“Well located, peaceful stay in the old city”
Review of Ksar Anika

Ksar Anika
Ranked #171 of 1,160 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Ksar Anika is a beautiful riad in the Jewish part the Marrakech souq, furnished in a contemporary yet distinctly Moroccan style. It is located at a part of the old city that is accessible to cars, whilst just a short distance away are traditional narrow alleys where turning a blind corner could lead one to bump into a laden donkey, as we almost did several times. The frenetic madness of the main square is an easy walk away, providing a sharp contrast to the tranquility of the riad's elegant courtyard with its inviting pool. Service was personalized, courteous & unobstrusive: a hammam ritual, al fresco breakfast and a specially prepared lunch were arranged with minimum fuss.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MyFairD
There are newer reviews for Ksar Anika

Reviewed 6 June 2014

That was an amazing experience at Ksar Anika in Marrakech! We were always afraid (my wife and I) of hotels in countries where they can show you pictures of the hotel and its rooms that have nothing to do with reality... Not this time.
The staff were so friendly we thought we know them for years, breakfast very healthy and rich and we had two succulent dinners with friends.
We will go back next year with more friends.
The only missing thing was the TV in the beautiful suite, as I love to watch the news in the morning... but perhaps a good thing for those looking for tranquility.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I loved Ksar Anika. Of all the riads I stayed at (6 in all), this was my favorite. The room was spacious and clean, interior lighting was good; the staff was excellent. Their breakfast was my favorite of all. They also served us a wonderful dinner our 2nd night there. One night I tried to call someone, but I didn't know I couldn't make an outgoing call (or I didn't know how). A staff person answered the phone and tried to help, but I hung up on him thinking I had dialed a wrong number. A few moments later, he came knocking on my door, asking if I was trying to make a call. How embarrassed I was. I gave him the phone number of my tour guide and he called the guide, who in turn called me. Now that's service. The riad has a few exercise equipment on the terrace. The roof top has some interesting views (including a Jewish cemetery). Also, they offer a private hammam and massage. Ahhh, a great way to end a 12 day trip. I spent some of my last moments, before flying home, sitting outside the main door, just watching the true Moroccan lifestyle. The riad is on a busy street, so it offers terrific people/culture watching. I cherished that experience. By the way, the house next door had a goat on the roof top. How's that for the real Morocco?!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 10 -- it was great. Nice and quiet. No street or doorbell sounds.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed at this casa and couldn't recommend it enough, good location, really helpful staff - absolutely beautiful and unbelievable value! All the staff were so friendly and helpful, the breakfast was really good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Loved this Riad, staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming. Decor has given me loads of fantastic ideas, but doubt I could pull it off with such panache. The location was just right for us, a pair of slightly nervous middle aged women, just on the edge of the medina. 10-15 min walk into the main square past the Bahia Palace and through some covered streets lined with shops. Definitely taxi back after dark though. Before dark, however there is the pool to welcome you after a hard days bargaining. Only slightly odd thing was having to pre order meals, bit like being in hospital, but understand why it has to be that way.

Thank you Madjouline and team!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment we arrived at Ksar Anika (19 May 2014) to the moment 3 nights later when we reluctantly left, we had the most wonderful stay.
The staff couldn't be more welcoming and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They recommended an excellent restaurant for our first night and guided us there. They arranged a half day tour, which we did on our first morning. It was definitely worth doing as it helped us get our bearings of the potentially overwhelming Medina!
Our room (Marrakech Imperiale) was authentic and charming, with lovely views of the main courtyard and back courtyard. We had everything we needed. It was a delightful room!
Our breakfasts were lovely. We didn't eat lunch or dinner there because we were out and about every day (sampling the street food in Jemaa El Fna is a must!!) but the menu at the riad looked good.
It's an excellent base from which to explore the Medina. It took us 10-15 minutes to walk to Jemaa El Fna, and just 5 minutes to reach Bahia Palace, the souks and Badii Palace. The streets around the riad are well lit and we personally felt safe walking back late at night. Although do watch the traffic - mopeds, scooters, cyclists, horse and cart, donkey and cart, taxis and all other vehicles come round those bends at quite some rate!!
One morning, we spent a couple of hours just relaxing at the riad, and it was simply bliss. Despite all the hustle and bustle beyond the walls of the riad, we thoroughly relaxed on the riad rooftop and beside the pool in the pretty courtyard. It was peaceful and uplifting.
I would recommend this riad to anyone looking for a good base in the Medina, from which to explore all the delights that Marrakech has to offer, and also looking for somewhere to relax and unwind, whilst in the riad. Highly recommended!
Thank you so much to all the staff at Ksar Anika for a wonderful stay, befitting of our 10th wedding anniversary!! xx

Room Tip: If you're after something specific, contact the hotel directly and ask for their guidance on whi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happierwhentouring
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from 4 nights at Ksar Anika and can't recommend it enough. All the staff were wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were very welcoming. We had a lovely large room (free upgrade), the food was excellent, and we enjoyed relaxing by the pool when returning from our sight seeing each day. Good location too. Would be very happy to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple