Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa
US$444
US$411
US$333
2,004 results
All reviewspool baranimation teamhotel busplenty of sunbedsroom wasn't readywater aerobicsevening entertainmentpancakesrelaxing holidayhalf boardcleaned dailyquad bikinghotel groundsfresh towelsatlas mountainsbugsexcursions
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We'd stayed at this hotel during the half term week in February 2010. It is further out of Marrakech than we were led to believe. The hotel charged us money each time we used the 'courtesy' bus (which was a battered old coach). The main reason we chose the hotel was because it had 3 pools. On arrival we found the outdoor heated pool was being rennovated and we were told that the indoor spa pool was closed. At that time of year the remaining cold water pool was unusable, so we did not swim during our holiday. The room was unheated - the temperature averaged 12 degrees c that week. There was mould on the bedroom walls. The staff were surly and unhelpful and the food was OK, but rather boring. Having visited Agadir last year (the Iberostar) where we had a great time, we know the Moroccons can do it properly - but not at the Ryads Parc and Spa. A complete waste of our time and money. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank hentylulu
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Ryad Park and Spa is a stylishly modern moorish influenced complex, located less than 30 mins drive outside of Marrakesh. Our 4 day stay was intended as a minimum activity maximum rest break, and Ryad Park and Spa served as the perfect place for this approach.

Granted this isn't high season anyway, so naturally the tranquility was to be expected, which suited us perfectly.

On our arrival the hotel's grand entrance promised much and we were pleased to find that although the rooms were fairly simply adorned, the grand theme was continued in a somewhat stylishly understated finish. From our balcony we had an expansive view of most of the complex including views beyond the bounding walls to the very distant horizon.

Our first meal was a memorably tasty introduction to Morroccan/French cuisine. While I can still savour the chicken, meat and fish variations we enjoyed I have to admit I am unable to recount the menu in name. Believe me it was food heaven, made even more indulging by the mouthwatering deserts on offer. We are currently trying to lose the extra weight gained.

We gave in to the sauna and swim while my wife went even further with a massage.
Again the time of year meant that things were quiet, so it afforded us the opportunity to dream that it all belonged to just us.

As an all inclusive with drinks included, this has to be some of the most well spent money. The experience and service were stars above the cost and the extremely friendly and curteous staff made us feel like very special guests.

We would recommend to anyone, though families with junior age to teen children may find there is little activity for them. I believe there is a games room which if so, I'm sure would be fully kitted out, as this place is so well equipped. Worth checking this out.

We will definitely be visiting Ryad Parc and Spa again. Certainly allows for brushing up on our French.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Domron
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We went in a group of 14... 3 x families of 4 (primary aged children) and a couple. The adults were all late 30's early 40's apart from the couple who were 20's. The room was very acceptable, it was clean and spacious enough. It had a separate master bedroom with a connecting door, so adults do not have to sleep with the kids!!!! The beds and pillows were very very firm, so I did not think they were comfortable, but each to their own. The bathroom was very nice and there was powerful very hot water which was nice (Beware with young children), bath and shower over the bath with curtain. During our week long stay, sadly the weather was awful, so that spoilt the holiday. There is obviously no central heating so we were really quite cold a lot of the time (the hot bath every afternoon was very welcome). The television in the room only receives French channels. The patio doors were in the room with the children’s beds which made me a little uncomfortable as they didn't look terribly secure, I would have preferred them to be off the master bedroom. There is a fridge in the room (not a mini bar as described) but it is great as we took several bottles of decent wine in case the wine there was below par (it was drinkable at best).
As it was very early on in the year, there were not many people there and the snack bar was not open, neither was the indoor pool. There is a gym (I didn't personally see it, but my husband said it was ok).

The food was reasonably good, depending on your tastes; I would say it was of average to good quality and variety. It was buffet style.

The staff all spoke French and although may the effort to communicate in English, they really did struggle!!

The attitude of the staff varied widely, some were very helpful and made an effort with the children, others were quite grumpy to be frank.

The pool looked really lovely, but was far too cold for me to explore. There was also some work going on on a 2nd pool which required the use of power tools.

There was a number of sporty areas, small football pitch, basket ball area, a sand filled decent sized volley ball area and a boules area.

The whole complex was spacious with nice indoor lounge areas, although the bar was very dark and we spent a lot of time indoors due to the weather.

We did have a problem from the outset with the bar manager as a couple of the men folk in our group on our 1st day were drinking more beer that the bar manager though was acceptable (even though it was supposed to be all inclusive), so he started introducing silly rules like you can only get one drink at a time and can't therefore get a 'round in' meaning the wives also had to go up to get their drink!! The beer also 'ran out' twice!!!!This ensured an undesirable atmosphere between us and the bar staff, who were under strict instructions and not themselves to blame. Luckily for me the wine was no so great so I drank my own anyway and did not encounter the bar manager myself. The beer, I believe was reasonable.

Overall, I would say that had the weather been nice, we would have had a great time and we can't blame the hotel for that. I personally don't think Ill go all inclusive again, it's not my cup of tea ( the tea was atrocious).

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2010

This hotel was formally 'The Blue Bay' so check out other reviews under this name.

When we booked the holiday through Thomas Cook, we were on a budget and it looked like a great deal - Half board, flights and 4 star accomodation in Marrakech for 2 people under £650 for 7 nights.
We were not disapointed...for the money the accomodation was pleasant and clean with a balcony and pool view although no tea or coffee facilities in room or minibar.
The breakfast /evening meal was a buffet selection of typically hot and cold french/morroccan food and we enjoyed our meals there. I particularly liked the waiting staff who served the evening meal -friendly, accomodating and made an effort to speak english!
The quirks are that this is mostly a french resort with french speaking staff and entertainment and visited by few tourists from the UK....when we checked in we had little communication on arrival from the hotel or Thomas Cook on general information or the hotels facilities.
The pool area looked lovely however due to maintance work it was too noisy to enjoy it - this was january and it was low season so i let this go, however when the sun appeared i did feel a bit disapointed!
We visited the spa and enjoyed half a day of relaxing treatments, the rassoul and massage were lovely however the manicure and pedicure were very basic.
There is aso a regular bus that takes you into the centre, not free -20dh for a return ticket per person.
No real issues though, you get what you pay for and overall we had a quiet and relaxing stay, it does feel like a haven on return from the madness of marrakech town!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I shall start with the good points first.
The food at the hotel is wonderful , there is certainly food to cover all tastes and the staff were very efficient and friendly. The hotel was clean and all areas are very spacious.
We had a massage which was okay but not the best.If you want a relaxing time then the location of the hotel is perfect as its about 30mins outside of the city center of Marrakech.
Bad points , the rating of the hotel does not apply to the bathroom , one wall of the bathroom was covered with black mould , i had to clean the wall off to make it presentable.English is not widely spoken by the staff so communication is very difficult and impossible if there are problems(but as i do not speak french then this is my fault)
All of the entertainment is in french . The all inclusive is not what i have had in the past from previous hotels , so beware.
Overall we had a good time but would not go back

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple