“Excellent value, sunny, laid back and a super retreat from the city heat”

LABRANDA Targa Club Aquapark
Ranked #181 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
West Sussex
“Excellent value, sunny, laid back and a super retreat from the city heat”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just back 5 nights with Low cost holidays & easyjet.

All inclusive, no bun fights for the buffet or bars. lovely people, staff didn't expect tips all the time; how they kept the mosquitos away when it was well into the high 30s,well done!. Would thoroughly recommend it & minibus into town was frequent, free & friendly. Lovely tagines, especiallly at lunch.

Room Tip: 4114 is quiet & away from pool noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank couplefromWestSussex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I loved staying here, the staff are so nice and helpful except the receptionist her attitude was a bit rude, two staff named Rita & Mona were lovely & friendly! The food were very tasty, they made sure they cooked new things everyday.. The clubs & mall was really close to the resort as well, who knew Marrakech had such a great night life, visit these clubs I recommend it! 'So' & '555' & 'theatre' Beautiful resort & country, we went as a group 7 of us age range between 19-25 years old we loved it :).

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Mshussainx
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I spent 5 nights at this hotel with my husband and 9 year old daughter from May 29th 2014 on a half board basis. The hotel is spotless and staff were extremely friendly and helpful including and especially the shuttle bus drivers.
There is one large main pool and two smaller ones, one with the water slides. There are 4 water slides but only 3 were working. The water slides are one of the main reasons I chose this hotel and my daughter loved it. They turn on and off at certain times and it's good to find out the times to avoid disappointment .
Free wifi is available but only in the main lobby area. Shuttle bus service is good but you have to book in advance and if it's full it's full. We had to change our plans once because the bus was full. It runs about every 2 hours to the medina and to gueliz and picks up at the same stops which you book with the driver. It's a good service but at peak times I think they should make another run so no one is left out.
Reception staff speak English but most other staff only speak arabic or French so it's a good idea to learn some of the useful words.
Food is good enough but remember if you are on a half board basis drinks are not included. Everything is served in a buffet style and there are water machines and drink machines with no attendant which is why people think it's included. We had an incident when a staff member approached us on our 4th day and as we didn't know what he was saying the manger came and told us that drinks were not included, not even water. He was quite rude about it and it was very embarrassing for us. In other hotels, anything that is not included will have an attendant so you know what you have to pay for before you take it. He made us feel like we were thieves and I think the manger could learn something from the staff who were always very polite. You can't leave water machines and drink machines in a buffet restaurant without any signs or attendants and then come to your table and tell you to pay for them. If you don't want to employ more staff then you should have all inclusive only, as with other hotels.
Another bad point was the service. The worst service I have ever had in all my travels around the world. We waited and waited for someone to come and make up a bed for my daughter. We called reception again and again from 12pm. They were always very polite and told us someone would be there in 5 mins every time we called and we finally got someone to come at 11:30pm we had to stay up until they came. They brought the bedding and it took 2 mins to do.
When we called for someone to fix the safe in the room, again we were politely told 5 minutes each time again and again and again. After 2 days someone came and said he needed to change something and will be back in 5 minutes and never came back. This went on throughout our whole stay. The safe never did get fixed and we had to carry all our valuables with us everywhere . Not to mention the time wasted waiting for someone to come everyday.
The only reason I can think of is that there is a great shortage of staff at the hotel. They really need to employ more people as it spoils what could otherwise be a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank butterfly225
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

On arrival at the hotel, late evening, we were greeted by a rather somber receptionist who spoke no English. She did nit smile once and never welcomed us, very disappointing I must say. She scurried us off to the restuarant where we were given a plate of rolls and meats. No drink was available and the bar was closed so thank goodness we had our own bottled water! NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION.

The room was very pleasant although we did have ants in our room. The shower and the bathroom were excellent. You needed air conditioning on throughout the night. At first this was very noisey but we soon got used to it. The general cleanliness was excellent.

Limited drinks at the pool bar and certainly no diet drinks whatsoever at any bar in the hotel. Pool bar service was good but the night bar the service was slow and there was always a cue. Cannot comment about the paid bar as did not visit this during our stay. It was good to note that the evening bar had become a no smoking bar.

The food was very good, plenty of main meal choices. The salads were very well presented and rather yummy. Fruit was a bit limited. Staff pleasant within the restuarant.

The pool area was clean and there were plenty of sun beds.

The entertainment staff were amazing and made us feel very welcome. They all spoke some English, the only people in the hotel that did! If it wasn't for these bunch of friendly staff I think we would have wanted to move out of the hotel. The French dominated this hotel and all staff speak French.

Use the spa at your own peril. No-one spoke English and the treatment I experienced was dreadful. I came away with very painful feet and a bleeding little toe after a pedicure. Non of the instruments were sterilised and the therapist spent a lot of her time chatting to a colleague during my treatment. I felt as though I was a nuisance rather than a valued customer. I felt the need to complain as I had never experienced anything like it. I rarely complain as I have a very positive nature.

The bus service into the new and old town was excellent, a 15/20 minute journey. If I stayed in Marrakech again I would stay either in the new town or the medina as our hotel was very remote and no local shops nearby.

1 Thank Carol K
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I recently returned from a very relaxing and enjoyable break with a friend at the Atlas Targa. Booked on an all-inclusive basi , I certainly wasn't sure what to expect having had little experience of the "all inclusive break". Well, I think it's fair to say, that it exceded both our expectations.
The hotel is located on the outskirts of the city, which is in our opinion a positive asset, as the city centre is noisy and full of traffic. Surrounded by olive groves and rose fields (for perfume production) it was a serene haven in which to relax and unwind.
The public areas were modern, air conditioned and very clean. There is a very nice spa in the basement too. Food was plentiful, fresh, well presented and varied, and regularly replaced, if not a little bland (catered mainly for the French market, I suspect).
Wine was plentiful and of good quality both at meal times (white, red and rose on offer at all times) and in the bars of which there were two. The free bar served wine, beer and a few spirits from which they made "cocktails". Soft drinks were of the usual variety plus fruit juices and chilled water. There is also a paying bar where you can purchase European brands and within which there is a giant screen showing mainly football and other sports.
The four pools were set amidst lawned gardens dotted with many trees and plants and for the more energetic there were a variety of sports on offer.
A smattering of French would help with communication as not all staff speak English. A very efficient shuttle bus goes back and forth between the city and the hotel, but make sure you add your name to the list at reception!!
Our room was clean and well appointed with good air conditioning, a lovely balcony overlooking the gardens and a plentiful supply of hot water.
If I was to be hyper critical .... the wifi could be better, only working in some of the public areas, and there was a rather officious woman on reception at certain times, who was bordering on the rude. Other than that an absolute bargain of a place for a week of chilling and site seeing.

5 Thank kc3824
AtlasHospitality, Directeur général at LABRANDA Targa Club Aquapark, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear kc3824

Thank you for your very generous comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay in Atlas Targa Aqua Parc. We are very happy that you felt most welcomed by the team and that you found their words or actions pleasant and professional. These compliments are the highest compliments possible for us. It’s nice that you were totally happy and content to relax in our very spacious and very quiet room! In addition, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our All inclusive option. We hope you will have the occasion to return to our hotel-club very often!

Yours sincerely,
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

i have just spent a week at this hotel 22/5 to 29/5 and had a great time. the reviews are very mixed but i didn't have a problem. The hotel is very clean and most of the staff were very friendly, i never encountered any rudeness. The food was lovely especially the tagines, and if it was a bit luke warm you can always use the microwave. Abdul in the restaurant was very helpful as i am gluten intolerant.....top bloke!!! the animation team were great with the kids. most of the guests were french but not a problem for me and i dont speak their lingo very well. Big thanks to Ali, Najib and Mouna who were really nice and friendly, hope to see them all again one day.

Rashid the manager was very nice and understanding as my return home was at night and he let me check out of my room at 4 pm at no extra cost, as i was being picked up at 7pm.

i had a great holiday and would recommend this hotel no problem

Room Tip: near reception if you want wifi in your room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank slimreg
AtlasHospitality, Directeur général at LABRANDA Targa Club Aquapark, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear slimreg,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay that we are grateful for your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions. Your feelings and your thoughts are our priority! We take good note of your comments and will try to fix it as soon as possible to bring you complete satisfaction.

Kindest Regards,

Abdelhaq Chehli, general manager of Atlas Targa Club Aqua Parc.
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from a 1 week stay. It was outside of the school holidays so the hotel, pool, restaurant etc. were fairly quite and the whole stay felt very relaxing. I must say that, for the price we paid (we had a very good deal deal), I really cant fault this hotel or the service.

The shuttle bus runs several times a day and made travel from the resort to the old and new town very easy. We used this everyday and when we wanted to stay out late (or missed the bus back) a petite taxi was only 50 dirham. The resort is quite remote so i wouldn't recommend trying to walk in to the city.

The Animation Team (Ali, Moana, Didi and Najib) were so friendly and made a real effort to make sure we felt included. Actually, this was true of all staff that we met.

The food and drink were OK. Not amazing but not bad either. I must admit though, the square pancakes at breakfast were a winner for me. I ate these every day!!!

Stay here if you want the hustle and bustle of a city break with the chance to sit by a pool when it all gets a bit too hot and crazy.

Room Tip: It seems not all rooms have a fridge so might be worth checking. We had a room in one of the Rhiad...
1 Thank Ceejayel
Hi LazyHazyDayz

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Atlas Targa Aqua Parc. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back.

sincerely,

Abdelhaq Chehli, directeur général d'Atlas Targa Club Aqua Parc.