“DO NOT BOOK WITH THE RIAD DES EPICES”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Riad Des Epices

and 1 more site!
Riad Des Epices
Ranked #802 of 1,130 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bern, Switzerland
“DO NOT BOOK WITH THE RIAD DES EPICES”
Reviewed 29 April 2011

DO NOT BOOK WITH THE RIAD DES EPICES
I selected this riad partly because ‘airport shuttle’ was advertised as one of the services the riad offered. However when I informed the riad that I would like to use this service, Anthony, the manager of the riad, replied that the price from the airport would be 20 € and 10 € to return back anytime. I responded that I thought the service was provided free to guests of the riad and that I would use No. 19 airport bus instead (this cost 20 dirhams single and 30 dirhams for a return ticket which is currently equivalent to less than 2€ single/3 € return)
Anthony replied that was no problem with him and that I should take the bus to the main square and then ask for directions to the Riad. I told him that I would hate to get lost in a foreign country on my own, I had previously read about the risk of terrorism, kidnapping, crime and harassment etc. for tourists. Unbelievable instead of reassuring me Anthony rudely replied that after reading my concerns he thought it best that I should cancel my booking if I believe in all I've read and went on to tell me “Don't come to Marrakech to risk kidnapping, crime or harassment of tourists”
I immediately reported Anthony’s rudeness and unwelcoming attitude to Laterooms whom I had booked the riad with. Lizzie from Laterooms called Anthony to cancel my booking and conveyed to me that she was equally shocked by his attitude when she spoke to him and spared me the details of exactly what he said to her. Despite Anthony’s rudeness and unwelcoming attitude I went to Marrakesh, I booked with a hotel instead of a riad and was lucky to return safely. Unfortunately my concerns were confirmed, yesterday a massive terrorist bombing ripped through Café Argana popular among tourists in the heart of Djemma el-Fna square, Marrakech, killing 15 people and wounding at least 80.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank savantes

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha
#6 of 494 in Marrakech
La Mamounia Marrakech
La Mamounia Marrakech
#75 of 494 in Marrakech

Been to Riad Des Epices? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Riad Des Epices

Property: Riad Des Epices
Address: 28 Derb Amsegui | Sidi Ishaq, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Region: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Marrakech
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Airport Transportation
Ranked #802 of 1,130 B&Bs / Inns in Marrakech
Hotel Class:3 star — Riad Des Epices 3*
Perfect location in the middle of the Medina, young travellers, couples or families for a booking in exclusivity of the whole place. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Riad Des Epices reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.