“a nightmare in Royal mansour”

Royal Mansour Marrakech
Ranked #41 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
cuba
“a nightmare in Royal mansour”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I am writing to share with you the unbelievably, unthinkably out of the ordinary experience my family and I had at Royal Mansour “Palace” Marrakech.
We were staying at Palais Namaskar, and we wanted to explore the best Marrakech has to offer. We were told Royal Mansour Palace with its restaurants will be the spot to hit. We were eight, and were happy to celebrate my little daughter’s birthday in a place we wish we didn’t go to…
Once in Royal Mansour, the entrance was like a dream; our breath was taken away by the beauty of the scene. We all agreed on having Royal Mansour as our hotel of choice for the next visit to Marrakech.
We were greeted with smiles and led to the restaurant where we were supposed to dine. We asked the head waiter if we can be sited outside, we were informed that the terrace was booked, although it seems that the hotel was completely empty, hence the reason! But we were happy with a table inside. The sommelier helped us selected the wine.
Just when we thought we will be spending a night to remember (and it for sure will be) the head waiter came and asked us that we cannot dine there because of my shorts (that were not shorts, they were pants way below my knees). I thought first that was a joke of some sort. But the man seemed to be embarrassed and proposed me a transfer to our hotel so I can change my pants.
My whole family and I were in a complete shock of what we went through. We travelled all the way to Marrakech and came here to be embarrassed in such an unimaginable way.
I never, in my entire life wrote a letter of complaint about a bad service I received, but this I had to vent my anger and I hope the proprietor of this magnificent palace is aware of what’s going on in his propriety.
Do not set foot there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
28 Thank dunn j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
new york city
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The Royal Mansour is without question the most elegant, gracious, beautiful hotel in Marrakesh. We stayed in our own Riad - 3 stories high with a pool on the roof. The service was impeccable. Every need was anticipated and filled with gracious kindness. The concierge took care of our dinner reservations, transportation, shopping needs. The hotel keeps tight security and so we felt safe, and insulated from the heat and madness of the streets. The food at the hotel was outstanding - even breakfast was served with gloved waiters. Most of the staff spoke English. I can not recommend this hotel highly enough. The manager even called our hotel ahead of us on our way to Paris to request special treatment.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bluehorizen
London
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Visited for drinks and dinner.

Firstly - it's very expensive. Just worth it however (although some of the menu items are just a little unreasonable - a dish of couscous is £35 for example).

If you submit to the open wallet sugery that takes place it is just incredible. This place "feels" so special & the staff are so calm and organised.

The main draw is the hotel itself - it's genuinely exquisite. Sensationally glamourous and cool - it's unlike most very expensive hotels I've been too - there is an X-Factor to the place that is hard to describe.

Great food, lovely wine, charming service, smiles all round.

Wow.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coops9999
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

You will feel special staying here, as we did. Right from leaving the aircraft you will be met by 'Royal Mansour' reps, taken into the VIP lounge...passports checked and no queing.
Bags were taken to the Range rover waiting for us, 15 minutes drive to Palace, then met by Management and showen to our Amazing Riad.
Room keys were given in leather wallets, we were showen our Riad and how touch screen lighting/air con system works, 3 floors of opulant furniture and little touches were making me feel like a Celebrity.
Fresh fruit and Morroccan sweets were in lounge on arrival, bottled water supplied, and Coffee machine with pods and tea. (microwave & fridge was available in mini kitchen area)
The bedroom was Beautiful with Gorgeous En-suite, luxury products included..shampoo - hair mask - make up cleanser - exfoilating soap - body lotion, plus more..luxury robes and slippers for use.
Menus were available in Riad for breakfast/lunch/tea/drinks and dinner... prices were more than expected but its a once in a lifetime treat.
There were 2 plasmas in Riad, one downstairs in lounge and one in bedroom,,, my husband loved the fact that you could pause the film your watching on one Tv and then continue watching on the other. ...various films free of charge in languages to suit.
On the top floor was the plunge pool, 2 sunbeds and seating area... bliss in the sun.
The breakfast was included in our package ( it was 450 dirahams pp on menu )... served by white gloved butlers and a good selection.
Currency exchange was by Reception and had a good rate than the UK,
We didnt see the spa, but apparently it was amazing
The palace was walking distance to the Jemma square we went here in the day and night and both times were different, its quite an experience.
We went on a tour of Marrakesh, but the best they showed had no comparison to our Hotel, I felt the tour should of showed our Hotel and it would be the Highlight.
We returned to the airport via a Luxury heated/massage seats Mercedes S Class, and were taken care of with the Reps, we did not que and our passports were checked VIP style...then taken to the VIP lounge for coffee/drinks,
Amazing stay, Thank you very much Royal Mansour.

Room Tip: You will be happy in any room here
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Taurus_World
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 30 April 2012

i have never written any reviews on hotels i haven't stayed at least one night at but i need to make an exception as the royal mansour is indeed exceptional. in fact it is spectacular. i dare say i am a hotel snob but the royal mansour had my breath taking away every way i look. i had tea, a massage treatment and dinner at the moroccan restaurant on my last day in marrakech and i wished i had found this place earlier. in fact, this palace is worth a visit to marrakech on its own. the service is world standard. every where you look you would be at awe. i cannot find one single fault in this property. i had a lymphatic drainage massage and after the treatment i felt like melted butter. i am also a massage snob and i dare say most of the therapist at many of the spas around the world and i have to many, don't have a clue but iman at the royal mansour sure does. she is awesome and hands down better than the best therapist in the united states and switzerland. and for any of you who wonders about asia, forget it, most asian therapist dont have a clue, they do their massage like robots. but iman and her magical touch! the only complaint is i did not have my day well planed as i was leaving marrakech the next morning and once i am inside the royal mansour i dont even want to leave so i had dinner right after my massage which kind of prevent me from enjoying both at the fullest. the food at the moroccan restaurant is top notch as are their wine choice. do try the moroccan wine as they go so well with moroccan food. the manager did show me one of their rooms, or rather one of the riads, simply perfect!!! oh sorry back to the spa, not only was the treatment spectacular but the spa itself was stunningly gorgeous. i will for sure go back to marrakech just to stay at the royal mansour. thank you for making me feel like a princess if for only one day!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank rubyyao
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This place is one of the best hotel not only in Marrakech, but in the world.
It's a Palace with every tiny details you need .
Service is perfect, roo; in the riads very nice and location is just perfect
Any way, don't really see hotels by ranking in trip Advisor because it's just not a criteria and can not really gives you the real value of the place .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Normally we never write comments. The first time we take the time. Everything is perfect. It is a palace. A perfect recommendation. In comparison to the cost, it is not expensive. We stayed in a Riad, a Villa to highest European standards.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple