very nice restaurant for my Mrs Birthday meal. It was truly a great experience with great entertainment. The food would not stop and we could barely walk. They arranged all the excursions for us too. We loved the quad biking experience. There is so much to say but on the whole was truly amazing experience and would certainly recommend to any one to pay a visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This Riad is perfect for walking into the Main Square and the Souks. Situated down one of the narrow alleyways off the Bahia Palace and the city walls, it is a quiet tranquil oasis with a courtyard behind the big front door. The bedrooms are of a good size with spotlessly clean bathrooms. A good breakfast, coffee or tea, fresh orange juice, local bread, butter and jams, crepes, cake and pastries. This can be taken in the courtyard or up on the roof terrace. You are made to feel very welcome when you first arrive..... a nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

If you want to be close to the heart of the Medina, walkable to main square and souks, this Riad is ideal as it is tucked away down a passageway by the Bahia Palace. True, the narrow passage to the front door seems a bit daunting with locals hanging out in the alley and kids sitting on the doorstep, but it is not unsafe and you never feel threatened like you would in a large European city. Damian, the owner, and his staff are very friendly and accommodating, and have useful tips for your stay in Marrakech and advice on bartering, what to visit, taxi prices, etc. We booked airport transfers through the hotel which worked well and I would recommend as it´s difficult to find and I´m not sure that most cab drivers would know where to drop you off with your bags.
The riad is modern in style (nothing too ostentatious though) and has a spa, reading room with selection of books in English. We had a junior suite, which was very large with a nice balcony overlooking the internal courtyard, which was very good value for the money we paid.
Now the negatives, hence only the average score of 3 stars:
We stayed in early January and although the weather was good, 18 - 20 degrees most days, our room was cold. We were given a remote for the aircon/heating but as the unit was so high up, the heat that came out never reached us, so we gave up.
The advertised Wi-Fi throughout does not reach the bedrooms efficiently enough, so you have to stand in the corridor or sit in the courtyard to connect.
Take some earplugs as every morning at 6am the call to prayers from the local mosque can be heard quite clearly! A bit of a rude wake up call!
Be warned if paying by credit card on check out as they charge extras in the hotel in euros, then convert it to dirhams at their increased rate.....and then add another 4% credit card charge! This was the first time we encountered a credit card charge in Marrakech.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple