“My experiences in Riad des Princesses” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Riad Palais des Princesses
Ranked #162 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
ORADEA,ROMANIA
“My experiences in Riad des Princesses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Booked a single room for six nights in November,35Euro/night. Staying in two different rooms I had two different experiences.
First of all, I must recognize , the riad was very clean and calm and the staff was very helpful and efficient, especially the cleaning women.
.The location is perfect, five minutes walking from Djemma El Fna.For a beginner in the city it was a little difficult to find.Paid 15 Euro for a taxi from airport to the big square, then a totally unhelpful guy was ready for a tip to look after my hotel.But I refused to give any tip because I hate this practice.
My first room L'Appartment de la Favorite was very beautiful, with nice design,original door ,comfortable bed but with external private bathroom.It was very cold after 7 P.M and to walk to the bathroom on the corridor, to open and shut the doors of my room and of my bathroom with the key create some stress for me.Very unpleasant experience because the bathroom was a little far.The bathroom was fine , a lot of toiletries for guests but the shower could have a better pressure.
Wifi doesn't work in my first room.I was forced to stay with my laptop in the corridor, the router was situated too far.
After many insistences they gave me another room,Lallaa Saadia, small, but very comfortable with a little bathroom and I lost the chance to make the trips in the dark .Wifi works perfect.It was a fridge in every room.
It is impossible to describe the breakfast, 6 Euro, because I choose to eat in the city.Any tourist had a lot of options in the area to eat delicious pancakes, fruits, sweets .
For the transfer from the riad to the station I paid 10 Euro.

Room Tip: L'Appartment de la Favorite is very beautiful , not comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Beek, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed 2 nights in the junior suite. This was our first hotel out of 5 different ones on our Moroccan trip and it was pretty good.
Pros: Very pretty riad, quiet, nice breakfast, easy airport transfer and friendly staff. I actually found it quite easy to find the place after coming back from the Jemma El Fna (especially compared with our next riad).
Cons: The suite was actually not very big and it was difficult to navigate around the bed, as it took up quite a bit of floor space. The main con was the drain smell in the bathroom. You didn't really smell it when the door was closed but once you stepped into the (small) bathroom it was an overwhelming smell of sewer/drain. I realize in old cities, you sometimes get this (happened to us in France also) but it doesn't make it any less unpleasant. I would have enjoyed my stay more if that smell would not have been there.
Overall, I liked the place and really liked the location (never got lost while staying there which definitely happened later once we moved locations. I only changed riads because I like to stay in a few different places to check it out)

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I saw looked nice but I would request one away from the main floor lobby.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Upon receiving a personal recommendation, we booked 2 nights here. For a series of reasons we ended up not enjoying it. These reasons may just be one-off exceptions but thought I would explain anyway. It is very hard to find. Even our very fancy prior Marrakesh hotel could not locate it, so we ended up hiring a guide to lead us there. If the website for the riad had shown a local number, as well as the French one, we could have contacted them for assistance, as they were not answering the French number. Once we arrived, the manager very graciously lead us to the lovely roof deck and arranged for mint tea, while our room was prepared. However, hours later no one still had come to show us our room, but we chased it down. The room was strewn with rosé petals and has robes, but was too narrow to open our suit cases. The shower water pressure was so low that the water came out as a dribble. The riad is in the medina, which is great. It is also however, down 2 quite dark lanes before you meet one of the main passages in the medina. One night my husband was ill and we were to join friends for dinner in the main square. I did not feel comfortable travelling these dark lanes alone. The breakfast buffets were fine. On the up side, when we asked for assistance arranging for s very early taxi to the airport, the second manager took us himself to the main square to meet the driver, who had been delayed by a traffic accident. He also made us some early coffee. Our friends stayed in another riad in the medina and for the same price. They had a much better experience. We visited it and definitely felt it was lovely and the owner was very welcoming.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the hotel pick you up and take you to the riad. Also check your room before accep...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobandTina
Sunny Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Firstly I can recommend using this Riad's transfer from the airport, how lovely to arrive and be taken to the square without having to go straight into bargaining with a taxi! We were driven to the square and then escorted into the alley where the Riad staff met us all for €15.

In the riad we registered and were served mint tea then given a map of the medina with advice on places to visit. We arrived early and I didn't expect our room to be ready but the staff apologised that it would be an hour before it was ready. We were happy to leave our bags and go to explore.

On our return we were shown to our delightful room on the top floor, beautifully prepared with the rose petals! A lovely room for us and an adjoining room for our daughter, with a shower room and a fridge stocked with refreshing drinks at €2 a can.

A good point with this riad is that they are very strict about access to the roof terrace at night so there is no noise from inconsiderate guests that you can get in a riad.
The roof terrace is delightful particularly at sunset.

Access to the square is easy via two routes and the streets are safe if you take care to keep out of the way of mopeds, bikes and donkey carts! What is lovely is it is so close you can go out into the madness of the souks and come back for a break freshen up then go off for another session knowing you are never far away from this refuge.

We had the pleasure of meeting the owner who is charming, I won't spoil anything but if you get the chance to meet him ask about his life.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Palais de Princesses
This riad is 2 minutes from the big square, Jma el Fenaa. It truly is
luxurious, beautiful and has so much attention to detail such as personalized robes and towels, fresh flowers and carefully laid petals, which make the stay unforgettable. I would definitely agree with all the positive feedback given and would without question stay here again. Ofcourse, here you will find a warren of alleys, sometimes not as well lit, but completely safe as we were two women, sometimes getting back in after midnight. We found it exciting.

We stayed here for two nights after returning from Essouria, arriving at 1am! I called the riad and was greeted by Si Mohammed, who arranged to meet us outside Jama al Fenaa, and helped carry our suitcases back...a 10 minute walk to Zaytoon Qadeem street. Such a gentleman!

We originally requested a standard twin room but Si Mohammed upgraded us free to a deluxe suite, which was absolutely breathtaking, so luxurious and spacious.

He also gave us tea and informed us of the wifi code and what's more, said we didn't need to fill in any forms until after breakfast, as it was late and said we should relax and rest.... We felt at home and welcome from the start!

Breakfast buffet was till 10.30 am but they stayed open till 11am which was kind and flexible of them, especially as they had to prepare lunch too. This was by far the best breakfast we had, compared to two other Riads we stayed at, during this trip.

We also had the pleasure of meeting the actual owner Dr Maurice, an exceptionally welcoming and humble man, especially for one so knowledgable and experienced with life. It was interesting to observe how Dr Maurice managed his staff and guests, with sincere interest and how he valued their opinions. Our frequent conversations with him made our stay that little more perfect; and since we were two women travelling alone, he reassured us that we were safe staying at Palais de Princesses.

The manager, Kawther, was very welcoming and friendly and humble too. She gave us maps and spoke with detail on what we were looking for in our stay, places to visit, tips, and arranged for us to have a spa treatment at very short notice. I really appreciated her sincere efforts to make our stay memorable, especially as she was so busy with other guests and staff queries. She always made us feel that she had plenty of time for our queries.

One thing I would say though as advice to all travellers is that you must ask if you would like something, especially if you feel that it would make your stay more comfortable.
Rather than moan about what wasn't possible. I know that the English tradition is to be reserved and not ask but I always politely ask and it makes a difference.

A very easy 10/10 for Palais de Princesses, I'm missing it already!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aaishah7
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I made a last minute booking when travelling to Marrakech that was one of the best decisions I've ever made. On arrival I was greeted with warmth and hospitality. The hotel is a tranquil palace in the middle of the Marrakech's busy medina. All staff go out of their way to make your stay memorable. My room was heaven. The hotel is equipped with terraces, solarium, restaurant, hamm am, jacuzzi and massage facilities in the beauty salon. I recommend Raid et Palais des Princessess to all travellers for a touch of paradise in Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 66Marie13
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

let me start with location, just perfect 2 mins from Jamaa ELfanaa square, in the heart of the old city, the staff member they are just amazing starting from Abdelatif he welcomed us & he was the only one in morocco who inducted us about the city provided maps for each one, explained everything, also arranged for desert trip for us, he was so helpful and honest man, the place it self & the rooms just amazing we stayed twice there and we had 2 different rooms and both were amazing, the interior, the design, everything, so whenever you hit Marrakesh make sure to check in there.

Room Tip: All the rooms just perfect we tried 2 different rooms as we stayed there twice, all just perfect al...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple