“Wonderful stay!”

Riad Amani
Brussels, Belgium
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

A very beautiful riad, decorated with good taste, a nice combination of traditional Moroccan and African motifs, and a brilliant combination of colours (our room, the Chocolate one, had a beautiful combination of brown and turquoise). Very clean, bed linen and towels are changed daily, breakfast is ample, we had a heater in the room, which was highly appreciated in December. The staff gave us a free map of Marrakech and lots of local advice. The location is good - 10-15 minutes walking to Djemma, produce market and souks nearby, a big supermarket and bus station 10 min walking. Very quiet at night, excellent sleep quality. Cosy, relaxed atmosphere, so nice to sit by the plunge pool in the evening after a hectic day in the medina. The people who work there - Hamada and Fatima - are simply awesome, very gentle, attentive and naturally friendly. They made our stay really wonderful and unforgettable, nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them, they took care of us as if we were members of their family. Thanks a lot and we hope to come back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank i-reve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Fatima and Hammada (no doubt spelt it wrong) at the riad were so welcoming and made me feel realxed from the start. Just as an example of their hospitality: Fatima walked me to the Jardins de Majorelle, washed my clothes!, Hammada organised a a day trip for me, offered to take me around on the back of his scooter!
My studio room was beautiful. Cosy and clean with satellite tv and a dvd. It was cold as I stayed at the end of december BUT the magic duo soon fixed me up with extra blankets and heaters to warm that place up in no time. The bed is very comfy!
I had a meal at the riad on my first evening which was a tasty 3 courses with an excellent tagine. One evening i requested a bit of bread and cheese with fruit and to my delight was brought a tray of apples. strawberries, satsumas, a basket of bread and soft cheese to my room all for 4 euros.
In terms of location, the riad is in the north of the medina and a 15 minute walk to the Place Djemma El Fna. I got a petit taxi from Gueliz to my riad one evening for the costly sum of 10 dirham (80 pence)
Dont think becasue it doesnt have as many reviews as other riads that it doesnt measure up. It does!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo